ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship timeline tracker.

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

HSE

Post by HSE » Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:05 pm

Hi Folks,
Today my wife got her approval letter as well 3 months after mine.
applied june 06
approved feb 10.

things are happening but on its own pace. keep the spirits alive.

good luck to all.

9jeirean

Post by 9jeirean » Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:17 pm

HSE wrote:Hi Folks,
Today my wife got her approval letter as well 3 months after mine.
applied june 06
approved feb 10.

things are happening but on its own pace. keep the spirits alive.

good luck to all.
Congrats to you and your wife HSE. Full relief for you at last. :D
What lies behind us and ahead of us is nothing compared to what lies within us

HSE

Post by HSE » Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:22 pm

thanks bro...
and wish everyone very best of luck !!!

aswadref

Post by aswadref » Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:19 am

Rang the dept last week to get a update on apllication,the told me they claim to have started processing apllications around 68/3000/08 may be someone else got additional documents reqested, whose applications are near these numbers

Not-so-desperate
Newly Registered

Post by Not-so-desperate » Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:09 pm

Dear Ireland Lovers,
I am benefiting from this site for some time. Last Friday I received my approval letter.
Applied: April 2006
5 yrs employment basis
Additional documents: July 2009
Phoned INS only once to enquire progress.

Can some one recommend a court any where in Ireland with a possibility of early date for oath.
Thanks

crown

Post by crown » Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:48 pm

Not-so-desperate wrote:Dear Ireland Lovers,
I am benefiting from this site for some time. Last Friday I received my approval letter.
Applied: April 2006
5 yrs employment basis
Additional documents: July 2009
Phoned INS only once to enquire progress.

Can some one recommend a court any where in Ireland with a possibility of early date for oath.
Thanks
FYI Guys
http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/break ... 93646.html

yelims

Post by yelims » Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:59 pm

well im still waiting for my certificate :shock:

as posted earlier i sworn the oath on 1st December and send of all documents same day

still nothing... i presume the "go slow" by the public workers is not helping :( i didnt know it was possible for the whole process to go "slower" :roll:

sigh.... :x

IrishTom
BANNED

Post by IrishTom » Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:50 am

asrpb wrote:
irishtom must be kicking his own head in his lonely corner :)
How can one kick his own head? It aint possible. Citizenship can always be rescinded. I advise you to look at the rest of europe, see who is getting in power..........[/list]

homingpigeon
Newly Registered

Post by homingpigeon » Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:27 am

IrishTom wrote:
asrpb wrote:
irishtom must be kicking his own head in his lonely corner :)
How can one kick his own head? It aint possible. Citizenship can always be rescinded. I advise you to look at the rest of europe, see who is getting in power..........[/list]
Obvious troll is ... well obvious...

Anti=fascist
Newly Registered

beloved bring darkness,poverty and hopeless,

Post by Anti=fascist » Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:23 pm

[b]Call to overhaul Irish citizenship system[/b]

Monday, 22 February 2010
Calls to be made to overhaul Irish citizenship process

Calls to be made to overhaul Irish citizenship process

Immigrants convicted of minor road offences are being barred from becoming Irish citizens, it was claimed.

Social justice campaigners said the citizenship process appeared designed to turn away migrants rather than welcome them.

The Immigrant Council of Ireland (ICI), which will hold a think-in on Tuesday on migration and identity at University College Dublin, called for an overhaul of the system to make it fairer and more efficient.

ICI chief Denise Charlton said: "Many countries require that citizenship applicants be of 'good character'. While other countries spell out what this means in practice, Ireland does not.

"People have been refused Irish citizenship because they have come to the adverse attention of the gardai and this has, literally, meant that people who have had two penalty points on their driver's licence have been deemed ineligible.

"If the Government is going to enforce a system where minor road rule infringements are considered enough to debar a person from ever becoming an Irish citizen, it should be honest and say so."

Ms Charlton said more than 340 people had attended seven meetings held around the country to discuss the citizenship process.

Delays and lack of clear rules consistently emerged as among the main issues.

Social justice campaigner Sr Stanislaus Kennedy said there was a deep feeling of hurt and anger among migrants trying to become Irish citizens over delays and refusals for seemingly trivial reasons.

"Grave injustices are occurring in the administration of Ireland's process for applying for citizenship," she said. "We need to ask ourselves why our system seems designed more to prevent people becoming citizens of our country because, unless we do, then any attempts to rectify the bureaucratic processes are doomed to failure."
Also in this section,,beloved bring darkness,poverty and hopeless,,TOM i am sure sometimes you hate yourself by your mind, because beloved time is gone now in this century look even westin country Leader is immigrant backround,exmple,MR Barack obama,look even south of england the most richest cities in the all earth, because of multinationalization, in the northe of the country nothing just hate poverty and beloved,

[/b]

Deception-shy

Re: Thanks 9gerian

Post by Deception-shy » Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:22 pm

9jeirean

On the average it takes btw 6-8 weeks. But seems to be taking a tad longer these days. It should be within 3 months in any case. Mine was supposed forwarded in the first week of December and I am still waiting. The good news is once it's been sent to the minister it means a decision has been reached on your application. All is left is for the minister to sign off on it.

HI 9Jeirean,

Your above opinion is quite interesting !!

Do you think once the file is sent to minister, that means decision has been made on the application ?? and would that be approval or could be rejection as well?

9jeirean

Post by 9jeirean » Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:26 pm

Deception-shy wrote:9jeirean

On the average it takes btw 6-8 weeks. But seems to be taking a tad longer these days. It should be within 3 months in any case. Mine was supposed forwarded in the first week of December and I am still waiting. The good news is once it's been sent to the minister it means a decision has been reached on your application. All is left is for the minister to sign off on it.

HI 9Jeirean,

Do you think once the file is sent to minister, that means decision has been made on the application ?? and would that be approval or could be rejection as well?
Hi Deception shy,

My statement is based on my personal experience of an application I made on behalf of my child on the basis of association with her Irish Sibling. In that instance a recommendation was made by a a senior official of INIS which was also witnessed/agreed to by another INIS official. Both of them signed off on the recommendation and it was subsequently appended by the minister. Unfortunately we weren't successful at that instance. Which kind of answers your other question, it would appear that the procedure applies to both positive and negative decisions.

homingpigeon
Newly Registered

Post by homingpigeon » Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:24 am

Swore my oath yesterday in court, posted all the docs back on the same day registered post. Now begins the wait for my naturalisation cert. :D

mad

Post by mad » Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:31 pm

Congrats homingpigeon :) Good luck.

9gerian: I think you are right. Its a long wait anyways. I tried calling them yesterday to no avail. Will call them again tomorrow to ascertain the date my file was sent to the minister as per their letter. I wonder what would they say to that?

Cheers.

mad

Post by mad » Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:16 pm

Dear 9jerian,

Can you please tell us your timelines. Would appreciate it my friend.
9jeirean wrote:

HI 9Jeirean,

Hi Deception shy,

My statement is based on my personal experience of an application I made on behalf of my child on the basis of association with her Irish Sibling. In that instance a recommendation was made by a a senior official of INIS which was also witnessed/agreed to by another INIS official. Both of them signed off on the recommendation and it was subsequently appended by the minister. Unfortunately we weren't successful at that instance. Which kind of answers your other question, it would appear that the procedure applies to both positive and negative decisions.

9jeirean

Post by 9jeirean » Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:50 pm

mad wrote:Dear 9jerian,

Can you please tell us your timelines. Would appreciate it my friend.
Applied July 07
Acknowledged Aug 2007
Additional doc requested Jan 2009
Submitted Feb 2009
Social Welfare Report Forwarded (On the request of INIS Oct 2009)
File Fwd to the minister December 2009
:arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :wink:

mad

Post by mad » Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:06 am

Great stuff my friend. Thanks for sharing your time lines. I was just thinking it sounds as if your application is with the minister for over 10 weeks like. Hope you get it soon 9jerian.

Darkhorse

Post by Darkhorse » Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:55 am

mad wrote:Great stuff my friend. Thanks for sharing your time lines. I was just thinking it sounds as if your application is with the minister for over 10 weeks like. Hope you get it soon 9jerian.
It took about 3 months for me since I sent additional document until I received approval. It was jun 08 and approval sep 08. I applied in june 05.
It was 42 months until I received my cert.
Now, it looks like taking longer.

AShawna

Post by AShawna » Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:13 am

Darkhorse wrote: It took about 3 months for me since I sent additional document until I received approval. It was jun 08 and approval sep 08. I applied in june 05.
Wow, 42 months...was about to say thats loong, but hey, I'm on 30+ months and still counting. 8)
...though it tarries, it shall surely come...

Deception-shy

Post by Deception-shy » Sun Feb 28, 2010 6:35 pm

9jeirean wrote:

HI 9Jeirean,

Hi Deception shy,

Thanks 9gerian,

Last week i ranged again to the citizenship office and the lady told me that my application was sent to minister and she told me that it takes 6 to 8 weeks to get the decision from minister.

Now...fingers crossed and waiting for THAT letter to see the result :roll:

Deception-shy

Post by Deception-shy » Sun Feb 28, 2010 6:42 pm

AShawna wrote:
Darkhorse wrote: It took about 3 months for me since I sent additional document until I received approval. It was jun 08 and approval sep 08. I applied in june 05.
Wow, 42 months...was about to say thats loong, but hey, I'm on 30+ months and still counting. 8)
Hey Ashawna,

mine is 34+ months and still counting..... i dont know, my application was sent to minister for decision few days back, hopefully in another 3 to 4 months time they should be able to say something.... :arrow: :arrow: :?:

(Too Close yet Toooo far)

IrlNational2009
Newly Registered

Post by IrlNational2009 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 5:55 pm

Darkhorse wrote:
mad wrote:Great stuff my friend. Thanks for sharing your time lines. I was just thinking it sounds as if your application is with the minister for over 10 weeks like. Hope you get it soon 9jerian.
It took about 3 months for me since I sent additional document until I received approval. It was jun 08 and approval sep 08. I applied in june 05.
Hi there, would appreciate to please tell us how long it took to get the certificate after taking the oath..thanks

mad

Post by mad » Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:44 pm

IrlNational2009 wrote:
Darkhorse wrote:
Hi there, would appreciate to please tell us how long it took to get the certificate after taking the oath..thanks
Hi! Irlnational2009.

Based on what I am hearing from my friends it is taking a bit longer these days but the INIS is speeding it up again and by middle of March things would be back to normal. So it would take approx 6 weeks to sort it out. Cheers.

IrlNational2009
Newly Registered

Post by IrlNational2009 » Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:12 am

mad wrote:
IrlNational2009 wrote:
Darkhorse wrote:
Hi! Irlnational2009.

Based on what I am hearing from my friends it is taking a bit longer these days but the INIS is speeding it up again and by middle of March things would be back to normal. So it would take approx 6 weeks to sort it out. Cheers.
I hope it would come down to 6 weeks..in my case already waiting for more than 3 months now :(

homingpigeon
Newly Registered

Post by homingpigeon » Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:37 am

^^^^

Just a quick question IrlNational2009, did you get a confirmation letter back from INIS stating that they had received your docs (signed oath form, fee etc..)? Was it the general letter that states: We have received your docs with regards to your naturalization application.......? thanks in adavnce