ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA3/EEA4 Additional documents?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

vadimvin

EEA3/EEA4 Additional documents?

Post by vadimvin » Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:05 pm

Hi All!

I am preparing mine and my wife application (she is EU citizen) for the permanent stay for the next month.
Reading through forum about some strange letters the HO request for additional documents to prove continues stay in the UK, relationships, etc?
Who received those letters and has an experience can you please advice what they are looking for, might be I can include this in the application b4 they ask ï

Ben
Diamond Member

Re: EEA3/EEA4 Additional documents?

Post by Ben » Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:28 pm

vadimvin wrote:Another question is - 30 days before end of qualifying 5 y. period is a good time to post the application for permanent stay?
It is. And to be correct, it's an application for a Permanent Residence Card that you will be submitting, despite what it says on the form (application for a Permanent Residence Certificate, in the case of the EEA national).

Evidence of lawful residence in the UK for the last five years in accordance with the Directive is required, together with proof of identity and relationship.
I am no longer posting publicly on this website - PM me if needed.

vadimvin

Post by vadimvin » Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:32 pm

benifa wrote:
vadimvin wrote:Another question is - 30 days before end of qualifying 5 y. period is a good time to post the application for permanent stay?
It is. And to be correct, it's an application for a Permanent Residence Card that you will be submitting, despite what it says on the form (application for a Permanent Residence Certificate, in the case of the EEA national).

Evidence of lawful residence in the UK for the last five years in accordance with the Directive is required, together with proof of identity and relationship.
Thank you Benifa!
Evidence of lawful residence in the UK - my bills would be enough or shall i request for the letters from employers, accountants, etc..?

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:35 pm

vadimvin wrote:Evidence of lawful residence in the UK - my bills would be enough or shall i request for the letters from employers, accountants, etc..?
Your bills should be enough to prove residence. What Treaty right has your wife been exercising for the past five years?

vadimvin

Post by vadimvin » Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:39 pm

benifa wrote:
vadimvin wrote:Evidence of lawful residence in the UK - my bills would be enough or shall i request for the letters from employers, accountants, etc..?
Your bills should be enough to prove residence. What Treaty right has your wife been exercising for the past five years?
Thank you.
From the beginning she was working for 2 year, studying 3 months full time during her work, after she was a student for a year or more, self-employed and now again working full time. All mixed up.

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:42 pm

vadimvin wrote:Thank you.
From the beginning she was working for 2 year, studying 3 months full time during her work, after she was a student for a year or more, self-employed and now again working full time. All mixed up.
The UKBA may be entitled to request evidence of comprehensive sickness insurance cover for the both of you, to cover the period when your wife was a student only (no employment).

vadimvin

Post by vadimvin » Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:46 pm

benifa wrote:
vadimvin wrote:Thank you.
The UKBA may be entitled to request evidence of comprehensive sickness insurance cover for the both of you, to cover the period when your wife was a student only (no employment).
It is quite strange, as far as I understood from the form, they require this insurance in case if she was not doing anything but was self sufficient.
What is going to happen in case if they request and we do not have such insurance?

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:49 pm

vadimvin wrote:What is going to happen in case if they request and we do not have such insurance?
I'm honestly not sure. Perhaps they will say that you weren't lawfully resident for that period, so your five years of lawful residence starts only from when your wife resumed employment / self-employed (and technically they'd be correct).

Wait for someone else to come on to clarify that though.

vadimvin

Post by vadimvin » Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:02 pm

benifa wrote:
vadimvin wrote:What is going to happen in case if they request and we do not have such insurance?
I'm honestly not sure. Perhaps they will say that you weren't lawfully resident for that period, so your five years of lawful residence starts only from when your wife resumed employment / self-employed (and technically they'd be correct).

Wait for someone else to come on to clarify that though.
Ok, lets see what others think.

This is from their web site:

Permanent residence

After you have lived in the UK for a continuous period of five years, you can apply for confirmation of your permanent residence. You will need to have been in employment, self-employment, studying or self-sufficient in the UK throughout the five-year period..

And from the form:

For time spent as a student, letter(s) from school(s)/college(s) or university(ies) confirming details of course(s), and evidence
of funds eg. bank statements or similar documentary evidence.

For time spent as an economically self-sufficient person, a bank statement or similar documentary evidence showing
funds available to your family member, or a document confirming your family member’s employment, and evidence of comprehensive
sickness insurance for you and your family members.

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:06 pm

vadimvin wrote:This is from their web site:

For time spent as a student, letter(s) from school(s)/college(s) or university(ies) confirming details of course(s), and evidence
Ok well they've omitted that evidence of comprehensive sickness insurance cover for the both of you is required for when the EEA national is a student, while adding that evidence of funds is required - it isn't.

vadimvin

Post by vadimvin » Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:16 pm

benifa wrote:

Ok well they've omitted that evidence of comprehensive sickness insurance cover for the both of you is required for when the EEA national is a student, while adding that evidence of funds is required - it isn't.
Sorry, what do you mean?

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:21 pm

vadimvin wrote:
benifa wrote:

Sorry, what do you mean?
Sorry, I wasn't clear.

What I mean is, students who are not working are required to hold comprehensive sickness insurance cover for themselves and their family members. The UKBA haven't mentioned this.

They have, however, mentioned that evidence of funds is required for students - it isn't.

vadimvin

Post by vadimvin » Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:48 am

benifa wrote:
vadimvin wrote:
benifa wrote:

Sorry, what do you mean?
Sorry, I wasn't clear.

What I mean is, students who are not working are required to hold comprehensive sickness insurance cover for themselves and their family members. The UKBA haven't mentioned this.

They have, however, mentioned that evidence of funds is required for students - it isn't.
Ok benifa,
thank you for the information.
seems there is nobody with such experience on this forum :-)
How we suppose to understand what is required and what is not required as it is not clear from the information provided on the official resourses.

kamatt222
Newly Registered

Post by kamatt222 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:05 pm

de
Last edited by kamatt222 on Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

vadimvin

Post by vadimvin » Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:10 pm

I am on the same boat...did you find out the answer? I know it does not ask for comprehensive medical insurance on the form.
I have spoken with the solicitor, she told me it is not necessary but interesting thing: she told me we can get our insurance now for future and Home office will accept this.I do not know how it is going to be connected to the previous years, but will have a meeting with her tmrw. Which documents are you going to submit?
Good luck!

kamatt222
Newly Registered

Post by kamatt222 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:17 pm

de
Last edited by kamatt222 on Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Brown212

Extended family member

Post by Brown212 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:51 pm

Could any one pls explain to me if sibling extended family member in the same household also need to meet the lawful residence criteria for the application to be successful.
Thanks.

monikamroz
Newly Registered

eea 3

Post by monikamroz » Sat Sep 11, 2010 3:13 pm

i came to uk on 2 sep 2005 and sine 4 sept 2005 have been working full time untill 14 august 2008. then after few week i claimed job seeker allowance until may 2009 (30 week of pregnancy job center stppped my JSA) 13 JULY i delicered baby. and didnt work or claimed benefits(for that period of 1 yaer i have on my name privete medical insurance_but not comprhansive). in MAY 2010 i made new insurance this time comprhensive and since 17 may im self employed.
will all this allow me to apply for EEA3?
does period of claiming Income Based JSA will count to this 5 years?
and will bank statements and prove of med. insurance for period of unemploymewnt will be enought to prove i was self sufficient?

Guerro
Member of Standing

Post by Guerro » Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:40 pm

How much roughly is comprehensive sickness insurance for one or two persons?

monikamroz
Newly Registered

Post by monikamroz » Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:20 am

Guerro wrote:How much roughly is comprehensive sickness insurance for one or two persons?
im paying 58£ monthy with PruHealth for me and my baby girl.

Guerro
Member of Standing

Post by Guerro » Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:59 am

monikamroz wrote:
Guerro wrote:How much roughly is comprehensive sickness insurance for one or two persons?
im paying 58£ monthy with PruHealth for me and my baby girl.
Thanks for your reply

bumpe
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by bumpe » Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:13 pm

How did this case and up?