ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

absences > 90 days, Birmingham PEO success

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

srm
Newly Registered

absences > 90 days, Birmingham PEO success

Post by srm » Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:30 pm

Hi All,

I would like to Thanks everyone for their contribution on this website and particularly in chetanojha,cholde60,Romby,coolwater267

I had applied for in-person at Croydon and Birmingham PEO and want to share my experience.

My case had following issues

• Absence of 154 days at a stretch. Was not paid in UK during that time
• Total absence of around 270+ days, other were paid leave and had pay slips for it

I had completed 5 years on WP in last july. I was aware that I need to have letter from my employer for my absence. My company does not promote people taking PR/ILR. It took 3 months for me to get the letter from my HR (and it was not in the format which I requested). After getting the letter I contacted many solicitors (and wasted around 200 GBP). All of them told me I don’t stand a chance of getting it and it’s of no use applying for it. Some said they see all the chances of my application being refused. Some said that they can make an postal application on my behalf and they would charge 1000GBP.

I thought if there is no chance and if it’s postal then I could apply it myself. (till this time I never knew about this site, I thought only solicitor can help me and I think I never googled)

And in January my luck just took a U turn and came to know about this website. J J

I read some posts and came to know that even I can apply through in person at PEO even if I have absence of greater than 90 days. I started looking for the appts and got an appointment on my first try, but got individual appt rather than family appt. ( I should have read as many post before looking for appts)
I again tried 2 days later and then I got for Croydon. I booked the advance tickets for Croydon. I was not aware that in Croydon I have to pay first and then go to case worker. Since I had booked my tickets I went to Croydon (along with my family, i was not aware dependents are not required to travel). At ground floor the person who reviewed my application form told me that I stand 50-50 chance of getting the ILR. I said may be I’ll go back and don’t want to apply.

I came back and again started looking for appointments for non-croydon. Again lucky and got appt for Birmingham PEO for 16th

I left for Birmingham on 15th and stayed at hotel.

I reached the PEO in morning at 8:30, there was one more couple before me and the office was not yet open. I had my appt at 9:45
After some time they opened and there was a simple security check (nothing as compared to Croydon)
I was issued a token. I thought I would have to wait till 9:45 before being called.
But luckily I was called at 8:50 and went to the caseworker (it was based on the token number sequence).

She asked me for the application form which I handed it to her.
She did some checks and then went to absences section. She said it is greater than 90 days and do I have employer document to support it. I provided her the employer letter which I had. She asked whether I was with the same employer for last 5 yrs I said Yes. She also noted that I had continuous work permit and there was never a break.
She said it should be fine but she still needs to check with her manager. She then asked me about Life-in-uk test documents. She made some check on the system and told me I got one mark more then what my wife got ï

nax_72

Post by nax_72 » Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:16 pm

congratulations

gvamsimba

Re: absences > 90 days, Birmingham PEO success

Post by gvamsimba » Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:03 pm

[quote="srm"]Hi All,

I would like to Thanks everyone for their contribution on this website and particularly in chetanojha,cholde60,Romby,coolwater267

I had applied for in-person at Croydon and Birmingham PEO and want to share my experience.

My case had following issues

• Absence of 154 days at a stretch. Was not paid in UK during that time
• Total absence of around 270+ days, other were paid leave and had pay slips for it

I had completed 5 years on WP in last july. I was aware that I need to have letter from my employer for my absence. My company does not promote people taking PR/ILR. It took 3 months for me to get the letter from my HR (and it was not in the format which I requested). After getting the letter I contacted many solicitors (and wasted around 200 GBP). All of them told me I don’t stand a chance of getting it and it’s of no use applying for it. Some said they see all the chances of my application being refused. Some said that they can make an postal application on my behalf and they would charge 1000GBP.

I thought if there is no chance and if it’s postal then I could apply it myself. (till this time I never knew about this site, I thought only solicitor can help me and I think I never googled)

And in January my luck just took a U turn and came to know about this website. J J

I read some posts and came to know that even I can apply through in person at PEO even if I have absence of greater than 90 days. I started looking for the appts and got an appointment on my first try, but got individual appt rather than family appt. ( I should have read as many post before looking for appts)
I again tried 2 days later and then I got for Croydon. I booked the advance tickets for Croydon. I was not aware that in Croydon I have to pay first and then go to case worker. Since I had booked my tickets I went to Croydon (along with my family, i was not aware dependents are not required to travel). At ground floor the person who reviewed my application form told me that I stand 50-50 chance of getting the ILR. I said may be I’ll go back and don’t want to apply.

I came back and again started looking for appointments for non-croydon. Again lucky and got appt for Birmingham PEO for 16th

I left for Birmingham on 15th and stayed at hotel.

I reached the PEO in morning at 8:30, there was one more couple before me and the office was not yet open. I had my appt at 9:45
After some time they opened and there was a simple security check (nothing as compared to Croydon)
I was issued a token. I thought I would have to wait till 9:45 before being called.
But luckily I was called at 8:50 and went to the caseworker (it was based on the token number sequence).

She asked me for the application form which I handed it to her.
She did some checks and then went to absences section. She said it is greater than 90 days and do I have employer document to support it. I provided her the employer letter which I had. She asked whether I was with the same employer for last 5 yrs I said Yes. She also noted that I had continuous work permit and there was never a break.
She said it should be fine but she still needs to check with her manager. She then asked me about Life-in-uk test documents. She made some check on the system and told me I got one mark more then what my wife got ï

pkumar
Member of Standing

Re: absences > 90 days, Birmingham PEO success

Post by pkumar » Fri Feb 19, 2010 7:05 pm

All,

Just a word of Causion .... mis-representation in writting is offence. let me tell you where i m going.

Usually people who come to UK are on DEPUTATION ... and there base is in india (hence they get base salary in india).

It only takes one investigation from UKBA and all the cases will be scrutanized ... and remember company is in danger as well .... Case worker ask for letter because they have written proof and you are be help accountable even after 20 years ..... please don't mis-interpret me or i have no intention of discouraging .... but remember it can be life long tension if you know u have submited false letter .....

AGAIN: This is only for people who come here on deputation from india ... Just a word of causion ... there is a reason why solicitors feel it is not possible to get.

Romby
Newly Registered

Post by Romby » Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:56 pm

congrats srm..

pkumar: I don't think there has been any mis representation. Even if people come on deputation, they come on valid work permits. In all work permits they mention the salary also. Employees do get salary slips.

I don't know more than this. :cry:

coolwater267

Post by coolwater267 » Sat Feb 20, 2010 4:50 pm

Congrats man.