ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

WHM + HSMP = ILR ( Is it Possible)

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Golauk

WHM + HSMP = ILR ( Is it Possible)

Post by Golauk » Thu Jan 19, 2006 10:26 am

Dear Members

I landed in UK on Dec 2003 on Working Holiday maker visa and got HSMP in July 2005 and going for extension in coule of months.

My question is regarding ILR?? Would I be able to apply for ILR in Nov 2007 ( 19 months on WHM + 28 months on HSMP)
OR
I have to apply for ILR in June 2009 ( 47 months on HSMP).

Please guide me with your valuable comments on above scenario.

Regards

8) GolaUk 8)
God is Great!

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Thu Jan 19, 2006 11:05 am

Whilst not your exact circumstance it might be worth you reading this topic. The posting from Kayalami suggests that time on WHV does not count towards ILR, so it looks like ILR in June 2009 for you ... and even that is subject to proposed changes by the Government ... 4 years becoming 5 years from an as yet unannounced date.
John

yakov
Newly Registered

help me plz

Post by yakov » Tue Jan 24, 2006 5:21 pm

hi Golauk,
i am also on WHM visa and i want to switch my visa status on HSMP.can you plz guide me. how can i switch? i am confussed about to claiming the salary points. Please reply me. iam from pakistan and i had 4 yrs expierence after that i went to germany and there i completed my MSc. Iam in lon since 1 yr. am i eligible to claim salary points on my pakistani expierence?
cheers