ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travelling on passport

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mirnat

Travelling on passport

Post by mirnat » Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:54 pm

I am aware that if you use NCS when submitting a naturalisation application that they will hand back your passport on the same day. I hope this is true and on the basis that it is, is it possible to travel using that passport whilst waiting for the outcome of a naturalisation application? I have read that the Home Office may request to see the passport to check it's authenticity but I was wanting to go on holiday for 2 weeks after submitting my naturalisation application, do you think I will be able to do this or is it better to wait until I come back from holiday to submit my application for naturalisation?

Alternatively, my holiday is planned for June. I am eligible to apply for naturalisation at the end of March. How long do they take to make a decision? It is possible they will reach a decision before my holiday?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Backer
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by Backer » Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:02 pm

The NCS just photocopy your passport and hand back to you the original during the appointment. You need to remain in the country for the next 5 days or so because the law or regulations state that you need to be in the country when your application actually reaches the home office.

After that, you are free to travel so your question about the holiday is not relevant. Even if they will need your passport to check authenticity (a procesure I personally never heard of) I'm sure a 2 week holiday will leave you sufficiant time to respond and send it to them.