ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR : Absences from UK - Can I use PEO

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

prasa1
Newly Registered

ILR : Absences from UK - Can I use PEO

Post by prasa1 » Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:16 pm

Hi All,
My ILR is due in Nov 2010. I am required to travel to Dublin on work purpose for my employer for a period of 6 months. I will be returning to UK every weekend and I will continue to draw my salary in UK and pay taxes and NI in UK. My employer is willing to certify this as a Business related travel. Can I still use the PEO when I apply for ILR or do I need to send a postal application

Thanks in advance
P

nax_72

Post by nax_72 » Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:36 pm

You can try at a PEO with good supporting letter from employer for your business absent period in the UK.

srm
Newly Registered

letter

Post by srm » Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:39 pm

Hi,

It should not be a problem.

Ealrier i had read a post where some one had got a ILR after a gap of 1.5 yrs.

Even i go it when i had a gap of 154 days

So you do stand a chance :-) You need to have a letter from company.

Thanks
Shyam

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:31 am

Number of absences do not dictate whether you can apply in-person or not. But yes, an in-person application is not a guarantee of same day service.

If you provide adequate evidence(s) to substantiate your claims as detailed in the application forms (e.g. - absences) and the caseworker is satisfied with those evidences and your records on the UKBA databases, there is no reason why you will not be granted ILR within a few hours.

But if the caseworker determines that additional checks need to be carried out on your case then you might not receive ILR on the same day. They will accept the your application but you'll receive the decision by post after the required checks have been completed.

Make your employer aware of your need to submit documentary evidence of work-related absences at the time of ILR application and get their consent that such evidence will be made available to you at your request. With this arranged, IMHO, sign the dotted line and enjoy Dublin for few months!

regards

brandnew

Post by brandnew » Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:49 am

Dear srm,
Are you absences 154 days at a stretch?
Were you paid in the UK during this period?
What supporting document did you provide apart from letter from employer?

Appreciate your response. This will be really useful to me

Thanks

srm
Newly Registered

hi

Post by srm » Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:19 pm

Hi,

the 154 days were at a strecth and other then this i had my annual paid leaves
During 154 days i was not paid in UK
The letter i had got just said that during this period(gap) i was working from India due to project and business requirements.

Do let me know if you need any aditional info

Thanks

brandnew

Re: hi

Post by brandnew » Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:32 pm

HI srm,
I am exactly in the same situtation as you. I have a letter from employer stating all my absences (mentioning the dates)are either annual leave or business travels but there is no specific letter from the gap wich is >90 days. Will that do or do i need a seperate letter for >90 days?

Also did you apply at PEO or by post?

Thanks for your answers

srm
Newly Registered

hi

Post by srm » Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:40 pm

hi

there is no use for a specific letter
if there is a letter which says that you were absent is fine.. no specific letter is needed.

you can try at PEO itself as postal takes time

i chose birmingham as it is near to my house.
i was sure croydon charges before they take applictaion and in b'gham they evaluate ur document first and then ask about payment. i m not sure abt other PEO

Thanks
Shyam