ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

County Court

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

neighbourboy

County Court

Post by neighbourboy » Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:54 pm

Hi,

I need a bit of guidance from someone.
I have received a county court letter for my council tax bill, i would like to know, can county court effect my visa application for hsmp, its not a traffic offence but does it count towards civil judgement?

Please do let me know.

Thank you

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:07 pm

county court letter: this is what i found about the letter issued to someone

"The objective is to give the client one last opportunity to pay outstanding invoices before you proceed to claiming the monies owed through the courts. (Often, this form works in persuading the client to settle before they incur further costs)"

"This should be issued once you have already sent Statement incorporating terms and reminders notifying them of late payment: First demand for payment, Second demand for payment and Final demand for payment."

do you plan to settle it? or do u feel you are wrongly made liable to pay council tax? at this moment in time, you have a chance to put fwd your reasons for non-payment so no damage has been done yet. settle it ASAP because caseworkers always make an enquiry if someone is claiming any public benefits via local council and this will turn up infront of caseworker so... do watever it takes to resolve the issue at your earliest.

ash786
BANNED

Re: County Court

Post by ash786 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:37 pm

neighbourboy wrote:Hi,

I have received a county court letter for my council tax bill, i would like to know, can county court effect my visa application for hsmp, its not a traffic offence but does it count towards civil judgement?

Please do let me know.

Thank you
1. If the judgement has been made and letter is issued for that then yes it wud be on u file and u shud declare it on u visa form.
2. If u do not declare it then u application will be refused under deception (if caseworker checks it) as declaring it does not harm u appliation.
3. Even if the caseworker doe dnot check it this time but in u next application if they find out then it will be refused.
4. CCJ's shud be declared as eventually HO will find out sooner or later.

PostMan

Re: County Court

Post by PostMan » Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:02 am

neighbourboy wrote:Hi,

Please do let me know.

Thank you
County Court is a process of taking you to court to judge why you failed to pay. But it is not an offence on serve, you are not guilty when served with a county court.
But if you fail to arrive at an agreement to settle how you will pay the money. then it will be entered into a County Court Judgement Book and thats when you get whats is normall called CCJ and this is a Civil Judgement.
So you can avoid it now, by paying the bill within the 28 days.
Then if you have a case against why you should not pay it, then fill the counterclaim part of the form, then the case will begin