ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PSW application invalid due to photograph

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

carlos02
Newly Registered
Pakistan

PSW application invalid due to photograph

Post by carlos02 » Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:08 am

my psw application is rendered invalid due to photographs which were apparently outdated.

i received my documents today along with a letter by home office which states that i 'should make a fresh application without any delay as this could affect appeal rights and/or status in the united kingdom if the application is subsequently refused'

there is no furthur information provided in the letter regarding how many days i have to apply, is it necessary to leave the country and then apply.

my previous visa has already expired on 31 jan 2010.

in these circumstances, is it necessary to leave the country in order to make a fresh application?
Please share your ideas.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: PSW application invalid due to photograph

Post by geriatrix » Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:20 am

carlos02 wrote:make a fresh application without any delay
Means you can apply from within UK ... but at the earliest. My personal suggestion - do it within the next 2-3 days.

You are being given a second chance, inspite of your mistake. Not everyone is that lucky.

Clearly mention that you're making a new application as per advice of UKBA. Include copy of the letter that you've received with the new application.

regards

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:19 pm

photogaphs outdated???

Did you send SAME photos that you used for earlier student visa, (the same pics which were in your visa sticker/id card?)

Otherwise, how would they know that your photos are outdated

I am confused....

carlos02
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by carlos02 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:34 am

@ARSENAL

yeah.. these were indeed the same pictures as on one of my earlier visas.

i have sent a fresh application today along with a covering letter explaining every thing. lets hope for best. fingers xd.

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:57 am

consider yourself very lucky carlos.. Hopefully you will get ur visa very soon now...

Have you submitted application fees as well (another 500 pound) . hope u will let us know. The reason i ask is, will they be fast-tracking your app. or its just the same time-consuming process all over again.

Good luck

alambiomedeng
Newly Registered

i had same problem

Post by alambiomedeng » Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:40 am

i had same problem but i made an out of date application with a covering letter. I got my passport back after 9 days with visa. Hope all of you will be fine. Apply as soon as possible.

carlos02
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by carlos02 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:49 am

the letter accompanied with my received documents instructed me to make a fresh application along with fees, so i had to pay the fees(£500) again. it is a heavy blow to my finances atm.

lets see how long it takes them to process my application this time.

carlos02
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by carlos02 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:52 am

just received my visa today. nd another good news, i got my application fees back from my first application.

application sent on 22/02/10
documents received 19/03 dated 11/03

thanks everyone for ur support and advice.

carlos02
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by carlos02 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:54 am

another question... my first visa expired on 31/01/10 and my new visa starts from 11/03. is the period between considered as an overstay???

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 4:23 pm

its overstay for couple of days when your orig app was returned and new app was submitted.

write these dates down as you will need to mention it everytime you make a visa application. keeep the proofs handy e.g letter from caseworker etc. to clarify the matter why you overstayed.

you wont be punished for this overstay though as UKBA knew about it and they gave you psw knowing that you technically overstayed for couple of days

regards