ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Maintenance of funds for my dependant Kid

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:37 pm

I would request each and everyone not to take it personal. Everybody is entitled to their opinion. The bare reason for this forum is knowledge sharing. Which people like tvn, sush, letmec, naeed, (too many to name) are doing perfectly. We will all continue to put forward our views and which is the best way to do. Nobody is right or nobody is wrong, everybody puts forward their argument believing it would help others. Congratulations to everybody who is making a sincere effort to help others go through otherwise a stressful (atleast for me) process of visa application. All the best!!!

kumarjalluri
Newly Registered

Post by kumarjalluri » Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:23 pm

Hi Naeed,

Thanks for the info.. How long you have been staying in UK? Maintenance funds depends on that. I am here for only from 4 months now.

naeed

Post by naeed » Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:48 pm

both vfs n ukba confirmed the same.

my both babies got the visa with MF £533 at different times so one can not b lucky all the time.

thank youu.

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:51 pm

my both babies got the visa with MF £533 at different times so one can not b lucky all the time.
Good Naeed. All the best.

naeed

Post by naeed » Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:18 pm

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for contacting VFS UK Visa Helpdesk.

With regard to your query, this is to inform you dependant needs to apply for under Tier 1 General category and you need to demonstrate 533 GBP. These amounts must be held in your personal bank account for a minimum period of 3 months immediately preceding and dated no more than one month prior to the date you submit your application. The balance should not fall below the required minimum at any time during the 3 month period.

The visa fee is 54000 INR. You can use any of the two modes of payment - Demand Draft or Cash. Credit cards and debit cards are not accepted currently. The visa fees can be paid in cash at the bank counter in the application center, for which the bank would levy a non-refundable service charge of 200 INR per application.

The processing time is 15 working days or more. However, the discretion to grant a visa lies with British High Commission and the processing time can be shorter or longer based on your application, at the discretion of British High Commission.

Warm Regards

Praburaj G

UK Helpdesk

Helpline no – 91- 080-40084008

SMS VISA <SPACE> UK <SPACE> PASSPORT NO to 57333 receive the status of your application.

Please book all appointment in advance to submit your applications.

Visit www.vfs-uk-in.com

For information on UK attractions and transport and to buy tickets before you fly, call Visit Britain the national tourism authority of UK on toll free 1800 209 7071 1800 209 7071 1800 209 7071 1800 209 7071 or visit www.visitbritainshop.co.uk

kumarjalluri
Newly Registered

Post by kumarjalluri » Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:09 pm

Hi All,

Today I went to the bank in UK and collected the statement in hand. Since I got this in hand address was not printed on it. Only my name and account number is there. is this ok to use for submitting to UKBA for applying dependant visa for my kid.

Or else do I need to have my residential address printed on it. Please let me know if you have any idea.

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:54 pm

kumarjalluri wrote:Hi All,

Today I went to the bank in UK and collected the statement in hand. Since I got this in hand address was not printed on it. Only my name and account number is there. is this ok to use for submitting to UKBA for applying dependant visa for my kid.

Or else do I need to have my residential address printed on it. Please let me know if you have any idea.
Do you have all YOUR account details on the electronic statements?

And did you get them stamped/signed on each page?

kumarjalluri
Newly Registered

Post by kumarjalluri » Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:03 pm

I have all my account details and signed and stamped by them. But my only concern is it is not having my residential address on the statement. Since I got it in hand, address is not printed.

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:11 pm

kumarjalluri wrote:I have all my account details and signed and stamped by them. But my only concern is it is not having my residential address on the statement. Since I got it in hand, address is not printed.
Read the HO Guidance than being concerned..

This is taken from the GUIDANCE...
i) statements covering three full consecutive months: The most recent statement must be dated no more than one calendar month before the date of application.
The personal bank or building society statements should clearly show:
the applicant’s name;•
the account number;•
the date of the statement;•
the financial institution’s name and logo

kumarjalluri
Newly Registered

Post by kumarjalluri » Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:19 pm

Ok Thanks Ramesh.... it is mentioned the statement should not be one calendar month old.. That means today I got the statement, Shall I use it to apply in Mrach 1st week?

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:21 pm

kumarjalluri wrote:Ok Thanks Ramesh.... it is mentioned the statement should not be one calendar month old.. That means today I got the statement, Shall I use it to apply in Mrach 1st week?
If your latest bankstatement is dated today 24th Feb.. you can apply anytime with this statement before 23rd March which will be 1calendar month before the date of application.. 1st week of march is not a problem at all..

In that case why dont you order for original statement from the bank via customer care as it reaches you in 5-7days time.. ORIGINAL is always much better..

kumarjalluri
Newly Registered

Post by kumarjalluri » Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:04 pm

Ok Ramesh... I will apply for original bank statement as you suggested.

dima
Member of Standing

Post by dima » Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:51 am

tvn_ramesh wrote:
naeed wrote:hi kumarjalluri
As for my knowledge only £1600 for ur baby is needed as u n ur spouse already got visa. My baby born in UK got stamped outside UK with single maintenance shown.

good luck.
Can you please enlighten us with UKBA Link saying "single " maintenance is enough? Like Aruni supplied proper evidence from HO GUIDANCE
Yes, its not required to show the main applicant's maint funds, if the dependent visa is applied seperatley. In this case, OP and his wife both have visa. so applying for child he will have to only show 1600 GBP from his home country.
Infact, I have a mail from VFS and HO for the same kinda query asked , their reply says "applicant needs to show only for his/her dependents if he/she already have the EC".
:D

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:59 pm

dima wrote:
tvn_ramesh wrote:
As for my knowledge only £1600 for ur baby is needed as u n ur spouse already got visa. My baby born in UK got stamped outside UK with single maintenance shown.

good luck.
Can you please enlighten us with UKBA Link saying "single " maintenance is enough? Like Aruni supplied proper evidence from HO GUIDANCE
Yes, its not required to show the main applicant's maint funds, if the dependent visa is applied seperatley. In this case, OP and his wife both have visa. so applying for child he will have to only show 1600 GBP from his home country.
Infact, I have a mail from VFS and HO for the same kinda query asked , their reply says "applicant needs to show only for his/her dependents if he/she already have the EC".
Agreed and this might be for those applying outside UK.. but the Tier1(G) DEPENDENT PBS Policy Guidance http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/worki ... ependants/ says something else... Page 9 and Paragraph 39

So i advice applicants to be better safe than sorry esply for those who are applying within UK...
Family member of a Tier 1 Migrant
40. If the Tier 1 Migrant is outside the United Kingdom or has been present in the United Kingdom for less than 12 months, each family member of the Tier 1 Migrant must show that he/she, the Tier
1 Migrant, or (for children) his/her other parent who is also legally present in the United Kingdom has at least £1600 to support him/her; this is in addition to any funds the Tier 1 Migrant needs to prove he/she has enough money to support himself/herself.

dima
Member of Standing

Post by dima » Sat Feb 27, 2010 6:51 pm

tvn_ramesh wrote:
dima wrote:
tvn_ramesh wrote:

good luck.
Agreed and this might be for those applying outside UK.. but the Tier1(G) DEPENDENT PBS Policy Guidance http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/worki ... ependants/ says something else... Page 9 and Paragraph 39

So i advice applicants to be better safe than sorry esply for those who are applying within UK...
40. If the Tier 1 Migrant is outside the United Kingdom or has been present in the United Kingdom for less than 12 months, each family member of the Tier 1 Migrant must show that he/she, the Tier
1 Migrant, or (for children) his/her other parent who is also legally present in the United Kingdom has at least £1600 to support him/her; this is in addition to any funds the Tier 1 Migrant needs to prove he/she has enough money to support himself/herself.
Yeah!! it should not matter much if the application is made in UK or outside UK. 8) Logicaly, If the dependents' application is submitted after the main applicant already has the visa then the main applcant need not show his part of maint funds...Apprently, if deps are applied along with the main applicant and its obvious that the maint funds needs to be showed for the whole family along with the main applicant... :)

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Sat Feb 27, 2010 8:40 pm

Is there anybody in UK (in-country application) who have applied for their dependant with just the dependant maintenance? Please share your experiences here..Thanks

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:43 pm

dima wrote:
tvn_ramesh wrote:

Yeah!! it should not matter much if the application is made in UK or outside UK. 8) Logicaly, If the dependents' application is submitted after the main applicant already has the visa then the main applcant need not show his part of maint funds...Apprently, if deps are applied along with the main applicant and its obvious that the maint funds needs to be showed for the whole family along with the main applicant... :)
Thanks,

But, Logics don't work before RULES..

letz follow them..

if in doubt read the quoted above in GUIDANCE :roll:

pun81
Newly Registered

Query on dependent visa fund maintenance

Post by pun81 » Sun May 23, 2010 1:31 pm

Hi Friends,
I found this forum very interesting.

I have a query which need clarification i.e regaring fund maintenance for applying for dependent visa if the main applicant is in UK less than 12 month. I read thoroughly the point no 41,42 ans 43 of pbs dependent visa policy but not able to come to an conclusion.

1)I am holding Tier1 since Jan 2009 but moved UK recently. I am in UK from less than 2 months and working from last one month. what is the amount of fund maintenance I need to show in bank acccount? £1600(for dependent) + £1600(Main Tier1 holder in UK) = £3200/ or £1600(Dependent) + £2800 (Main Tier1 holder in UK)=£4200.

2) COuld you please let me know the checklist of document and send me the cover letter and sponsorship letter. I would be great-full to you.

3) Does the fund maintenance should be there in one bank account or joint account?

Regarding fund maintenance I have live example of 2 people in my office :-

Person1) :was in UK from last 5 months and got dependent visa for his wife and one child by maintainging £1600x3 i.e £4800...he says he maintained around £5000 for safer side.
Person 2): was in UK from last 3 months and maintained £16000 X2 ie £3200 in his account in UK for last 3 month .His wifes visa was denied stating "Not Sufficient Fund". he is running after solicitor to appeal. he has also posted this in linkedin community.

Even I am here from last 2 months and maintaining jst £3200 (£1600 + £1600) but want to play safe. not sure what amount is correct?

please suggest.