ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Payment did not go through

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

npar77
Newly Registered

Payment did not go through

Post by npar77 » Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:03 pm

Hi all,

I applied for ILR based on 10 yr long residence on 28.12.2009. Acknowledgement letter received on 4.1.2010. Payment was made by credit card (barclaycard). Spoke with Barclaycard on 6.1.2010, they said Home office was trying to take payment on 5.1.10 but they did not authorise transaction for security reasons as I have not used credit card recently. They thought it might have been a fraudulent transaction and decided to decline it.

My application is not valid now. I have been waiting since then for HO to return application but still no luck. Luckily my current visa expires on 28.4.2010. But I am very worried why they are taking such a long time to return application.

I would like to know the time frame for HO to return invalid application. Also, if I withdraw the application, how long do they take to return it or can it be collected at Croydon.

I would be grateful if someone can help please- I would welcome any suggestions - Many Thanks

vikramaditya
Newly Registered

Contact the Home Office

Post by vikramaditya » Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:41 pm

If I was in your position, assuming your application was okay in all other respects, I would contact Home Office in-country teams urgently and ask them to try the payment again (after informing your bank and ensuring the payment is not declined again). It may be possible that they could simply try again, take your payment due and then move on to processing. These things do happen and to have to start all over again seems a bit extreme.

npar77
Newly Registered

Post by npar77 » Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:47 pm

Thanks for your response. I tried to contact home office but they have not been helpful at all. I called the 0870 number. You mentioned about the Home office in country team. Do you have their number? Thanks

dajumper

Post by dajumper » Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:42 pm

i hate it when banks do that. One time i had a an important transaction to make but they declined it without my verification. You'd think the prodecure was for them to atleast make a courtesy call to you advising of such transactions should they be suspicious.

Oh how unfortunate. I hope you hear back soon and the problem rectified asap.

batp1
Newly Registered

Post by batp1 » Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:36 pm

how about writing to HO, quoting yr reference number and explaining the circumstances, then request them to try again to draw the money from yr account.
You can phone and ask them for the address where to post the letter as HO has so many team centres!
make sure that you send the letter by special delivery as there will be evidence of receipt of your correspondence (delivery reference number). You may after a couple of days follow up this with a telephone call. May be!!! it can help.