ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA 4 & 3 - SELF-SUFFICIENCY- SUCCESS

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

cityboy
Newly Registered

EEA 4 & 3 - SELF-SUFFICIENCY- SUCCESS

Post by cityboy » Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:46 pm

We just received our PR Cards today.
Applied 29 July received COA dated 14 Aug
Was contacted in Dec for more documents including our Comprehensive Health insurance .
PR card issued 25 Jan 09 and we received it today.
I almost lost hope based on what I read on this forum regarding self-sufficiency applications.
I wish to thank all  the people that assisted me, most importantly  GURU OBIE  for all his advice and private messages to me. 
I will be pleased to entertain any questions from any member of this forum who wishes to know anything regarding my application process.

basel_jaber
Newly Registered

Re: EEA 4 & 3 - SELF-SUFFICIENCY- SUCCESS

Post by basel_jaber » Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:18 am

cityboy wrote:We just received our PR Cards today.
Applied 29 July received COA dated 14 Aug
Was contacted in Dec for more documents including our Comprehensive Health insurance .
PR card issued 25 Jan 09 and we received it today.
I almost lost hope based on what I read on this forum regarding self-sufficiency applications.
I wish to thank all  the people that assisted me, most importantly  GURU OBIE  for all his advice and private messages to me. 
I will be pleased to entertain any questions from any member of this forum who wishes to know anything regarding my application process.
congrats. what heakth insurance did you get? was it an international one or one from UK? did it cover emergencies and pre-existing conditions?

thanks

cityboy
Newly Registered

Post by cityboy » Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:30 pm

I provided a health insurance card and certificate from Germany for both of us covering the entire period. Honestly I do not know if it covers emergencies or not.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:35 am

Excellent stuff. Best wishes for the future
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

newJoiner
Newly Registered

A few questions...

Post by newJoiner » Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:36 pm

Hi and congrats on the approval!

I am an Austrian citizen, my husband is non-EU. We moved to the UK a month ago, he is working and I'm not (expecting a baby any day now)
We will have to apply for EEA2 for him in the coming month. I will obviously go for self sufficiency. I would very much appreciate if you could contribute from your own experience:
1. What documents exactly did you provide?
2. Do I have to get health insurance for my partner as well? I assumed since he is working and paying taxes there shouldn't be any problem with him relaying on NHS
3. Did you claim any benefits during the processing period? I am expecting a baby and might want to apply for child benefits - Will that affect our chances?

Thanks very much for your help!!!

86ti
Diamond Member

Re: A few questions...

Post by 86ti » Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:02 pm

newJoiner wrote:2. Do I have to get health insurance for my partner as well? I assumed since he is working and paying taxes there shouldn't be any problem with him relaying on NHS
As ridiculous as it may sound but unfortunately, yes. Same for the baby.

cityboy
Newly Registered

Post by cityboy » Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:03 pm

Dear New Joiner,
Your Husband cannot depend on NHS as long as you are self-sufficient, even if He works 100 hrs a week and pays taxes.
The EEA member is the sponsor and matters to them. The health insurance should cover both of you.
I do not think child benefit means any harm but we never claimed for our son anyway. :idea:

Richir2909
Newly Registered

Post by Richir2909 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:42 am

Hey Cityboy, Congrats on the good news. I got my PR too in similar circumstances although I applied in April 2009.

anwarj
Newly Registered

not self sufficiency - do I need comprehensive health ins

Post by anwarj » Tue Mar 16, 2010 2:44 pm

Hi, appreciate some advice

I am non eea and my wife is eea. She excercised her treaty rights (working class) for 5 plus years here in the UK. We've been here for almost 7 years now. Ive just applied for my EEA4. At the moment though, she is not working - taking care of our twins.

We both had full health insurance from our employers while she was working but we are both just on the NHS at the moment. Will the HO ask us for comprehensive health insurance given that we are applying on the basis that my EEA wife fulfilled her 5 years treaty rights in the working class but is not working now?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.