ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

domestic servant visa documents please help urgent....

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sodhikavita
Newly Registered

domestic servant visa documents please help urgent....

Post by sodhikavita » Mon Nov 30, 2009 2:18 pm

Hi, Can anyone please help. My situation is as follows:

Me and my husband are living in UK for past 5 years (both ILR). We have a son (3 years old and UK citizen). For past 2 years my son has been living in India at my in-laws house. In those 2 years he has been here in uk for about 4 months and we have been in india for about 2 months. We have a maid that we have employed in india who is 18 years old and has been looking after our son for past 14 months.
We have the following documents in place:
1. A contract written up in india between myself and the worker detailing her job duties, pay and conditions whilst she is employed in india. this document was signed upon start of employement and has been witnessed by two people and registered in courts.

2. Receipts of cash payments made to the maid for past 14 months (again signed by the maid and by my father in law stating its on behalf of me and my husband, these receipts are witnessed as well).

3. we WILL provide with a conditional contract of employement for servant (upon receipt of visa) stating her new pay and conditions and duties for when she comes to UK.

Please can anyone let me know if we have a chance of securing a visa for the maid with the documents given above. Our son starts school soon and I work rotating shifts (nights/days) and my husband works from 4 am in the morning and we have real childcare issues as no nanny wants to baby sit at 4 am in the morning.

Alternatively if you know of any good solicitor wo specializes in domestic servant visa then please let me know (however i have a feeling they won't be much help until the appeals stage if we do not succeed at the first attempt).

Any help would be gratefully accepted

gagangandhi
Newly Registered

Post by gagangandhi » Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:19 am

I think you have quite a strong case and all documents required to prove the domestic worker has been working for you for more than a year etc.

Looking at the date of the posting, I am guessing you would have already applied for the Visa by now and might even have got the result - so were you successful?