ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 (general) question.

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ydasari
Newly Registered

Tier 1 (general) question.

Post by ydasari » Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:30 pm

Hi

I am currently in US and applying for Tier 1 (general). Since I have a wife and child, I was thinking of applying for Tier 1 for myself and then sponsoring dependant visa for Wife and Child later.

I would like to know if I can do that. Or applying for whole family is better. Me and my wife work here and have a joint account. If I apply for myself with that account statement, will that cause an issue?

Also, I have applied online for the biometric and mentioned that my family will travel with me. Can I change that selection to "NO" meaning that they will not travel with me? Urgent request. Any suggestion will be helpful.

Thanks

dima
Member of Standing

Re: Tier 1 (general) question.

Post by dima » Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:51 pm

ydasari wrote:Hi

I am currently in US and applying for Tier 1 (general). Since I have a wife and child, I was thinking of applying for Tier 1 for myself and then sponsoring dependant visa for Wife and Child later.

I would like to know if I can do that. Or applying for whole family is better. Me and my wife work here and have a joint account. If I apply for myself with that account statement, will that cause an issue?

Also, I have applied online for the biometric and mentioned that my family will travel with me. Can I change that selection to "NO" meaning that they will not travel with me? Urgent request. Any suggestion will be helpful.

Thanks
yes, You can apply for yourself first, later you can apply for your family.

I guess, the biometrics the answer should be " yes" as you would bring your fam to the UK in the laterstge.
just wait for other comments!!

rajmisra
Newly Registered

Post by rajmisra » Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:12 am

Is there any advantage, like, if he applies his dependents at a later stage, will he pay less or he has to pay GBP 675 even after he has come inside UK?

dima
Member of Standing

Post by dima » Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:28 am

rajmisra wrote:Is there any advantage, like, if he applies his dependents at a later stage, will he pay less or he has to pay GBP 675 even after he has come inside UK?
He has to pay the same. :) No advantage in that!!
However, applying beforehand may be very subjective as per applicants' circumstances for maint funds,fee etc.
:)

rajmisra
Newly Registered

Post by rajmisra » Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:39 am

You are right, it is subjective.