ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Home office letter requesting for further documents for EEA2

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:44 am

jjoell23 wrote:Dear benifa,

Do you mean I was not lawfully while I was on my working holiday visa? Could you please quote the reference to define lawful five years? So to qualify for indefinite stay in UK I have to wait another five years?
You said:
jjoell23 wrote:We get married in March, 2007 in Sweden.

In March, 2009 my wife moved here in UK and since we are living together here.
Therefore, you were lawfully resident in the UK with the EEA national of whom you are a family member since March 2009. You will acquire the right of Permanent Residence in the UK in March 2014. Note that this is conditional on the EEA national exercising a Treaty right between March 2009 and March 2014.

This is in accordance with the The Immigration (European Economic Area) Regulations 2006 which is the UK's transposition of EU Directive 2004/38/EC.
I am no longer posting publicly on this website - PM me if needed.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:26 pm

benifa, I agree, when switching from the UK immigration route to the EU route the time-clock effectively got set back to zero. So ILR .... never .... PR on the EU route .... March 2014.

Which means that UK Naturalisation at earliest March 2015 ..... and even that will depend upon the legislation in force at the time. But as that might be two General Elections away, who knows which party might be in Government, or its legislation.
John

jjoell23

Post by jjoell23 » Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:00 am

Thanks John.