ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Family visit unsure of rules

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

k4iser
BANNED

Family visit unsure of rules

Post by k4iser » Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:36 pm

hello, i wanted to know that the person who is providing accommodation and financing my trip to the uk and who i will be staying with. does he have to be a "Family Member" as defined by uk border agency.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:11 pm

If applying for "family visitor" EC, then yes the sponsor must be from the list as defined by UKBA.

If applying for "visitor" visa, the sponsor can be anyone who can provide the relevant documentation to prove that he will be responsible for the applicant's stay and maintenance while the applicant is in the UK.

regards

immigrationuk2009
BANNED

Re: Family visit unsure of rules

Post by immigrationuk2009 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:46 pm

Hi
k4iser wrote:hello, i wanted to know that the person who is providing accommodation and financing my trip to the uk and who i will be staying with. does he have to be a "Family Member" as defined by uk border agency.
for family visit visa yes sponsor should be family member.
Remember there is a right of appeal against family visit visa.

But for general visit visa sponsor can be anybody and you would fill form VAF1A General.

There is no right of appeal against general visit visa.

If I remembered you query correctly you have difficult in proving that you are general visitor and you would return at end of your visa.

UK_Banned_Member
Please always seek legal advise from OSIC consultant or immigration solicitor.These are my personal views gain through experience or study.

UK_Banned_Member