ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ASHE Earnings- After Tax/Before Tax

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jacqulinegeorge
Newly Registered

ASHE Earnings- After Tax/Before Tax

Post by jacqulinegeorge » Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:43 pm

Hi everyone

My employer is planning to apply a Tier 2 visa for myself.

I have a slight doubt regarding the salary rate though.

As per the ASHE Codes of Practice, for my job title, Project Engineer, it pays 14.76 pounds per hour for a 38 hr week.

I would like to know if these minimum wages are mentioned after tax or before tax?

Thanks in advance for your help and forthcoming response.

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:11 pm

it is my understanding that the rate mentioned is always "BEFORE tax" whenever UKBA is assessing earnings for any application.

I am not authority on the subject so wait for other members' response as well.

good day

jacqulinegeorge
Newly Registered

Post by jacqulinegeorge » Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:28 pm

arsenal49 wrote:it is my understanding that the rate mentioned is always "BEFORE tax" whenever UKBA is assessing earnings for any application.

I am not authority on the subject so wait for other members' response as well.

good day
Thanks so much for your reply. I would like other members also to reply if they have had experience in the same.

I would like to just rephrase my question.

According to the Section of Codes (SOC) practices for each type of work, each job title has a minimum wage attached to it.

I would like to know if that minimum wage to be paid to the employee for a 38 hour working week, is without taxes or with taxes included.

Thanks!!!

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:45 pm

Maybe this example will help you.

Lets say you are earning 25000 per annum. UKBA is interested to know this amount only. They dont care how much you are paying tax on it. I believe this figure is what usually mentioned as gross pay on the pay slips.

"Net pay" is what you actually get after paying all sorts of taxes and what have you.

This article may further your understanding.

http://www.netsalarycalculator.net/

Based on what you have said, Your gross pay over 12 months should be 29K and some change (i.e before tax).

14.76 * 38 = 560.88 per week
560.88 * 52 = 29,165.76 per annum

Hope this explains your query