ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

When to apply? Travel restrictions?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

culcbs
Newly Registered

When to apply? Travel restrictions?

Post by culcbs » Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:34 am

Hi guys,

Quick question. I know i can apply for Tier 1 or Tier 2 before the current leave expires.

Are there any travel restrictions that you know of by any chance?

I.e. my visa expires 1 Aug, and I intend to travel on 15 July out of UK, coming back on 19 July.

Any potential problems with this?

Your help would be greatly appreciated
Thanks

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:48 am

This is what the UKVisas.gov.uk says..
What is the latest date that I can arrive in the UK with my visa?
The expiry date shown on the visa is the latest date on which you can arrive in the UK, but remember that this is also the last day on which you are permitted to stay in the UK.
But if you are currently working with some organization. it is a good idea to get a letter from them saying u are going on some leave on xxx and come back on yyy and will join the join.. which if the immigration officer asks you can show..

culcbs
Newly Registered

Post by culcbs » Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:44 pm

i've heard you can apply before your leave expires, that's what UKBA says as well,

at the same time, isn't it right that your current visa gets an automatic extension (if it is expired) when you are awaiting decision on your visa?

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:50 pm

at the same time, isn't it right that your current visa gets an automatic extension (if it is expired) when you are awaiting decision on your visa?
The immigration status remains the same until a decision is made on your application.

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:51 pm

Pls dont jump questions mate.. go step by step..
culcbs wrote:i've heard you can apply before your leave expires, that's what UKBA says as well,
As per UKBA you can apply 28days before your current visa expires.. there are many applicants who applied 3-4months before their current visa expiry date
Put your question clearly and properly so that the readers understand it easily rather than mis-understand it..