ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

dependent

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tanvirkhan

dependent

Post by tanvirkhan » Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:45 pm

hi can any body tell me plz if a dependent can switch to student or not? without leaving country

ash786
BANNED

Re: dependent

Post by ash786 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:08 pm

tanvirkhan wrote:hi can any body tell me plz if a dependent can switch to student or not? without leaving country
1. No as a dpendent will have to leave the UK and apply for entry clearance with the full Tier 4 Criteria.

PostMan

Re: dependent

Post by PostMan » Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:35 am

tanvirkhan wrote:hi can any body tell me plz if a dependent can switch to student or not? without leaving country
No, Dependant must leave and apply for T4 on his/her own capacity from his/her country. unless the main applicant got ILR

tanvirkhan

Post by tanvirkhan » Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:55 pm

i know one of my friend... he changed his wife,s status from dependent to student about 2 yars ago.... has this rule changed? because that time it was allowed that a dependent can switch to student as well without leaving country

yasa
Diamond Member

Post by yasa » Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:54 pm

tanvirkhan wrote:i know one of my friend... he changed his wife,s status from dependent to student about 2 yars ago.... has this rule changed? because that time it was allowed that a dependent can switch to student as well without leaving country
it happened previously with some cases but not now...
=======================
Every cloud has silver lining
=======================

tanvirkhan

Post by tanvirkhan » Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:16 am

can any body plz send me any link of UKBA or home office regarding this rule..that a dependent have to go to his/her home country to switch to student visa from psw
thanx

ash786
BANNED

Post by ash786 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:47 am

tanvirkhan wrote:can any body plz send me any link of UKBA or home office regarding this rule..that a dependent have to go to his/her home country to switch to student visa from psw
thanx
1. U initial post was that " Hi can any body tell me plz if a dependent can switch to student or not" so in this case the answer is wat i already said.

2. Now u r saying that " That a dependent have to go to his/her home country to switch to student visa from psw" Now u saying that from PSW to student so its a bit confusing as dependent can not be on PSW visa in the first palce.

tanvirkhan

Post by tanvirkhan » Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:28 pm

sorry for confusion...
actually i am on PSW and my wife is dependent.......
now i want to apply for work permit or student visa for my wife....
can she apply while staying in UK.....any rules regarding this plz

ash786
BANNED

Post by ash786 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:10 pm

tanvirkhan wrote:sorry for confusion...
actually i am on PSW and my wife is dependent.......
now i want to apply for work permit or student visa for my wife....
can she apply while staying in UK.....any rules regarding this plz
1. In that case, she needs to leave the UK and apply for EC (Entry Clearance) from your home country as she can not apply from within UK.
2. She will also need to meet the full criteria for the type of work permit she wants to apply for.

tanvirkhan

Post by tanvirkhan » Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:51 pm

can any body send me any reference plz if a dependent can,t switch to student visa or work permit while staying in UK?

any law which states that he/she has to apply in his/her own coutry....because previously dependent was allowed to switch

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:10 pm

tanvirkhan wrote:can any body send me any reference plz if a dependent can,t switch to student visa or work permit while staying in UK?

any law which states that he/she has to apply in his/her own coutry....because previously dependent was allowed to switch
Search the UKB website, it's not hard, really....
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

Pakhtoon
- thin ice -

Post by Pakhtoon » Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:52 pm

Or call them. It will be quicker and you can get reliable advice.
“Terrorism is the war of the poor; war is the terrorism of the rich.â€