ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Biometric again

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

dost halepoto

Biometric again

Post by dost halepoto » Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:33 am

My friend had biometric last year when he applied for extension of student visa and he recieved ID card. This year when he applied for further extension HO told him to come for biometric again.
Is is necessary to have biometric every time or just one time, please inform.
Thank you

ElenaW
Diamond Member

Re: Biometric again

Post by ElenaW » Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:51 pm

dost halepoto wrote:My friend had biometric last year when he applied for extension of student visa and he recieved ID card. This year when he applied for further extension HO told him to come for biometric again.
Thank you
If HO said he/she needs to repeat the biometrics procedure I would think that it's mandatory that the applicant needs to have them done again.
I tell it like it is.

bongaye
Newly Registered

Re: Biometric again

Post by bongaye » Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:15 pm

i also have the same experience. i did my biometrics in jan 2009 and was asked to do it again this jan 2010.when i asked them they said it is to show iam the same person.i also had my id.
ElenaW wrote:
dost halepoto wrote:My friend had biometric last year when he applied for extension of student visa and he recieved ID card. This year when he applied for further extension HO told him to come for biometric again.
Thank you
If HO said he/she needs to repeat the biometrics procedure I would think that it's mandatory that the applicant needs to have them done again.