ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

calling HomeOffice, is it bad??

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

webhunter
Member of Standing

calling HomeOffice, is it bad??

Post by webhunter » Fri Jan 20, 2006 4:22 pm

I submitted my application on Dec 30 and still have'nt received a ref number. So I called up Home Office. They asked to check if the credit card was deducted and then later give them a call.

Since I am using an agent, I called up the agent and informed the same. The agent was really upset and suggested that I should never call up Home Office to find anything about the case as that may cause trouble to the case.

Is it true that we should'nt call Home Office to find case status, if yes, then why is everyone calling Home Office to find something or the other about the case.

Thanks.

MWazir
Diamond Member

Post by MWazir » Fri Jan 20, 2006 4:27 pm

Since I am using an agent, I called up the agent and informed the same. The agent was really upset and suggested that I should never call up Home Office to find anything about the case as that may cause trouble to the case.

Is it true that we should'nt call Home Office to find case status, if yes, then why is everyone calling Home Office to find something or the other about the case
There is nothing wrong with contacting the home office directly. Most people submit applications on their own accord and directly contact to Home office for various reasons for example to ensure that the application has been recieved, or to find out if the application is under process, or to submit an urgrent treatment request, or even to discuss their review case.

No idea why your agent is upset. Perhaps he fears you will find out just how straight forward the application process was. Since they have taken the money and the responsibility to get your application processed, perhaps they feel more secure always being in the middle between you and the HO. In anycase the HO if for whatever reason needs to contact you, it will be your agent they will contact.

Jackpot_Ser
Newly Registered

Post by Jackpot_Ser » Mon Jan 23, 2006 6:57 am

Hi Webhunter,

I think you should call them and ask neither they got your post or not, cause my caseworker told me that I forgot to write down my residential address and my profession on application form, this should be why I got my reference number so late. I called Home Office on Friday and learned that they sent me the result and my original documents on Wednesday(19 jan), so crossed my fingers and hope for the best... :roll:

webhunter
Member of Standing

Post by webhunter » Mon Jan 30, 2006 11:05 am

I called home office last Monday and they said it has been assigned to a case worker. Also it has been 4 weeks since I submitted the application.

Is it a good idea that I call Home Office again(the 2nd time) to find the status. Or is it a good idea that I still wait.

MWazir
Diamond Member

Post by MWazir » Mon Jan 30, 2006 11:24 am

Is it a good idea that I call Home Office again(the 2nd time) to find the status. Or is it a good idea that I still wait.
No harm in asking