ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

TIMELINE AFTER NATURALISATION APPLICATION SUBMISSION

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

safwan

Post by safwan » Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:23 am

approval letter received today dated 16/02/2010

London102

Post by London102 » Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:28 am

Wow wow wow ............... Approvals after approvals, seems a good day today.

Congratulations folks who have heard the good news.

Regards,

Eskar

Post by Eskar » Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:33 am

wow lot of good news today. congratulations everyone :) :)

thats left me and london 102 alone :x

Eskar

Post by Eskar » Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:33 am

London whats your nationality.
London102 wrote:Wow wow wow ............... Approvals after approvals, seems a good day today.

Regards,

London102

Post by London102 » Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:36 am

Pakistani ....:)

Eskar wrote:London whats your nationality.
London102 wrote:Wow wow wow ............... Approvals after approvals, seems a good day today.

Regards,

Eskar

Post by Eskar » Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:38 am

alhamdulillah Safwan you precios waiting end finally congratualtiion and good luck to rest of the trip. by the way when did u call home office last time and what was the resposnse.
safwan wrote:approval letter received today dated 16/02/2010

Eskar

Post by Eskar » Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:41 am

im bangladeshi u might read it before. its getting my nurve now . average time line 36 days, it is already 31 days. so you know how it is feeling. specially when people get their approval by 3 weeks. yesterday i was told it is still under consideration.
London102 wrote:Pakistani ....:)

Eskar wrote:London whats your nationality.

Regards,

London102

Post by London102 » Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:57 am

Most people who applied between 16th and 26th of Feb have received their approvals. A few have been really quick and others have taken the regular average duration.

I have completed 25 days today. Since last week I am hearing the same story that the case is awaiting allocation. However, looking at Spartec's timeline I noticed that he called on a Wednesday and learnt that the case was still under consideration and then didn't call until Monday and thats when he heard that his case had been concluded.

So I am hoping perhaps next week could bring some news for me. I pray for you Eskar as well.

Cheers,

[quote="Eskar"]im bangladeshi u might read it before. its getting my nurve now . average time line 36 days, it is already 31 days. so you know how it is feeling. specially when people get their approval by 3 weeks. yesterday i was told it is still under consideration.

Eskar

Post by Eskar » Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:41 pm

by the way how many time u call since last week as you said you hearing the same news . but if im not wrong you just cal twice.

London102 wrote:Most people who applied between 16th and 26th of Feb have received their approvals. A few have been really quick and others have taken the regular average duration.

I have completed 25 days today. Since last week I am hearing the same story that the case is awaiting allocation. However, looking at Spartec's timeline I noticed that he called on a Wednesday and learnt that the case was still under consideration and then didn't call until Monday and thats when he heard that his case had been concluded.

So I am hoping perhaps next week could bring some news for me. I pray for you Eskar as well.

Cheers,
Eskar wrote:im bangladeshi u might read it before. its getting my nurve now . average time line 36 days, it is already 31 days. so you know how it is feeling. specially when people get their approval by 3 weeks. yesterday i was told it is still under consideration.
Last edited by Eskar on Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cane

Post by Cane » Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:42 pm

Final Update:

NCS or Postal : NCS Southwark
Date of submission or posting : 29/12/09
Date recieved by HO: 30/12/09
CRITERIA: 1+3+3 and backdated ILR
Date of debit of Card : 13/1/10 (adjusted to reflect card statement)

Date receipt of acknowledgement : 16/01/10 (dated 13/01/10)
Date of approval : 31/1/10
Date of receipt of approval : 8/2/10
Date of citizenship Ceremony : 5/2/10 (private; council alerted me day before)

Date of passport application : 5/2/10
Method used : Check and Send
Date for passport Interview: 17/2/10
Date of Receipt of Passport: 20/2/10

London102

Post by London102 » Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:53 pm

Well, I reported only twice. But in actual, I have been calling them daily. I am of extremely impatient nature.....8)

Eskar wrote:by the way how many time u call since last week as you said you hearing the same news . but if im not wrong you just cal twice.

London102 wrote:Most people who applied between 16th and 26th of Feb have received their approvals. A few have been really quick and others have taken the regular average duration.

Cheers,
Eskar wrote:im bangladeshi u might read it before. its getting my nurve now . average time line 36 days, it is already 31 days. so you know how it is feeling. specially when people get their approval by 3 weeks. yesterday i was told it is still under consideration.

Spartac

Post by Spartac » Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:10 pm

[quote="London102"] I have completed 25 days today. Since last week I am hearing the same story that the case is awaiting allocation. However, looking at Spartec's timeline I noticed that he called on a Wednesday and learnt that the case was still under consideration and then didn't call until Monday and thats when he heard that his case had been concluded.

Hi London102,

My letter is dated 13-02 and I was told on either 10/02 or 11/02 that it is still under initial checks and yet to be allocated to a caseworker. So once it gets to a caseworker its very, very quick.

I still believe if you are from Pakistan it takes a bit longer for background checks, as in my case. My application was filed along with my wife and 6 year old son, very straightforward - as my NCS told me, just one speeding ticket 2 years ago and two chartered accountants as referees. No defaults, CCJs or any deviations from the norm, but it took a bit longer.

I'd be very interested to know the nationalities of mohamedmourad and safwan as they HO took longer than normal with them.

Don't follow the 36 days average, allow around 40 days.

Good luck and regards - Spartac

Eskar

Post by Eskar » Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:15 pm

count me in your league.

London102 wrote:Well, I reported only twice. But in actual, I have been calling them daily. I am of extremely impatient nature.....8)

Eskar wrote:by the way how many time u call since last week as you said you hearing the same news . but if im not wrong you just cal twice.

Cheers,

Eskar

Post by Eskar » Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:21 pm

spartec for me my case is also very simple infact if i appplied 2 years ago i could apply as under 18, minor applicant. still 31 days past. dnt bother check 2days post as guy told me yesterday it is still unconsideration.
Spartac wrote:
London102 wrote: I have completed 25 days today. Since last week I am hearing the same story that the case is awaiting allocation. However, looking at Spartec's timeline I noticed that he called on a Wednesday and learnt that the case was still under consideration and then didn't call until Monday and thats when he heard that his case had been concluded.

Hi London102,

My letter is dated 13-02 and I was told on either 10/02 or 11/02 that it is still under initial checks and yet to be allocated to a caseworker. So once it gets to a caseworker its very, very quick.

I still believe if you are from Pakistan it takes a bit longer for background checks, as in my case. My application was filed along with my wife and 6 year old son, very straightforward - as my NCS told me, just one speeding ticket 2 years ago and two chartered accountants as referees. No defaults, CCJs or any deviations from the norm, but it took a bit longer.

I'd be very interested to know the nationalities of mohamedmourad and safwan as they HO took longer than normal with them.

Don't follow the 36 days average, allow around 40 days.

Good luck and regards - Spartac

Eskar

Post by Eskar » Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:37 pm

LOL u calld almost everyday ...i thought i impatient but seems like im not alone. i wanna call everyday but call 3 times as their response is not good always besides i heard it is not good to call very often from murad which is not true i suppose by any point of view.
London102 wrote:Well, I reported only twice. But in actual, I have been calling them daily. I am of extremely impatient nature.....8)

Cheers,

London102

Post by London102 » Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:00 pm

Hi Spartac & Eskar,

Mine is an straightforward case too. Seven years altogether in the country, professional category, spouse and one child, paying taxes throughout, no CCJ or defaults, no speeding tickets , own house and no deviation from the norm as spartac said.

Nevertheless, I would say that its not the nationality of the applicant that triggers extra scrutiny and eventually causes delay in processing, its the specific information on the application form and workload of the specific team handling the case.

I have seen a few posts around mid Dec. 2009 timeframe by Eagleeye starting discussion on the effects of applicants nationality on the processing time. A few senior members commented and negated the hypothesis.

Regards,

joelondon
Member of Standing

Post by joelondon » Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:57 pm

Son of the King wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thank God i've received my approval letter today.

Applied via NCS: Lewisham
Date of submission or posting : 15/12/09
Date received @HO: 16/12/09
CRITERIA : Permanent Resident (EEA4) + 2 years
Date of debit of debit/credit card : 22/12/09
Date of receipt of acknowledgement : 29/12/09 (dated 22/12/09)

Letter sent by HO on 13/01/10 requesting a tax or NI payment confirmation letter as i've initialy submitted less than 5 P60s. This has caused a 3 weeks delay.

Date of receipt of approval : 19/02/10 (dated 10/02/10)
Date of citizenship Ceremony : Pending
Date of passport application : Pending
Method used : Pending
Date for passport Interview: Pending
Date of Receipt of Passport: Pending

congratulation mate ...all the best for your passport application and interview ...

can i ask you a question ??? why did they ask you for the tax letter or nI contribution ??? what documents did you send with your application ??? as i'm a PR holder ..and about to apply soon ...please advice ...

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Sun Feb 21, 2010 4:48 pm

Spartac wrote:Eskar wrote: but your council might have also influence on that because if council receive 1000 approval one week they wont be able to alocate ceremony for them.

A busy council can delay your ceremony but thats all after you have received approval. But the approval letter you get and the certificates sent to the council by the HO are not impacted by how busy they are.
I think Eskar's information is correct. ie your local citizenship office may have an effect on how quickly your approval is granted. Basically you have 3 months to attend your ceremony after receiving approval so in the case of councils where they have a large number of successful candidates and subsequently pple are having to wait close to 3 months to get to a ceremony date. it is probably in these cases that the UKBA might delay issuing your approval until such a time that you dont risk running out of time for your approval. you could say this is a good example of UKBA working well. of course it would help if your council offers more ceremonies.

Eskar you could contact your local council and try to find out what is the current waiting time for a ceremony.

Son of the King
Newly Registered

Post by Son of the King » Sun Feb 21, 2010 5:17 pm

[quote="joelondon"][quote="Son of the King"]:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thank God i've received my approval letter today.

Applied via NCS: Lewisham
Date of submission or posting : 15/12/09
Date received @HO: 16/12/09
CRITERIA : Permanent Resident (EEA4) + 2 years
Date of debit of debit/credit card : 22/12/09
Date of receipt of acknowledgement : 29/12/09 (dated 22/12/09)

Letter sent by HO on 13/01/10 requesting a tax or NI payment confirmation letter as i've initialy submitted less than 5 P60s. This has caused a 3 weeks delay.

Date of receipt of approval : 19/02/10 (dated 10/02/10)
Date of citizenship Ceremony : Pending
Date of passport application : Pending
Method used : Pending
Date for passport Interview: Pending
Date of Receipt of Passport: Pending[/quote]

congratulation mate ...all the best for your passport application and interview ...

can i ask you a question ??? why did they ask you for the tax letter or nI contribution ??? what documents did you send with your application ??? as i'm a PR holder ..and about to apply soon ...please advice ...[/quote]

Hi Joelondon,

Thank you very much!!

I've only sent 2 P60s and an employer's letter with my application, reason being that all the other P60s got lost.

You have nothing to worry about if you have all your five P60s. If not, make sure you get a letter from HM revenue and customs confirming tax payment in the UK for 5 years before you apply. This is to avoid any delay to your application.

I wish you the best of luck and also to all those that are still waiting for approval.

Son of the King

mohamedmourad

Post by mohamedmourad » Sun Feb 21, 2010 8:34 pm

Congratulations safwan الحمد للة

eskar you will be next in sha allah

safwan

Post by safwan » Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:46 pm

thanks mohamedmurad

and good luck to Escar

London102

Post by London102 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:26 am

Buddy, you forgetting me ! ':('

Remember me in your prayers too.
mohamedmourad wrote:Congratulations safwan الحمد للة

chzishan

Post by chzishan » Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:32 am

Hi All

Does any one get approval applied on 28/01/2010

chzishan

Spartac

Post by Spartac » Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:22 pm

Update...

Application : 12/01/2010 (NCS - Hatfield)
Criteria : HSMP JR (2 Adults + 1 Child)
Date of debit of debit/credit card : 18/01/2010
Date of receipt of acknowledgement : 21/01/2010 (Dated 18/01/2010)
Date of receipt of approval : 20/02/2010 (Dated 13/02/2010 Saturday)
Date of citizenship Ceremony : 26/02/2010 Booked in Luton (They sent it to Luton instead of Hatfield as I had requested on my application)

Regards - Spartac

Eskar

Post by Eskar » Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:03 pm

London102 LOL, by the way did u call 2day any response. this citizenship is killing me and disturbing my study. cant really concentrate much i guess im not good at multiprogramming. i should have apply in summer.
London102 wrote:Buddy, you forgetting me ! ':('

Remember me in your prayers too.
mohamedmourad wrote:Congratulations safwan الحمد للة