ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation & Claiming Unemployment benefit.

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

cell36
Newly Registered

Naturalisation & Claiming Unemployment benefit.

Post by cell36 » Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:04 pm

For Anyone Who Might be In The Same Situation as I was:
=====================================
Applied March 2006. Got my Approval letter in Feb 2010.
Claimed Unemloyment Benefit for 3 months in Jan 2008.
Had 2 penalty points for speeding and one fixed charge for handling mobile while driving.
Had been working full time since Jan 2001 till now (except 3 months in 2008 when I lost my job) I was told by Social & welfare officer that applying for unemployment benefit would have no impact on my citizenship application, which turned out to be absolutely true.. Thankgod.

Some solicitors really scared me by telling me that the application would be REFUSED because of the benefit I claimed and this caused an immense Stress and Depression to me for 3 to 4 months before I got the approval letter. SO THE POINT IS that as long as you have a GOOD contribution in the country and have only availed of PRSI based unemployment benefit or other PRSI based beenfits for a short time and have NO court convictions etc, then 99.999999% you should have NO PROBLEM getting the approval. BUT best to avoid if possible ONLY because mentally you can go mad if a CRUEL SOLICITOR (who only wants your money) scares you while even the REVENUE department says that PRSI benefits will not impact your application.

Also, Minister specifies that he is generally satisfied if NO STATE SUPPORT has been availed of during the 3 year period prior to the date of application. try to keep at-least the 3 year period clean.

Also please keep your eyes on statements released from the Minister on questions asked by local TDs on this site. Below is a link where the "3 year period " statement is mentioned... FYI only.
http://www.kildarestreet.com/wrans/?id= ... #g1952.0.r

Hope this helps. Best of luck to all who are waiting and that they inshaAllah get it soon . :) [/b]

IrishTom
BANNED

Re: Naturalisation & Claiming Unemployment benefit.

Post by IrishTom » Sun Feb 21, 2010 12:12 pm

cell36 wrote:inshaAllah[/b]
:lol:

Pakhtoon
- thin ice -

Post by Pakhtoon » Sun Feb 21, 2010 4:56 pm

IrishTom wrote:
that means 'if God wanted' :wink:
“Terrorism is the war of the poor; war is the terrorism of the rich.â€

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Sun Feb 21, 2010 5:41 pm

Pakhtoon wrote:
IrishTom wrote:
I think "God willing" is the more commonly used translation.

IrishTom, what's with the laughter at that?
I am no longer posting publicly on this website - PM me if needed.

Pakhtoon
- thin ice -

Post by Pakhtoon » Sun Feb 21, 2010 5:54 pm

Ben wrote:
Pakhtoon wrote:
IrishTom wrote:
I think "God willing" is the more commonly used translation.

IrishTom, what's with the laughter at that?
Yes thats right. Thanks for correction :P
“Terrorism is the war of the poor; war is the terrorism of the rich.â€

IrishTom
BANNED

Post by IrishTom » Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:00 am

Irelands full. You were issued with a work permit, your work has dried up. You were not issued with residency.

Deport, like America, Oz and every other nation that has an immigration policy worth speaking of.

Slan leat agus go raibh maith agat.

Safe home.

homingpigeon
Newly Registered

Post by homingpigeon » Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:11 am

Yeah it should be great when the Americans do the same for all the " Illegal Irish " in the States. Its easy to play that game. :D

walrusgumble
BANNED

Post by walrusgumble » Sun Feb 28, 2010 8:26 pm

cell36 wrote:For Anyone Who Might be In The Same Situation as I was:
Had 2 penalty points for speeding and one fixed charge for handling mobile while driving.
Had been working full time since Jan 2001 till now (except 3 months in 2008 when I lost my job) I was told by Social & welfare officer that applying for unemployment benefit would have no impact on my citizenship application, which turned out to be absolutely true.. Thankgod.

Some solicitors really scared me by telling me that the application would be REFUSED because of the benefit I claimed and this caused an immense Stress and Depression to me for 3 to 4 months before I got the approval letter. SO THE POINT IS that as long as you have a GOOD contribution in the country and have only availed of PRSI based unemployment benefit or other PRSI based beenfits for a short time and have NO court convictions etc, then 99.999999% you should have NO PROBLEM getting the approval. BUT best to avoid if possible ONLY because mentally you can go mad if a CRUEL SOLICITOR (who only wants your money) scares you while even the REVENUE department says that PRSI benefits will not impact your application.

Also, Minister specifies that he is generally satisfied if NO STATE SUPPORT has been availed of during the 3 year period prior to the date of application. try to keep at-least the 3 year period clean.

Also please keep your eyes on statements released from the Minister on questions asked by local TDs on this site. Below is a link where the "3 year period " statement is mentioned... FYI only.

Hope this helps. Best of luck to all who are waiting and that they inshaAllah get it soon . :) [/b]
Look, a solicitor is there to tell you what you need to know and not what you would like to hear. He / she would have formed that view after seeing other cases like yours go south. they are nnot there to make you feel comforable and tuck you into a false sense of security. fortunately for you they were wrong and you had a very good record

secondly, you were lucky because, ALL/MOST OF THE CRAPPY THINGS HAPPENED AFTER THE APPLICATION WAS PUT IN! ie after March 2006. In fairness you should not have been penalised for 3 months social where it was of no fault of your own and you managed to get work again quickly.

Try and use your senses for one second, what money or additional money (on top of work already done) could possibly be got from you , bar consultation fee when (a) the application was already made and presumeably done by you (b) at time a seeing a solicitor, no decision had been made, thus nothing for him or her to do?

With regard to the minister policy, yes its three years. that has been repeated several times on this site. You met the criteria when you made the application (ie crime free and no social for last 3 years) It might have been a diferent story if these crappy things happened in 2005

well done all the same.

cell36
Newly Registered

Post by cell36 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:35 pm

@ walrusgumble - thanks. I agree with you. But I did speak to a few and majority of them straight away said that there was nothing to worry about.

So just take advise from multiple solicitors before forming an opinion. :)

walrusgumble
BANNED

Post by walrusgumble » Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:46 pm

cell36 wrote:For Anyone Who Might be In The Same Situation as I was:

samw with anything