ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help!!can I apply psw again in the UK after I withdraw it?

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

qqqqqq
Newly Registered

Help!!can I apply psw again in the UK after I withdraw it?

Post by qqqqqq » Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:33 am

Hi all

My student visa is going to expire on 28/02/10. I post my PSW visa application on last Friday and then I found I make a huge mistake. I send the payment by cash instead of postal order. Also, I got a job offer and am waiting for my Visa to start working. So, getting PSW visa is very urgent to me.

I rang HO on monday, they said if something like this happens, they'll send everything back to me, which might take more than one week. That means my student visa would be expired and I have to leave the UK to apply in my home country. Therefore, I decided to withdraw my application and tried my best to make HO mark it urgent.

One important question, can I apply for PSW visa again in the UK after I withdraw it? Or do I have to apply it in my own country?

If someone knows anything or has similar experience, pls let me know. Many thanks!!

ayaz.ilyas
Newly Registered

Post by ayaz.ilyas » Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:16 am

If you can post your Visa application on 27/2/10 from UK than its fine otherwise go to your home country on 27/2/10 and apply from there but u need 2800 Pounds in your accounts for three months.

qqqqqq
Newly Registered

Post by qqqqqq » Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:24 am

Thank you very much!

HO told me they've marked it as urgent. I might get it back within few days, but they can only guarantee to get it back within 10 working days.

Has anyone withdraw the application before? How long does it usually take?