ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship timeline tracker.

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

agniukas

Post by agniukas » Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:52 pm

congratulations to all newly approved

crown

Post by crown » Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:41 pm

homingpigeon wrote:When applying for the naturalisation cert there are 4 requirements;

1) Fee for €950
2) Passport photos
3) GNIB Card
4) Original Travel document (if applicable) Please do not submit your own national passport? Does anyone know what this is?

Thanks
Congrats
Crown

AShawna

Post by AShawna » Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:03 pm

homingpigeon wrote: I have my court date booked for the 23rd Feb.
What info did you need to supply to book the court date? Just wondering if one can book in advance without getting the approval letter first :wink:
...though it tarries, it shall surely come...

homingpigeon
Newly Registered

Post by homingpigeon » Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:32 pm

The person at the court just asked if I had my yellow form when I called. That's all. :D

mad

Post by mad » Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:38 pm

Hi! Guys,

I just received a letter from DOJ saying that my application is being prepared to be sent to the minister. I don't know but a few days ago I was told that they had requested a Garda update. Now I don't know if they will change their minds again but atleast I have something from them in writing. I applied in autumn 2006. What do you guys think? Is my wait going to be over soon?

Thanks for all your help in advance.

9jeirean

Post by 9jeirean » Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:37 pm

mad wrote:Hi! Guys,

I just received a letter from DOJ saying that my application is being prepared to be sent to the minister. I don't know but a few days ago I was told that they had requested a Garda update. Now I don't know if they will change their minds again but atleast I have something from them in writing. I applied in autumn 2006. What do you guys think? Is my wait going to be over soon?

Thanks for all your help in advance.
Great news there mad. This is quite unusual. Did you write them requesting for update? (as i am not sure it routine practice to write you about progress). Perhaps they are making up for the apparently unnecessary delay. Nevertheless a much needed assurance for you mate. Nearly there mate nearly there. Hang in there buddy :)
What lies behind us and ahead of us is nothing compared to what lies within us

Monifé

Post by Monifé » Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:16 pm

Congrats to everyone who has received their citizenship. From looking at this forum it looks like a lengthy, very hard procedure to go through.

Look forward to being alongside new Irish citizens and hope everything works well for you all in the future.

For people still waiting, hope Ireland gets up off their backside and hurrys up and gives it you.

Well done guys :)
beloved is the enemy of freedom, and deserves to be met head-on and stamped out - Pierre Berton

mad

Thanks 9gerian

Post by mad » Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:32 pm

Dear all, if they wrote to me that they are readying the file to be sent to the minister, how long do you think that it should take from now? Do you think its a matter of a couple of months or do you think it may take longer really?

Thanks

mad

Post by mad » Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:38 pm

homingpigeon wrote:
9jeirean wrote:
homingpigeon wrote:Hi all,

I got my letter of approval yesterday.

It arrived in normal post in a brown envelope.

My time line is as follows;

Applied on 21/08/2007
Acknowledged on 18/12/2007
Further documents required on 21/01/2009 (P21,3 Payslips & Bank Statements)
Sent in my social welfare report in early August 2009 as directed by INIS.
File sent to the minister for approval in early January 2010.
Received approval on 15 February 2010. :D

Thank you for all the advice on this forum and good luck to everyone still waiting it will come.
Congratulations mate!

That's quite interesting. The last time I spoke with INIS, I was told my application was sent to the minister in early December and to expect a response by end of February. It is interesting to see that yours was sent early January and have been approved already.
Thank you.

Funny you say that, I was told my application / file was being prepared to be sent to the minister in early December. When I called in January I was told it had only just been sent and they were awaiting response.....

I have my court date booked for the 23rd Feb.
Hi!

How come you have booked your court date even before you got your approval? Have you tentatively booked it so you dont waste time?

I'd appreciate a response.

Cheers

9jeirean

Re: Thanks 9gerian

Post by 9jeirean » Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:00 pm

mad wrote:Dear all, if they wrote to me that they are readying the file to be sent to the minister, how long do you think that it should take from now? Do you think its a matter of a couple of months or do you think it may take longer really?

Thanks
On the average it takes btw 6-8 weeks. But seems to be taking a tad longer these days. It should be within 3 months in any case. Mine was supposed forwarded in the first week of December and I am still waiting. The good news is once it's been sent to the minister it means a decision has been reached on your application. All is left is for the minister to sign off on it.

BTW, humingpigeon, got approval already. Check the preceding page
Hi all,

I got my letter of approval yesterday.

It arrived in normal post in a brown envelope.

My time line is as follows;

Applied on 21/08/2007
Acknowledged on 18/12/2007
Further documents required on 21/01/2009 (P21,3 Payslips & Bank Statements)
Sent in my social welfare report in early August 2009 as directed by INIS.
File sent to the minister for approval in early January 2010.
Received approval on 15 February 2010.

Thank you for all the advice on this forum and good luck to everyone still waiting it will come.
Last edited by 9jeirean on Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mad

Post by mad » Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:05 pm

9gerian you are too kind. I really appreciate all your help. Does it take 6 months to get the passport or do you think it takes 6 months to get the approval letter because I'd be content the day I get the approval letter. I wont mind waiting after that.

Thank you

9jeirean

Post by 9jeirean » Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:14 pm

mad wrote:9gerian you are too kind. I really appreciate all your help. Does it take 6 months to get the passport or do you think it takes 6 months to get the approval letter because I'd be content the day I get the approval letter. I wont mind waiting after that.

Thank you
Sorry mate. I mean 6-8 weeks NOT MONTHS. I have just corrected the mistake. No worries, we are nearly there :wink: :)

mad

Post by mad » Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:20 pm

Thanks for clarifying that 9gerian. I think I misread your post. I think I have turned into a pessimist. LOL. Cheers. I wish you the very best and sincerely hope that you will get your naturalisation sorted very soon.

HOTSPURS

Post by HOTSPURS » Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:47 am

krb wrote:Hi All,
Has anybody who applied for Naturalisation after April 2008 on the basis of work permit/work visa been asked for additional documents? (P21 etc)

Thanks.
None that i heard of. there seems to be a lull..When i asked Inis for an update, i was told it could take upto 24 months for reopening file (i applied in jun 2008)

krb
Newly Registered

Post by krb » Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:49 am

HOTSPURS wrote:
Has anybody who applied for Naturalisation after April 2008 on the basis of work permit/work visa been asked for additional documents? (P21 etc)

Thanks.
None that i heard of. there seems to be a lull..When i asked Inis for an update, i was told it could take upto 24 months for reopening file (i applied in jun 2008)
Ok thanks. I have been following the forum and I haven't seen any posts of people being requested for additional docs for applications after April 2008.

BDSK2003

Post by BDSK2003 » Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:21 pm

crown wrote:
homingpigeon wrote:When applying for the naturalisation cert there are 4 requirements;

1) Fee for €950
2) Passport photos
3) GNIB Card
4) Original Travel document (if applicable) Please do not submit your own national passport? Does anyone know what this is?

Thanks
Congrats
Crown
Crown,

This don't apply if you are on stamps 1, 2, 3 & 4.
It only applies to those who have received any asylum travel document from the department.

If you submit fee, passport photos, yellow document and original GNIB card, that's sufficient.

Best of Luck

BDSK

immigrant123
Newly Registered

Post by immigrant123 » Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:24 am

Folks,

Want to share some good news with all of you. Received my approval after a long long wait. I applied 02/2006 on 5 years Work Visa basis. After count less phone calls and letters to TDs. Finally got the approval letter 2 days ago in an ordinary post.

As I understand the major componenet of the delay was external agencies check (Garda report) which took a long time. Anyway I am relieved that it's over now.

Good luck to evryone and dont loose hope.

Cheers.

homingpigeon
Newly Registered

Post by homingpigeon » Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:28 am

BDSK2003 wrote:
crown wrote:

1) Fee for €950
2) Passport photos
3) GNIB Card

Thanks
Congrats
Crown
Crown,

This don't apply if you are on stamps 1, 2, 3 & 4.
It only applies to those who have received any asylum travel document from the department.

If you submit fee, passport photos, yellow document and original GNIB card, that's sufficient.

Best of Luck

BDSK
Thanks for that update BDSK2003.

Aceform
Member of Standing

Post by Aceform » Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:45 am

Thanks.
A friend of mine who applied in April 2008, has been asked for additional documents in Dec 2009

homingpigeon
Newly Registered

Post by homingpigeon » Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:49 am

immigrant123 wrote:Folks,

Want to share some good news with all of you. Received my approval after a long long wait. I applied 02/2006 on 5 years Work Visa basis. After count less phone calls and letters to TDs. Finally got the approval letter 2 days ago in an ordinary post.

As I understand the major componenet of the delay was external agencies check (Garda report) which took a long time. Anyway I am relieved that it's over now.

Cheers.
Well done immigrant123. I am sure you're relieved.

9jeirean

Post by 9jeirean » Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:24 am

Cheers.
02/2006? :shock:

You sure 'll be relieved now. Congrats mate!

9j

asrpb

Post by asrpb » Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:27 am

Cheers.
Congratulation immigrant123.

irishtom must be kicking his own head in his lonely corner :)

Bayern Munchen
Newly Registered

Post by Bayern Munchen » Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:37 pm

Cheers.
Well done!!! 4 bloody years.Can't imagine how U supposed to work,to make somebody waiting 4 years for a piece of paper.Well done ,once again and good luck.

mad

Post by mad » Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:15 pm

Cheers.
Congratulations immigrant123. That's brilliant. How long did it take after your file was sent to the minister.

Cheers.

mrsi

hi

Post by mrsi » Fri Feb 19, 2010 7:50 pm

nice thread