ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Aplplying for Tier 1 : Help needed

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

maanginni
Newly Registered

Aplplying for Tier 1 : Help needed

Post by maanginni » Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:47 am

Hi ,

I wish to apply for UK Tier 1 (genaral) visa in few days and almost collected the documents required.
I 'm currently in US on L1-B visa and will be applying from here itself. I have a few questions.

1. I was in India before coming to US and came here in mid-2009. So, for showing 12 months earnings I have Indian

payslips for the period Feb-09 to June-09 and US payslips from July-09 onwards. Also, I have got all the statements

attested by the employer. Will that affect my case ?

2. Also I have been maintaining funds in two accounts, Indian bank account and US bank account. Can i show both

these accounts for maintaining the funds ? Because, I'm not sure if there any clause of showing the funds in a single account.

3. Passport - Do i need to send my passport with I-94 card attached to it ?
4. Can i mark the bank statements with a marker pen to highlight the salary credited to the account and making it

more visible.

Thanks

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Re: Aplplying for Tier 1 : Help needed

Post by tvn_ramesh » Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:10 am

maanginni wrote:Hi ,

I wish to apply for UK Tier 1 (genaral) visa in few days and almost collected the documents required.
I 'm currently in US on L1-B visa and will be applying from here itself. I have a few questions.

1. I was in India before coming to US and came here in mid-2009. So, for showing 12 months earnings I have Indian

payslips for the period Feb-09 to June-09 and US payslips from July-09 onwards. Also, I have got all the statements

attested by the employer. Will that affect my case ?

- It is fine and will not be a problem.. if ur payslips are original u even dont require sign/stamp on them..

2. Also I have been maintaining funds in two accounts, Indian bank account and US bank account. Can i show both

these accounts for maintaining the funds ? Because, I'm not sure if there any clause of showing the funds in a single account.

- Yes you can show funds in both the account together..

3. Passport - Do i need to send my passport with I-94 card attached to it ?

- You need to send your passport only that shd be fine

4. Can i mark the bank statements with a marker pen to highlight the salary credited to the account and making it more visible.

- Yes you can but make sure you are not distorting any of the number on the statement

Thanks

maanginni
Newly Registered

Post by maanginni » Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:15 pm

Thanks Ramesh for the quick response.

While applying for the Tier1 visa, it asks for the date of travel. I want to travel asap, so what date should i enter ?

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:13 am

maanginni wrote:Thanks Ramesh for the quick response.

While applying for the Tier1 visa, it asks for the date of travel. I want to travel asap, so what date should i enter ?
You can enter any date from the date you apply to a max of 3months forward..

Ideally you shd leave atleast 2weeks time for ur application to be processed.. so if you apply on 1 Jan 2010 its better to put date after 15th Jan and before 31st march 2010

maanginni
Newly Registered

Post by maanginni » Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:44 am

I have gathered all the documents required for the visa and will be applying within a day or two.
Still I have few more questions :

1. For what all documents should i provide a xerox copy ? I mean do I need to provide extra copies for the documents ?

I have prepared a documents checklist, please have a look and please let me know If I'm missing any.

1.Main Cover letter along with the detailed covering letters for each section.
2. Passport
3. Original Degree
4. Original marksheets
5. UK NARIC statement of comparability
6. Bank statements
7. Letter from the university stating the medium of instruction
8. Online payslips attested by the employer.
9. Online application form
10. PBS Appendix1
11. Summary sheet
12. 2 photographs
13. Reciept for online payment
14. Biometric scan receipt

Wish me luck...