ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Study after ILR

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Developer

Study after ILR

Post by Developer » Mon Jan 23, 2006 1:54 pm

guys,

what happens if a person studies (in UK only) after ILR? Does her time frame for citizenship changes? Or PR/ILR status itself changes.

Considering the person has got HSMP earlier.

THX,

slor
Newly Registered

Study is great!

Post by slor » Mon Jan 23, 2006 1:58 pm

Study is fantastic after ILR because you can claim the same fees and conditions as a UK resident, even compete on an equal basis for scholarships (e.g. PhD studentships)

Developer

Post by Developer » Mon Jan 23, 2006 2:00 pm

I guess, that is available to citizen only... and I don't think fees is going to be different for MBA.

thx anyway

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Mon Jan 23, 2006 2:19 pm

Developer, basically Slor is quite right ... but study the detail!

You might be very pleased to download this document and have a read. In particular read "Category 1". It looks like you might qualify for Home fees.
John

Developer

Post by Developer » Mon Jan 23, 2006 4:02 pm

THanks john,

The document is very helpful. Although, a doubt still remains, after I enrol for education after ILR, how long will I have to wait for citigenship.

In normal case, if I continue working, I can apply for it after a yr.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Mon Jan 23, 2006 4:21 pm

You switching from working to studying after getting your ILR will have absolutely no impact upon when you can apply for Naturalisation as British.

If you are not married to a British Citizen then your main constraints will be the need to have had ILR for at least one year, and to have physically been in the UK exactly five years before IND receive the application. You will be aware that there are other rules, but what is the earliest date you will pass the above-mentioned?
John