ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How to obtain stamp 4

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

koded

How to obtain stamp 4

Post by koded » Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:39 pm

I will be moving to Ireland with my wife and I will like to know if I am entitled to work in Ireland at the moment we enter Ireland. Or do I have to get Stamp 4 first? And I can understand stamp 4 can only be issued if you apply for residence card pending the result. And for one to apply for residence card your eu spouse have to be exercising her Eu treaty right.
Thanks for your responses!

Darkhorse

Re: How to obtain stamp 4

Post by Darkhorse » Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:27 am

koded wrote:I will be moving to Ireland with my wife and I will like to know if I am entitled to work in Ireland at the moment we enter Ireland. Or do I have to get Stamp 4 first? And I can understand stamp 4 can only be issued if you apply for residence card pending the result. And for one to apply for residence card your eu spouse have to be exercising her Eu treaty right.
Thanks for your responses!
It will depend on what status you have been granted when you enter Ireland. You only allow to work if you have been authorized to do so. Eg you have worked permit or stamp 4.

koded

Post by koded » Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:59 am

this is exactly where the problem is or the accept I dont understand. I have 6 months D visa on accompanying or join spouse of EU. So I don't really know what my status is in this regard.
so any suggestion or explanation will be highly appreciated.

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:34 am

Darkhorse wrote:You only allow to work if you have been authorized to do so. Eg you have worked permit or stamp 4.
This is not true.

If you are the family member of an EEA national, with whom you are entering Ireland, you can work immediately and without condition, for up to three months as long as you reside with the EEA national in Ireland.

After three months, your EEA national family member must either be working, self-employed, engaged in a course of study or economically self-sufficient.
I am no longer posting publicly on this website - PM me if needed.

koded

Post by koded » Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:33 pm

If you are the family member of an EEA national, with whom you are entering Ireland, you can work immediately and without condition, for up to three months as long as you reside with the EEA national in Ireland.

After three months, your EEA national family member must either be working, self-employed, engaged in a course of study or economically self-sufficient.
this is the case of other EU countries but I dont know about Ireland since they tend to deter in some EU Laws.
In sweden you are allowed to work immediately without any preconditions.
Thanks

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:38 pm

koded wrote:this is the case of other EU countries but I dont know about Ireland since they tend to deter in some EU Laws.
Directive 2004/38/EC applies to Ireland too.

roddy1984

Post by roddy1984 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:56 pm

Hi.I had exactly same satiation like you in October 2009.When you will come to Ireland, on airport they will stamp your passport for one month and ask you to send all documents to EU treaty rights section,Department of justice to apply for 4EUFAM STAMP.If they wont need any extra documents, then they will send you documents back and a Letter for temporary STAMP4 for 6 months which will allow you to involve in any kind of employment.In 6 month time they will send their decision about your case.You have to fill EU1 FORM to apply for 4EUFAM STAMP.And all the documents you required to support your application are on this website
http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/WP08000033
Best of Luck..

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:06 pm

roddy1984 wrote:temporary STAMP4 for 6 months which will allow you to involve in any kind of employment.
Not a prerequisite of being entitled to engage in employment in Ireland. This right exists and derives from the relationship with an EEA national who is resident in Ireland in accordance with the provisions of the Directive.

kabuki
United States of America

Post by kabuki » Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:53 pm

Ben wrote:
roddy1984 wrote:temporary STAMP4 for 6 months which will allow you to involve in any kind of employment.
Not a prerequisite of being entitled to engage in employment in Ireland. This right exists and derives from the relationship with an EEA national who is resident in Ireland in accordance with the provisions of the Directive.
Yes. This is true; however, I'd say it will be hard to find employment as most companies won't hire you without a stamp endorsing the right in your passport.

I was on a Stamp 1A as a trainee accountant. I recently sent in my EU1 app. I received all of our documents back within 2 business days. I went to the GNIB today and was issued my Stamp 4 for 6 months without any issues. I've heard of people being refused the 6 month stamp 4. My letter also stated that I was to go register at the GNIB and MAY be issued a 6 month stamp 4.

The question here isn't whether or not you have the right, it's whether or not Ireland will adhere to the laws and if you can find employment without the stamp.

Best of luck.

koded

Post by koded » Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:23 pm

on airport they will stamp your passport for one month
I already have 6 months visa in my passport stamped by Irish embassy in sweden. So I dont think I will need any stamp from the airport expect if that is the rules.
however, I'd say it will be hard to find employment as most companies won't hire you without a stamp endorsing the right in your passport.
This is where the problem is. I know companies will not want to hire if one dont show that you are entitled to work in Ireland. Most of the companies dont understand much about Eu right. It is same here in Sweden.
So I need to get stamp 4 to prove this. How to get this is where my problem is, since I am moving to Ireland with my wife. So she will be looking for job as well.
thanks for all your responeses.

Emc

stamp eu4

Post by Emc » Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:49 pm

hi all, i am in the same situation as koded. got visa d for six month, arrived to Dublin on the 01/02/10 and got one month permit stamped in my passport by immigration officer who ordered me to registar at Garda INIS asap, so we went to do it the next day, queueed for hours just to be told i needed to apply for EU1 strait away and come back with the letter back. which i did, 2 days later a letter back asking for proof of my hubby's employment or other exercise of his rights or if unemployed the proof of last employement in UK and registration for benefits within 10 days.
He is still looking for a job and we dont want to take any benefits, also our understanding of Freedom of movement is that my hubby has 3 month to find a job or to start exercising his EU rights. He sent a letter back explaining that he is looking for a job and refuses to take any benefits, since we dont have enough funds to be self suffisent for the term af stay in Ireland but we have enough till he gets a job.
So i still dont have an EU4 stamp and cant work. Does anyone have any ideas if thats right what they asked us to do???

roddy1984

Post by roddy1984 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:52 pm

Dear friend, the stamp you have on your passport is only to enter in Ireland. Nothing more then that.And the stamp you will get on airport for one month, that will give you right to submit your application for 4EUFAM STAMP.The stamp you have on your passport is stating that EUTR Section.So this is only to enter in IRELAND.
Yes of course it is nearly impossible to get job without having STAMP4 GNIB CARD.Thats why in my first threat I explaned you to send all the relevant documents as soon as possible so you can get it quickly.

roddy1984

Post by roddy1984 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:01 pm

EMC you are in big trouble.As EU directive says that EU family member must give Evidence of Current Activity in State.And one Activitie must be fullfill out of these
1.Employed
OR
2.Self Employed(Means some king of business)
OR
3.Studying
As I gave like before,You can read it
http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/WP08000033

Emc

Post by Emc » Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:43 pm

Thanx roddy984, i have read the link, but it does say smth about 3 month non conditional stay for EU member and his depandants, thats what we were relying for, cos its almost impossible to secure a job in a couple of weeks, since we ve only got the permanent address 12 days ago.
I do hope that i can stay in the country within the 3 month till my hubby gets a job even without the EU4 stamp for myself. ?!

Any suggestions??

kabuki
United States of America

Post by kabuki » Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:49 pm

The EU national can move to Ireland as Jobseeker; however, registration with FÃ

roddy1984

Post by roddy1984 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:05 pm

Ya EMC, actually kabuki gave very good idea and he has personal experience aswell.You must ask your hubby to go to FAS to get register for job seeking. Then you can send those documents to EU Treaty Rights Section.Then it look like they will issue you 6month temporary stamp4.No harm to try.
AND BEST OF LUCK

koded

Post by koded » Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:45 pm

Well, this means that the eu national must be exercising his or her right in Ireland before one can be giving the right to work. and not like it is on other eu countries which gives you right to start one immediately you entered the country.

roddy1984

Post by roddy1984 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:11 pm

Well Koded.Its not mine,your or somebody else decision. Unfortunately Irish Immigration System is like that.They always make excuses. As they did before with METOCK & 100 of cases ,until EU Court gave decision in fever of Non EU Family Members.So Irish Immigration will continue like that until EU Directive find out and get enough complains about them.I really hope and wish, you will be able to sort out soon.
WISH YOU BEST OF LUCK...

Emc

Post by Emc » Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:17 pm

thanx for advise, it makes me feel better to know that there are other people in the same situation as me. My husband will definately go and registar with FAS as job seeker, the only thing is he is against taking benefits. Do you yhink its nessesary to be registered for job seeker's benefits in order to satisfy the INIS during the up to 3 month job search??

koded

Post by koded » Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:11 am

@roddy1984 Did you also submit financial proof as a jobseeker in order to submit your application?
Also, do anyone know if EU health insurance is accepted as a proof.
Thanks

kabuki
United States of America

Post by kabuki » Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:16 pm

Emc wrote:thanx for advise, it makes me feel better to know that there are other people in the same situation as me. My husband will definately go and registar with FAS as job seeker, the only thing is he is against taking benefits. Do you yhink its nessesary to be registered for job seeker's benefits in order to satisfy the INIS during the up to 3 month job search??
Have a look at the FAS website: http://www.fas.ie/en/Job+Seeker/Home/default.htm

Registering as a jobseeker with them is separate from registering for JobSeekers benefits. You shouldn't have to register for the allowance with Social Welfare.

roddy1984

Post by roddy1984 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:45 pm

Koded i didn't get register with job seekers.I send my bank statement and wife bank statement aswell.Because they ask me to send both mine and wife bank statement.So i open bank account quickly and as soon as i got bank details, I ordered bank statement and send to EUTR section quickly.After that they issue me letter for temporary STAMP4.I have STAMP4 from last 3 months and still didn't get any job.

koded

Post by koded » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:10 pm

thanks for the information, I hope we will all find a way to solve all these problem.
Yeah, it is really hard to find job these days in almost every country. Hopefully, things may change.