ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

will summons be negative impact on citizenship application?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

robby1
BANNED

will summons be negative impact on citizenship application?

Post by robby1 » Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:10 am

hi guys ,
i am bit confused ,in oct last year guard stopped me for crossing red light traffic offence,she took all my details and told me that fixed fine notification will be issued to you in 6 to 8 weeks time and 2 penality points will be applied on my license, but i never got any letter regarding to fixed fine or p points,around 5th of december i rang fixed fine office in templemore ,girl on phone she told me fine letter was issued to me in december ,i told them that i never got any letter ,she said she will issue new one ,after waiting 4 days i rang them again a guy told me that letter has been issued & should be with you tomorrow or day after,i asked d guy can i pay fine over the phone ,he said no you cant untill u receive the letter ,i got letter d following days & i rang them to pay the fine ,girl told me 56 days are over from the issue off fine and now the matter is passed on to court today, court will you summons in few months , i told them it is not my fault why should i be issued summons , she said they can't do anything about it, we have all your telephone call record , you can discribe all situation to the judge , judge should be fine.

could any one tell what should i do?
will summons and court appearnace will be negative impact on my citizenship application even it is not my fault and judge will tell me to pay fixed fine .
if anyone can assist me.
thanks

tiggs

Post by tiggs » Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:39 pm

Hi Robby,
We were in similar situation twice in a row. Whereby fine notice never reached us and it went to court. Once in dublin other time in County court.

Do few things :
i) Take all the proof of communication in print with you
ii) Dont miss the court appointment (Judges are linient if you are present). We did go to court, and in both instances summons were STRUCK off as they coudlnt provide the proof that we recieved the notice. And while we were in court, what we noticed is, judge did let go ppl with traffic offences speeding ones etc... coz other party didnt turn up (i.e. gards with proof) .

In your case, you were even pro-active in calling them. So just take that log with you.

Now as for naturalisation, thats where i dont know much. But if your summon is struck off as it happened in my case. Nothing will happen to your application. To be safe keep a proof of that.

I did get me naturalisation after that.

Said that with INIS you dont know till end. so you never know. HOPE for the best that, summon is struck off .

Best of Luck

Kind Regards
Tiggs

IrishTom
BANNED

Re: will summons be negative impact on citizenship applicat

Post by IrishTom » Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:40 pm

robby1 wrote:
could any one tell what should i do?
Pray to Jebus/Allah/Buddha/Whateveryouarehavingyourself that the garda in question doesnt show up and your case gets struck out.

bobby Ji
Newly Registered

how to make clear

Post by bobby Ji » Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:27 pm

Cant believe this !!

after reading you post , i am scared myself , i was stopped in august by Gards for over speeding and she took my all details as usual , i didn't received any letter from anywhere till today .

can somebody suggest me what should i do to make sure i am clear or not .:(

regards

bobby

highstoolhero
Newly Registered

Post by highstoolhero » Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:55 am

a summons or even a conviction for a minor trafie offence will not affect you residency or citizenship. Multiple traffic offences or a criminal conviction will. Go to court and make your case that you did not receive letter. Judge may or may not strike the matter out. This reason has been regularly used over the past few years and some Judges are getting fed up of it. The problem with proof of receipt of the notice has not yet been resolved though.

zafarzafar
BANNED

hi

Post by zafarzafar » Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:44 pm

Hi bobby Ji,
you better to call on 1890-30-40-60 (fine office) and confirm if there is any charges.
hope this call would keep ur mind in rest