ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Work permit to Tier 1

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Rajuk09
Member of Standing

Work permit to Tier 1

Post by Rajuk09 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:40 pm

Dear Friends,

Appreciate all your help ,for making many people's life easy.

Have couple of questions,may be silly ,but out of confusion,

1) I am going to apply for Work permit to Tier 1 (Inside UK), I should be using same application for as tier1generalform.pdf ? (http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... alform.pdf)

- I didnt find Work permit holders in (who can apply section )

2) I dont have 2 months payslip out of 12 months duration which I want to apply for , is the letter from employer sufficient stating about the salary ? If any one have a sample letter please give the link

3) I read some where in the news section about increase in PBS visa charges , Is it going to increase from April ? any ideas ?

kind regards

Raj

yasa
Diamond Member

Re: Work permit to Tier 1

Post by yasa » Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:57 pm

Rajuk09 wrote:Dear Friends,

Appreciate all your help ,for making many people's life easy.

Have couple of questions,may be silly ,but out of confusion,

1) I am going to apply for Work permit to Tier 1 (Inside UK), I should be using same application for as tier1generalform.pdf ? (http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... alform.pdf)

Yes

- I didnt find Work permit holders in (who can apply section )

2) I dont have 2 months payslip out of 12 months duration which I want to apply for , is the letter from employer sufficient stating about the salary ? If any one have a sample letter please give the link

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=46010

3) I read some where in the news section about increase in PBS visa charges , Is it going to increase from April ? any ideas ?

I dont know about it sorry wait for some seniors to reply

kind regards

Raj
=======================
Every cloud has silver lining
=======================

Rajuk09
Member of Standing

Post by Rajuk09 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:49 pm

Hi yasa,

Thanks a lot for your response.

One more query , Does one need to go back to their own country and come back if they change their visa from Work permit to Tier 1 ?

kind regards

Raj

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:53 pm

Does one need to go back to their own country and come back if they change their visa from Work permit to Tier 1 ?
Not necessary

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:52 pm

Rajuk09 wrote:I read some where in the news section about increase in PBS visa charges , Is it going to increase from April ? any ideas ?
Yes. Charging for Immigration and Nationality Services 2010-11

regards

Rajuk09
Member of Standing

Post by Rajuk09 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:34 am

Hi aruni4470 and sushdmehta

Thanks a lot for your responses.

kind regards

Raj

Rajuk09
Member of Standing

Work permit to Tier 1

Post by Rajuk09 » Sun Feb 28, 2010 5:37 pm

Dear Friends ,

I Am planning to apply Tier 1 visa switching from Work permit.Please give your valuable suggesiont and ideas for the following queries .

1) I have misplaced 2 months payslips coming under my claiming 12 month period - So I am planing to get a letter from my employer.Do we need to get break up of the salary detils also in the letter like taxes ? or Net and Gross is sufficient ?

2) English Language - a) If my bachelor degree is listed in PBS calculator.Do I need to give any other evidence other than my degree certificate ? .It was given as (v4 -Page 55)
"• They hold a degree that was taught in English that is deemed by UK NARIC to be equivalent
to at least a United Kingdom Bachelors degree;
and
• Their qualification can be found on the points based calculator."
Are both points needed to be satisfied ? then do I need to get UK NARIC equivalent latter or certificate ? please suggest how to get one.

b) Can I show my master degree ?

3) Maintanence fund -
1) Do we need to get a letter from Bank stating that my funds didnt go below 800 pounds during last 3 months ? I am banking with HSBC and they dont give letter with seal and signature on it , is it OK without that ?
2) How many evidence do we need to show ?Just bank statement is sufficient ?

4) Bank statements - HSBC statement cycle is 26th - 25th of every month , so when I apply I wont have statement for my last month salary deposited , so I will be getting letter from the Bank , again with same situation given in query 3, that is without seal and sign , Is this OK ?

5) In Application form - Page 4 , its given as

"Dependants’ applications that are submitted at
a later date and/or applications for dependent
children who are aged 18 years or over will
incur a charge and will not be considered
without payment of the specified fee
".

So does it mean , if we apply seperately for people aged under 18 years old , we need not pay anything for dependent visa ?

6) B27 - Page 15 (Application form) - I am working as Analyst Programmer , Could you please confirm which occupation category do I come ?

7) This one is little confusing -

B10. Home Office reference number - Please tell me where can I find this number ?
B11. Give details of any current or previous worker reference number(s) under work permit arrangements - - Please tell me where can I find this number ?
D4 - Reference name on entry clearance - where can I get this please ?

-- Switching from Workpermit to Tier1 - I will be given 3 or 2 years visa ?

Thanks a lot for you help,

kind regards

Raj

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:54 pm

1. Gross and net should be fine, maybe you can add 'Date Deposited in Bank' (only if you want to). There is a format of the employer letter here. http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=46010

2. If you have masters and the PBS calculator gives you points for 'English Language Requirement' then just your masters certificate is fine.

3. If you have Original Bank statement, then you dont need a letter.

4. Order a original statement by calling the phone banking. Statements without stamp and seal are not accepted.

5. It means if you send dependant applications along with the main application, you pay reduced fee (£50) and if you send seperately you will have to pay the full fee (£465 by post/£665 in person)

6. Science and technology professionals, should be fine.

7. B10 - Can be found on any previous communication from HO
B11 - Can be found on the work permit letter I suppose.
D4 - Red number on the right hand top corner of your EC visa.
If you are not sure of these number, just leave them blank.

I think you will be given 3 yrs visa.

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:03 am

Rajuk09 wrote: 7) This one is little confusing -

B10. Home Office reference number - Please tell me where can I find this number ? - Leave it Blank
B11. Give details of any current or previous worker reference number(s) under work permit arrangements - - Please tell me where can I find this number ? - You can find this on your WP Letter under the heading Worker Reference number
D4 - Reference name on entry clearance - where can I get this please ?
- On the Top Right corner on ur current VISA - 9 digit no in RED Color
-- Switching from Workpermit to Tier1 - I will be given 3 or 2 years visa ?
- 3 Years

Thanks a lot for you help,

kind regards

Raj

Rajuk09
Member of Standing

Post by Rajuk09 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:49 am

Dear aruni4470 and tvn_ramesh

Thanks a lot for your replies.

Kind regards

Raj