ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

social welfare report

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sunny_westmeath
Newly Registered

social welfare report

Post by sunny_westmeath » Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:49 am

Hi Folks,

Do i need to submit social welfare report with my naturalisation application to state that I have not claimed any social welfare from the state in the last 5 years? Does it speed up naturalisation process in anyway? I know social welfare report is not asked to be submitted with naturalisation application form. Please help in this query.

IrishTom
BANNED

Post by IrishTom » Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:32 am

Medical card= social welfare.

9jeirean

Post by 9jeirean » Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:01 pm

No. You do not need to submit SW report at this stage. It will be required at the latter stage in the process. I think it is taking up to 24 months at the moment to commence further processing of applications. At that stage, INIS will request your SW report directly from Dept of Social Welfare and your Garda report directly from the Garda Records Section.

I suggest you ring up about the 24months mark to find out update about your application. You may ask specifically about your reports and If applicable, INIS may direct you to contact DoSW to forward you a report which you can then pass on to INIS.

Goodluck

9j
What lies behind us and ahead of us is nothing compared to what lies within us

victor8600

Re: social welfare report

Post by victor8600 » Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:10 pm

sunny_westmeath wrote:Do i need to submit social welfare report with my naturalisation application ...
Read the requirements detailed in the Form 8, this document can be found at
http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/Form_8

Last time I checked (1 year ago), you had to send a letter from your SWO with your application form. This would be a standard letter, stating whether or not you were in receipt of any welfare payments, and if you did, it would detail dates and sums paid to you.
IrishTom wrote:Medical card= social welfare.
Let the Social Welfare Office (SWO) decide that.
Last edited by victor8600 on Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
All your base are belong to us

9jeirean

Post by 9jeirean » Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:10 pm

How does this apply to the poster's query? Do you even read the posts at all before you spill your gut on this forum at all.

You know there's a better way to cure insecurity. It's called therapy. This site won't cure your emotional fragility. Go get help. ......and yes, put your own medical card to good use. Ireland now has enough foreign healthcare professional to help you you know.

eeejit!

9jeirean

Post by 9jeirean » Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:18 pm

victor8600 wrote:
sunny_westmeath wrote:Do i need to submit social welfare report with my naturalisation application ...
Read the requirements detailed in the Form 8, this document can be found at

Last time I checked (1 year ago), you had to send a letter from your SWO with your application form. This would be a standard letter, stating whether or not you were in receipt of any welfare payments, and if you did, it would detail dates and sums paid to you.
Let the Social Welfare Office (SWO) decide that.
Thanks Victor8600, I did not realize that INIS now requests SW reports to accompany fresh applications. Does it then mean that INIS won't be requesting another SW report at the "further processing" stage?

AShawna

Post by AShawna » Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:26 pm

victor8600 wrote: Read the requirements detailed in the Form 8, this document can be found at

I still dont see anything on that link that says SW report should be sent in by the applicant.
...though it tarries, it shall surely come...

victor8600

Post by victor8600 » Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:57 pm

AShawna wrote:I still dont see anything on that link that says SW report should be sent in by the applicant.
You are right! The Form 8 has changed, in my saved copy (january 2009) it says
Form 8 (Ver Jan 2009b).pdf wrote:Letter from Social Welfare if you have been in receipt of any benefit within the last five years (other than child benefit) stating type and duration of payment. (Please note internal checks may be carried out).
In the new Form 8 (Ver 2.3 May 2009), this sentence is missing. So the letter from SWO is not needed anymore! Sorry for the confusion :)
All your base are belong to us

AShawna

Post by AShawna » Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:21 pm

victor8600 wrote:
You are right! The Form 8 has changed, in my saved copy (january 2009) it says
Form 8 (Ver Jan 2009b).pdf wrote:Letter from Social Welfare if you have been in receipt of any benefit within the last five years (other than child benefit) stating type and duration of payment. (Please note internal checks may be carried out).
In the new Form 8 (Ver 2.3 May 2009), this sentence is missing. So the letter from SWO is not needed anymore! Sorry for the confusion :)
Guess SW dept gave out to them when they got inundated with the requests :lol:
...though it tarries, it shall surely come...

IrishTom
BANNED

Post by IrishTom » Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:37 pm

sunny_westmeath wrote: Hi Folks,

Do i need to submit social welfare report with my naturalisation application to state that I have not claimed any social welfare from the state in the last 5 years? Does it speed up naturalisation process in anyway? I know social welfare report is not asked to be submitted with naturalisation application form. Please help in this query.
9Jeirean wrote:How does this apply to the poster's query? Do you even read the posts at all before you spill your gut on this forum at all.

You know there's a better way to cure insecurity. It's called therapy. This site won't cure your emotional fragility. Go get help. ......and yes, put your own medical card to good use. Ireland now has enough foreign healthcare professional to help you you know.

eeejit!

Indeed, from a previous thread...........
sunny_westmeath wrote:hi folks,

I am gonna apply for naturalisation soon. I have medical card(G.P Vist Card only) for last two years. Will it impact my naturalisation application? I have not claimed any social welfare benefit yet..Can you please clarify?

cheers
sunny
Il leave it with you, 9Jeirean. Its spelt Éireann by the way. Jaysus, at least spell the name of the country you currently reside in correctly.

You are lucky the state doesnt make you take an Irish exam before naturalisation. :lol:

asrpb

Post by asrpb » Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:58 pm

IrishTom wrote:

9Jeirean wrote:How does this apply to the poster's query? Do you even read the posts at all before you spill your gut on this forum at all.

eeejit!

I am gonna apply for naturalisation soon. I have medical card(G.P Vist Card only) for last two years. Will it impact my naturalisation application? I have not claimed any social welfare benefit yet..Can you please clarify?

cheers
sunny
Il leave it with you, 9Jeirean. Its spelt Éireann by the way. Jaysus, at least spell the name of the country you currently reside in correctly.

You are lucky the state doesnt make you take an Irish exam before naturalisation. :lol:
maybe that'll help save a dying language :)

IrishTom
BANNED

Post by IrishTom » Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:37 pm

asrpb wrote: maybe that'll help save a dying language :)
Stranger things have happened. Oh, and 9jeirean, I dont have a medical card. I am sure you could help me get one. :lol:

9jeirean

Post by 9jeirean » Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:20 pm

IrishTom wrote:

eeejit!

cheers
sunny

Pack your garbage and shove it where the sun does not shine. Of course you couldn't post your response in the original thread but chose rather to reflexly and continuously spew the same garbage over and over again on every thread he makes.

BTW, the username is 9jeirean you muppet. I know you are slow on the uptake but that may be a good thing cos that for sure will qualify you for a medical card and you know we need more of you dimwits to keep the HSE allocation going.

You've been dignified with response once too many already, now run along eejit