ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Schengen Visa : Advice required please

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

extn.t1
Newly Registered

Schengen Visa : Advice required please

Post by extn.t1 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:40 pm

Hello,

One of the clauses of applying Schengen visa from French Embassy states :
- You are spending the same amount of time in France as in the other Schengen country(ies) and are entering France first, during the same trip

My current itenary planning seem to enter France first and exit from France although rest of my stay will not be in France.

Do you reckon any obligations while doing the same?

Cheers
extn.t1

Tim555

Re: Schengen Visa : Advice required please

Post by Tim555 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:53 am

extn.t1 wrote:Hello,

One of the clauses of applying Schengen visa from French Embassy states :
- You are spending the same amount of time in France as in the other Schengen country(ies) and are entering France first, during the same trip

My current itenary planning seem to enter France first and exit from France although rest of my stay will not be in France.

Do you reckon any obligations while doing the same?

Cheers
extn.t1
No obligation at all.

I'm getting Schengen visas from French embassy from last many years. I got almost 10 visas from them.

U feel free to enter (1st ) any of the European country wherever you like but make sure ur Schengen visa should be acceptable in that country.

I normally dont enter france as first country ( just 3 times I entered Europe through France by eurostar ).

Cheers....

Tim
Each and every one of us can make a difference. All right everyone, line up alphabetically according to your height.

stmellon

Post by stmellon » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:52 am

You should apply to the Embassy of the state in which you will spend the most time - i.e. if you're going to France for a weekend before travelling through to Spain for a fortnight, you should apply to Spain.

But no, once you have the visa there are no obligations upon you (though states take a dim view of you not entering their country at all, i.e. applying to France but never actually travelling there).

rg1
Member of Standing

Post by rg1 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:41 pm

If you get visa from country A showing travelling there between some given date, please visit that country at least once (preferably the given date range when applying for visa).

After getting Schengen visa, you are free to travel any Schengen country. But you should at least visit the issuing country once otherwise they might refuse issuing visa next time.

Tim555

Post by Tim555 » Sun Feb 28, 2010 1:25 am

rg1 wrote:If you get visa from country A showing travelling there between some given date, please visit that country at least once (preferably the given date range when applying for visa).

After getting Schengen visa, you are free to travel any Schengen country. But you should at least visit the issuing country once otherwise they might refuse issuing visa next time.
They dont refuse next time as they have concern with visa fee etc.
Each and every one of us can make a difference. All right everyone, line up alphabetically according to your height.