ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Are printouts of electronic salary slips accepted?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Leo2010
Newly Registered

Are printouts of electronic salary slips accepted?

Post by Leo2010 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:24 pm

My employer has stopped issuing paper salary slips last month. Now employees can view their salary slips on the company's intranet and print them out. Will these printouts still be acceptable as supporting documents when applying for a Tier 1 visa?

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Re: Are printouts of electronic salary slips accepted?

Post by aruni4470 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:30 pm

Leo2010 wrote:My employer has stopped issuing paper salary slips last month. Now employees can view their salary slips on the company's intranet and print them out. Will these printouts still be acceptable as supporting documents when applying for a Tier 1 visa?
Get them stamped and signed to be on the safer side.

i) Payslips: These should be either formal payslips or on company headed paper. Where formal payslips are produced on plain paper they must be stamped and signed by the employer. Payslips which are not on headed paper or the applicant receives all pay slips online, he/she must authenticate the evidence by asking the employer to sign and stamp a printout. If the applicant provides payslips, they must cover the whole period claimed (for example, if payslips are produced monthly, the applicant must provide the payslip for each month of the period claimed).

Leo2010
Newly Registered

Re: Are printouts of electronic salary slips accepted?

Post by Leo2010 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:37 pm

Thanks, Aruni
aruni4470 wrote:
Leo2010 wrote:My employer has stopped issuing paper salary slips last month. Now employees can view their salary slips on the company's intranet and print them out. Will these printouts still be acceptable as supporting documents when applying for a Tier 1 visa?
Get them stamped and signed to be on the safer side.

i) Payslips: These should be either formal payslips or on company headed paper. Where formal payslips are produced on plain paper they must be stamped and signed by the employer. Payslips which are not on headed paper or the applicant receives all pay slips online, he/she must authenticate the evidence by asking the employer to sign and stamp a printout. If the applicant provides payslips, they must cover the whole period claimed (for example, if payslips are produced monthly, the applicant must provide the payslip for each month of the period claimed).

Saga

Post by Saga » Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:08 pm

1) Can I submit a combination of original and print-out (of the missing one) of my payslips?

2) Who needs to sign the payslip? HR or personal manager (person mentioned in the employer contact section)

Thanks !

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:05 pm

Saga wrote:1) Can I submit a combination of original and print-out (of the missing one) of my payslips?

- Yes you can submit them.. just mention the same in cover letter for clear understanding of the CW so that he doesnt mis understand

2) Who needs to sign the payslip? HR or personal manager (person mentioned in the employer contact section)

- HR is the ideal person to do that

Thanks !

Saga

Post by Saga » Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:26 pm

the applicant receives all pay slips online, he/she must authenticate the evidence by asking the employer to sign and stamp a printout.
What sort of stamp is evidence proof ? Is it the company name ?

My payslip was stamped but it was only for signature and name of the person signing. Does it require a separate company stamp too ?

Many Thanks !

vks

Post by vks » Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:49 pm

Saga wrote:
the applicant receives all pay slips online, he/she must authenticate the evidence by asking the employer to sign and stamp a printout.
What sort of stamp is evidence proof ? Is it the company name ?

Ask the company HR and they would have their official stamp.

My payslip was stamped but it was only for signature and name of the person signing. Does it require a separate company stamp too ?

Yes. The company must have an official stamp. If not, get an employee letter, which is accepted as another form of evidence. (You should refer the Tier 1 general guidance for that)

Many Thanks !
Regards,
vks

Saga

Post by Saga » Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:03 pm

Yes. The company must have an official stamp.
I asked the HR and the only stamp they have is the basically their address with which they have stamped it now. Should that suffice?

The HR person said that it should be ok with the HO. Does anyone know of any trouble from HO because of such issues ?

Many Thanks !

sivaprasad_ece

Post by sivaprasad_ece » Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:23 am

If the stamp includes company name with the address along with board number i think should be fine.

Saga

Post by Saga » Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:16 pm

If the stamp includes company name with the address along with board number i think should be fine.
Thanks for your response sivaprasad_ece.

Sorry but what is board number ?

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:40 pm

Sorry but what is board number ?
I think he is referring to the telephone number

cadence
Newly Registered

Post by cadence » Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:04 pm

I'm also in this position. I work for the Department for Children School and Families and our pay system changed last november, meaning no more old style paper pay slips. HR said that a print out would be acceptable (for example banks accept them for mortgages) but I don't know about the Home OFfice. We don't actually have an HR team on site any more- it's all been centralised to some call centre somewhere, so getting anything stamped is going to be impossible I think. Can anyone advise?