ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Different last name on Passport and Employer/Bank documents

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

muhandis.ak

Post by muhandis.ak » Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:25 am

Hi All,

My name on my Passport & Degree certificates is "Sreekala Sreedharan" while my Employment & Bank documents have "Sreekala Nair" on them.

I've seen other queries which have variations of the above issue, but in all of them there is more than just the first name common among the two.

What extra documents will I need to attach with my application?

Thanks in advance,

Kala

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:36 am

Are the different names before and after marraige names or Parents n hubby names? it is not clear..

But if you are in india,

you should be able to get an Affidavit from the local lawyer showing the originals;

pls find affidavit format searched on this forum.. change it as per your situation..
[quote="courtsey-chetan"]
AFFIDAVIT

I, <your name> S/o. Mr. <father's name> age 29 years residing at <address> holder of Indian Passport No. <Passport No> issued from <Issue Place>, India on <issue date> hereby make oath and state as follow:

1. I have recently changed my Surname/Last name from <old_name/surname> to <new name/surname>. My passport contains my new surname i.e. <new surname>. Since I have changed it recently, all my academic certificates reflects my old surname i.e. <old name/surname>.

My name in passport appears as “<new name>â€

muhandis.ak

Post by muhandis.ak » Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:05 pm

Thanks for the quick revert Ramesh.

The thing is that 'Sreekala Nair' is my professional name (hence in my employer letters/payslips & bank statements), Nair being my family surname which I started using when I started working. So there's no specific reason to mention for change of last name from 'Sreedharan' (father's name) to 'Nair'.

Do you think that could be a problem even if I provide a notarised affidavit? Would you advise me to include employer & bank letters saying that both names represent the same person?

Appreciate your help.

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:21 pm

Notarized Affadavit should do the needful.. apart from this u can attach letters from ur bank n employer.. if u have..

abhayk
Newly Registered

Post by abhayk » Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:08 pm

I had a similar query. My wife's name in the passport is Mxxx Axxx Kxxx where the middle name is my first name Axxx. The marriage certificate has her name as Mxxx Kxxxx. As my wife is already in the UK with me as a dependant of Work Permit holder, I would like to know whether it is required to send the marriage certificate. To further complicate matters, in my passport her name is mentioned Mxxx Kxxx.

As I did not face any problems at time of getting the work permit, I would like to know whether I am likely to face a problem when I apply for Tier 1 (General). Would a simple statement from me or my wife that Mxxx Axxx Kxxx and Mxxx Kxxx are one and the same person would suffice? If not what other document will I need to provide (given that we are already in the UK)alongwith my application?