ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Fiance visa - Proof of correspondence

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Redder
Newly Registered

Fiance visa - Proof of correspondence

Post by Redder » Tue Jan 24, 2006 9:01 am

Hi,
A little reminder, my British fiancee and I (non-british, living abroad) are planning to get married this year and hence I am applying for a fiance visa in a matter of a couple of months now.
I heard recently a new buzz word [Proof of correspondence]. Something that one needs to prove that a frequent correspondence between the two parties has been taking place throughout the overseas relationship.

In our case, over the past two years (ever since we first met), We've met in UK 4 times, my home country once, & in between the two thrice. Not to mention that by the time i apply to the visa we will meet in england again for one more time. Got stamps on my passport of all the above, and we only have travel slips and boarding passes for the trips we made in the last year only.
I can also show that ever since we met every single day i had off work i spent it with her.

Not to mention, we got a handful of pictures of all the times we met. (none are "digitally signed", whatever that means)
And a couple of greeting and holiday cards, some posted some handed by hand.

I also got confirmation and e-receipts of gifts i sent my baby.

On the other hand, Letters are very few and emails are almost rare, reason for that is when we are away from each other we chat online every night.

Phone calls: Well i do call everynow and then, except my phone bills arent in english ofcourse, i need to translate those, dont i?. Problem is, I got phone bills of calls made to my baby over the past two years, and alone those measure up into a pile, should i be translating them all?
She on the other hand calls and txts me from her prepaid phone in the UK, so no bills are produced.

So in summary, from a legal side of things with respect to the fiance visa requirements. Is that enough?

Thanx in advance

Chedz
Newly Registered

Post by Chedz » Tue Jan 24, 2006 2:19 pm

Hey Redder,

I replied to your PM but then spotted this post afterwards. Don't worry about translating phone bills, surely numbers are numbers anyway. I wouldn't include all the bills if they are an inch thick, just a representative sample (but take all of them with you just in case the ECO asks for more evidence). Its sounds to me that you have bucket loads of evidence of the length and depth of your relationship, but I'm no expert as we haven't got our fiance visa yet (next month :D )

Anyway best of luck

Chedz

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Tue Jan 24, 2006 2:48 pm

"Proof of correspondence"? Personally I have not heard that expression before and in any case think that "Evidence of contact" is much better!

I agree with Chedz, you seem to have lots of evidence of contact. Quite enough IMHO to show to the ECO who will deal with your application that yours will not be a "marriage of convenience" (after the marriage!).
from a legal side of things with respect to the fiance visa requirements. Is that enough?
Don't overlook the other tests ... financial and accommodation!
John