ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

TIMELINE AFTER NATURALISATION APPLICATION SUBMISSION

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ninahdm
Newly Registered

Post by ninahdm » Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:47 am

hi everyone

congratulations to all those who got their approval ... all the best wishes to those still waiting (including myself lol)

was wondering if it's worth calling the Ho just to see if i can get any updates or it might be just a bit too soon (applied on 26th of jan)

safwan

Post by safwan » Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:59 am

hi ninahdm

why not, you can try , friday is the best day to call

ninahdm
Newly Registered

Post by ninahdm » Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:05 am

thanks safwan, do you know what the best number to call is? i have one on the acknowledgement letter but it seems more like a general one (have just dialled it:))

Eskar

Post by Eskar » Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:08 am

well it is not too soon be honest because lot of people got their aapproval by 3rd week. probllem is they might not tell you anything so that would cause mentan stress but sometimes you end up with someone nice who might give you update . i calld 2wice and got nothing. so i would say worth a try.
ninahdm wrote:hi everyone

congratulations to all those who got their approval ... all the best wishes to those still waiting (including myself lol)

was wondering if it's worth calling the Ho just to see if i can get any updates or it might be just a bit too soon (applied on 26th of jan)

Eskar

Re: !!!

Post by Eskar » Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:13 am

Hi Nina read the messege bellow
marvelous2062 wrote:
Hi London102

This is the number 0151 6725626, please stick with the options 3,1,2 or else u will get the six month record time scale rubbish.

Marvin

ninahdm
Newly Registered

Post by ninahdm » Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:25 am

hey guys, just off the phone with them, the guy I spoke to said that it looks like a decision has been made in my case and I should hear from there very soon ... hopefully it's going to be an approval
whatever the outcome, thanks for being really supportive

Eskar

Post by Eskar » Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:37 am

see you guys are lukcy and i called twice and got nothing decided not to call eventhough my mind keep telling me to call but it make me sad when they say we cant reveal any information unless it is 6 month old case.
ninahdm wrote:hey guys, just off the phone with them, the guy I spoke to said that it looks like a decision has been made in my case and I should hear from there very soon ... hopefully it's going to be an approval

ninahdm
Newly Registered

Post by ninahdm » Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:52 am

eskar

i can imagine how frustrating it is...i was really dreading the answer when i picked up the phone, almost certain that I'll get the same six months story ...i spose i was just lucky... I'm still to find out what the decision is though so there's going to be another agonising wait until the letter will arrive

if i was you, i'd call them again ... it can't do any harm, can it?

safwan

Post by safwan » Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:53 am

hi Eskar

the best day the call them is friday , its very likely they will tell you the update wish is -in your case - the decision is made and its approval of course

safwan

Post by safwan » Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:58 am

hi nina

the decision means the approval letter (trust me) because if it was some thing else he would mention the word enquiry as they do all time

safwan

Post by safwan » Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:00 am

ESCAR

you and me will be soon of the waiting boat as you called it :lol:

ninahdm
Newly Registered

Post by ninahdm » Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:02 am

thanks safwan really hope so, i'll keep you guys updated
hope you'll get yours very soon

Eskar

Post by Eskar » Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:05 am

no i will wait

Eskar

Post by Eskar » Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:07 am

hope so. need to make sure the waiitng boat do not start to adore us then cant get off
safwan wrote:ESCAR

you and me will be soon of the waiting boat as you called it :lol:

London102

Post by London102 » Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:46 am

Hi ninahdm,

I am sure you will have the approval letter soon.....

You pursuaded me to call them now as you and I share exactly the same timeline..... However in my case they said the application is still awaiting allocation.

I am hearing this for about a week now and don't know what that means. Does it mean that the enquiries have been completed and a case worker has to say yes or no on the case or the case worker upon assignment, would initiate all the enquiries ????

If latar is teh case, then mine is too slow a pace.

confused

ninahdm wrote:hey guys, just off the phone with them, the guy I spoke to said that it looks like a decision has been made in my case and I should hear from there very soon ... hopefully it's going to be an approval
:? :?

Eskar

Post by Eskar » Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:54 am

im not expert but its seems like initial checking has done, you are in queue for case worker.
London102 wrote:Hi ninahdm,

You pursuaded me to call them now as you and I share exactly the same timeline..... However in my case they said the application is still awaiting allocation.

I am hearing this for about a week now and don't know what that means. Does it mean that the enquiries have been completed and a case worker has to say yes or no on the case or the case worker upon assignment, would initiate all the enquiries ????

confused

Spartac

Post by Spartac » Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:07 pm

I think the HO call centre are more informative once a decision has been made, based on my experience of calling them. Before that it depends on who answers your call and you are likely to hear the 3 to 6 months standard tag line.

Still waiting for the letter to come in. They told me on Wednesday it had been sent to the dispatch team and I should hear from them within 7 days. Haven't told me whether its an approval or not though.

Regards - Spartac

London102

Post by London102 » Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:09 pm

Thanks Eskar.

Since all applications go to Liverpool and ofcourse must be stacked datewise somewhere.Then why we see variations in the timeframe for different applicants though their submission and payment taken dates are same ???

Different criteria perhaps for different applications ?

Regards,

Eskar wrote:im not expert but its seems like initial checking has done, you are in queue for case worker.

confused

:?

Eskar

Post by Eskar » Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:10 pm

Hi London 102, we both from same region northwest so our case should be handled by same nationality team. let see how is goes. by the im from lancashire

Spartac

Post by Spartac » Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:17 pm

I think the initial checks for some nationalities take longer than others. That is the only rationale I can work out. The good character requirements do state that the checks they carry out will depend on the circumstances of each applicant.

Regards - Spartac

Eskar

Post by Eskar » Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:18 pm

well as i said application are process by different nationality team in terms of region eventhough all application are processed in liverpool. so times vary depends on the size of the team. im not sure but your council might have also influence on that because if council receive 1000 approval one week they wont be able to alocate ceremony for them.
London102 wrote:Thanks Eskar.

Since all applications go to Liverpool and ofcourse must be stacked datewise somewhere.Then why we see variations in the timeframe for different applicants though their submission and payment taken dates are same ???

Different criteria perhaps for different applications ?

Regards,

Eskar wrote:im not expert but its seems like initial checking has done, you are in queue for case worker.

confused

Spartac

Post by Spartac » Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:23 pm

Eskar wrote: but your council might have also influence on that because if council receive 1000 approval one week they wont be able to alocate ceremony for them.

A busy council can delay your ceremony but thats all after you have received approval. But the approval letter you get and the certificates sent to the council by the HO are not impacted by how busy they are.

London102

Post by London102 » Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:31 pm

Hi Eskar,

I am from Manchester and have applied from NCS Manchester, seems the case is moving a snail's pace. Fingers crossed.

Take care

Eskar wrote:Hi London 102, we both from same region northwest so our case should be handled by same nationality team. let see how is goes. by the im from lancashire

Eskar

Post by Eskar » Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:42 pm

Spartec, it is not fact it just rational explanation from my local council information. i contacted with them 12 Feb, i was told they only received approval for 30 Nov to 5 Jan which mean it took more than a month who applied 5 Jan. how come they havent receved approval for not even a single applicant applied after 5th Jan where people got the their approval applied in 18/19 Jan by 3/4 Feb. and besides why should she will tell me to get an idea about my waiting time from her information.
Spartac wrote:Eskar wrote: but your council might have also influence on that because if council receive 1000 approval one week they wont be able to alocate ceremony for them.

A busy council can delay your ceremony but thats all after you have received approval. But the approval letter you get and the certificates sent to the council by the HO are not impacted by how busy they are.

Eskar

Post by Eskar » Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:56 pm

just made a call to HO still under consderation no decision has been made.