ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Child Citizenship Application Questions

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Paragtim
Newly Registered

Child Citizenship Application Questions

Post by Paragtim » Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:39 am

Hi all,

I am married to a Filipina who is about to apply for citizenship. We successfully brought 2 children to the UK 4 years ago. The youngest one, my step-son, is approaching 18 years old (May).

1. Is there any kind of automatic citizenship for children?

2. If not can we include him on my wife's application?

3. If yes, does he need to pass the citizenship exam?

4. Does he need, as a minor, a valid Philippine passport to support his application?

Look forward to your help

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:18 pm

I am not sure how it may work if the children are adopted by yourself. That aside they can be included with your wife's application, for the children apply using http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/briti ... shcitizen/
have a look at the Guide (MN), and use Form (MN) for each child when apply. I believe they fall under section 3(1).

he wont need citizen exam if he applies before he is 18.

Paragtim
Newly Registered

Post by Paragtim » Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:19 pm

Thanks for the prompt reply.

No they are not adopted by me, just step children by marriage, retaining the original family name.

I can't find Form\Guide MN only MN1 - do you know if that is the correct form?

Just to confirm that I have read the Costs correctly - Another UKP460.00 on top of the wife's application - Does that sound correct?

UKP 1180.00 :( I'm in the wrong business

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:24 pm

sorry meant MN1.

the fees are CURRENTLY £460 for 1st child plus £50 for each child thereafter. Yes this is on top of wife's £750.

From April fees are going up http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... t-services

Paragtim
Newly Registered

Post by Paragtim » Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:22 pm

Again thanks for the prompt reply.

1 last question.
Does the passport for the child have to be current. Just looked and found out that it has expired

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:10 pm

to be honest, i am not sure. If the process of renewing it is not too complicated, maybe you may want to do so just in case.