ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa procedure Under HSMP

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Dino_123

Spouse Visa procedure Under HSMP

Post by Dino_123 » Wed May 12, 2004 11:16 am

Dear friends

I had applied for HSMP and my reg No is 126**
My case has been finalised and decision letter may be despatched in 1-2 days , how much time does it take normally for decision letter to come to india .

Hopeing positively i am expecting that i may get approval .

Secondly my main question is

What is the procedure for aplying for visa for spouse under HSMP.
I was bachelor at the time of applying .
Does she need to apply and wait till she gets clearence from HSMP team .

Does a partner getting Visa under HSMP implies that spouse will automatically get a visa .

Hope to recive your response
Dino

aa
Newly Registered

Post by aa » Thu May 13, 2004 10:16 pm

She has to apply visa as your dependant either together with you or after your visa. She can also work in UK. But you need to talk to the HSMP team about this issue. I haven't heard of such issue before and also you can ask Embassy in your country of residence. I guess, she can also apply for visa and you have to supply marriage documents (translated into English along with original copy and certificate of the Notary that s/he is bone-fied).

(In HSMP if one claims points against spouse in that case he needs to supply marriage documents alongwith other proof that they have been living together at the same address, which is not your case).

Square

Post by Square » Fri May 14, 2004 7:34 pm

Dino,

Regarding your newly wed spouse, I believe it all comes back to documentantion and preparation. Marriage certificate,joint bank account statements etc should be OK.

Applicant's circumstances are subject to change as their HSMP application is being processed...IMHO I don't think this should worry/concern you at all.

Kaya, Chess etc may offer more advice in this regard.

timefactor
Member of Standing

Post by timefactor » Sat May 15, 2004 12:23 pm

If dino can prove that he is having a good bank balance (convertible to £s), Solid job offer EC officer might issue visa to spouse also.

But personally, i know some of my friends (HSMP) who tried to get EC for their dependents declined by EC.

IMHO, initially dino can enter into UK and look for jobs, and once he gets settled, EC for dependents will be in smooth track.

Dino: did u got your approval letter?

Good luck dino

TF

kuog
Newly Registered

Post by kuog » Wed May 26, 2004 5:27 am

hi
In my view for EC the most important thing is the countrywhere you are applying for EC. Different countries have different criteria.

Normally Spouse gets a dependant visa if HSMP applicant has sufficient funds to show with proof beyond doubt. and the proof depends on the nationality and country you are currently living.

The main thing is common sense to see that there is no recourse to public funds.