ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Marriage Certificate not available

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nonie
Newly Registered

Marriage Certificate not available

Post by nonie » Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:06 am

Hi...

My country of residence is US and I am making my Tier-1 General application from the US. I recently got married (last week) in India and moved back to US immediately. I am applying only for myself right now and not for my wife. However, if I am married and even if my wife is not accompanying me, I am required to submit a marriage certificate. But since I am back in the US, obtaining a marriage certificate is impossible. I have already deposited my fee and am required to send my supporting documents within the next 2 weeks. Please suggest what should be done as I am in no position to send a marriage certificate.

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Re: Marriage Certificate not available

Post by tvn_ramesh » Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:07 am

nonie wrote:Hi...

My country of residence is US and I am making my Tier-1 General application from the US. I recently got married (last week) in India and moved back to US immediately. I am applying only for myself right now and not for my wife. However, if I am married and even if my wife is not accompanying me, I am required to submit a marriage certificate. But since I am back in the US, obtaining a marriage certificate is impossible. I have already deposited my fee and am required to send my supporting documents within the next 2 weeks. Please suggest what should be done as I am in no position to send a marriage certificate.
At this point of time when you are applying for yourselves you do not require to submit ur marriage certificate;

But keep the process of getting ur marriage certificate so that when you got ur visa and planning to apply for ur wife u have the marriage certificate ready..

nonie
Newly Registered

Re: Marriage Certificate not available

Post by nonie » Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:31 pm

Thanks for your reply... I was myself thinking that I should not be required to submit the marriage certificate if applying for myself. But when I downloaded the checklist (on the last page of this link - http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/resources/en/ ... 03073/vaf9), it clearly says that unless you are single, you need to submit a marriage certificate. This really confused me. Please suggest if my understanding is wrong.
tvn_ramesh wrote:
nonie wrote:Hi...

At this point of time when you are applying for yourselves you do not require to submit ur marriage certificate;

But keep the process of getting ur marriage certificate so that when you got ur visa and planning to apply for ur wife u have the marriage certificate ready..

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:46 pm

If i reply to the Q i will answer the same.. so better wait for others to reply it.. in the mean time do a search for ppl in the same situations wat they have done.

sivaprasad_ece

Post by sivaprasad_ece » Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:04 pm

Hi

I have applied recently just for my self without the marriage cirtificate.
and i specifically asked the VFS staff while submitting.
They say it is not mandatory since i was applying alone but good to have one.

Regards,
Siva

nonie
Newly Registered

Post by nonie » Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:14 pm

Cool... thanks Siva... This certainly helps... :)
sivaprasad_ece wrote:Hi

I have applied recently just for my self without the marriage cirtificate.
and i specifically asked the VFS staff while submitting.
They say it is not mandatory since i was applying alone but good to have one.

Regards,
Siva

T1_Mainframe

Post by T1_Mainframe » Fri Feb 19, 2010 7:31 pm

Not required!!