ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

When did they change points awarded for previous earnings?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Leo2010
Newly Registered

When did they change points awarded for previous earnings?

Post by Leo2010 » Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:19 pm

In 2008 I remember I was looking into the skilled immigrant visa to the UK but the points awarded for previous earnings were different. When did they change them?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: When did they change points awarded for previous earning

Post by geriatrix » Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:52 pm

Leo2010 wrote:In 2008 I remember I was looking into the skilled immigrant visa to the UK but the points awarded for previous earnings were different. When did they change them?
:? While you were away! Do you expect someone to remember the date?

The question is how does "when" affect you since you haven't applied for skilled immigrant visa as yet??

regards

Leo2010
Newly Registered

Re: When did they change points awarded for previous earning

Post by Leo2010 » Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:19 pm

Good point. Well, in 2008 I was disappointed that I didn't qualify for the skilled visa but a couple of months ago I visited the site again and calculated my points and was pleasantly surprised to learn that I do qualify based on my salary and education. So i'm just curious as to when the rules have actually changed, that's all.

sushdmehta wrote:
Leo2010 wrote:In 2008 I remember I was looking into the skilled immigrant visa to the UK but the points awarded for previous earnings were different. When did they change them?
:? While you were away! Do you expect someone to remember the date?

The question is how does "when" affect you since you haven't applied for skilled immigrant visa as yet??

regards

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:41 pm

So, its good for you that they changed!

This said, the query itself was irrelevant. Please avoid posting irrelevant queries because they are not only a waste of time for person posting it but also for people who you wish a response from.

regards