ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

TIMELINE AFTER NATURALISATION APPLICATION SUBMISSION

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

London102

Post by London102 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:09 pm

Arrrgh........, yes I did call them around 3:00pm.

Very short conversation this afternoon "There has been no change in the status since you called yesterday..."':('

Eskar wrote:London i did call today still the same answer, i asked about the case worker but she didnt clarify anything. did u call today.

Eskar

bani

Post by bani » Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:11 pm

thanks london and everyone!

london, it was the first available ceremony date in my local council. i had to wait 1 month. luckily the passport took under 2 weeks so no time lost really.
London102 wrote:Congrats Bani.

a quick question though, did you intentionally delay the ceremony date or was the only date available with your local council ?
bani wrote:Here is my Time Line
NCS or Postal : NCS
Date of submission or posting : 30/11/2009
Date recieved by HO: 3/12/2009
CRITERIA: 4 years HSMP (JR) plus 1 year ILR
Date of debit of personal cheque: 10/12/2009
Date receipt of acknowledgement : not sure, I was on holiday, but dated 10/12/2009
Date of receipt of approval : 9/1/2010, but was dated 18/12/2009
Date of citizenship Ceremony : 9/2/2010

Date of passport application : 12/2/2010
Method used : Check and Send
Date for passport Interview: 20/2/2010
Date of Receipt of Passport: 24/2/2010

keshgrover
Member of Standing

Post by keshgrover » Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:29 pm

Guys,

I have finished my journey today as I have recieved my British Passport today. I applied on 27th November 2009 through NCS and from then to today it took nearly 3 months. In all I had two weeks wasted due to my bank as they suspected HO transastion as froud on my account and declined it twice. Another two weeks were wasted in my passport application as my photographs were not of right size.(1 mm short). And a were sharply focused.

However, I am very happy that I am done with the process And would like to thank every single member who has always been there for me and helped me throughout the process. I also wish very good luck the rest those are awaiting their decisions and Pray to the Most Hight to get their approved too.

Once again guys thank you all.

Regards
KESH

citizen1000

Post by citizen1000 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:47 pm

If NCS, which centre : Maidstone Kent
Date of submission or posting : 10/02/2010
CRITERIA - 5 yr stay (4 + 1 yr ILR) Judicial review HSMP
Date of debit of debit/credit card : 16/02/2010
Date of receipt of acknowledgement 23/02/2010. Dated 16/02/2010
Date of receipt of approval pending
Date of Ceremony pending
Date of appln. for passport pending
Method used pending
Date of Receipt pending

Do u think i should call them or is it too early?

navnas

Post by navnas » Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:08 pm

Hi citizen1000 ...

iam having the same timelines as you and did called them today ... but they just confirmed that the application has been recieved but as its not six months yet so they can't tell any thing ....and thats it .

i think its a waste of time to call anyway so we have to wait .....no other option .

citizen1000

Post by citizen1000 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:30 pm

hi navnas
yes u r right
i think we should call towars the end of next week.
u r right that there is no point in calling them, but if they say that it is case worker etc then it means that the next step is approval

eliasuk4u
Member of Standing

Post by eliasuk4u » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:17 pm

Do u think i should call them or is it too early?
You have applied exactly a week after (I applied on 3rd Feb) me, so I think its far too early to call them.

London102

Post by London102 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:31 am

Hello,

Can any one advise if passport application of the whole family (self+spouse+child) can be made by spouse at check & send service or is it a must that all applicants be present at the post office counter for an application to be made. Of course all will be invited subsequently for an interview as a process by IPS.

Regards,

chzishan

Post by chzishan » Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:03 pm

It seems that they are delaying application.... I don't unsderstand that why they are delaying

Jerryanderson
Newly Registered

Post by Jerryanderson » Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:14 pm

Eskar wrote:Just called HO today. still it is ongoing process would take 3-6 month

I was told same but I quite do not understand because from what I read in forum it is pretty quick than that ...I think it is a formality

Spartac

Post by Spartac » Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:38 pm

[quote="London102"]Hello,

Can any one advise if passport application of the whole family (self+spouse+child) can be made by spouse at check & send service or is it a must that all applicants be present at the post office counter for an application to be made. Of course all will be invited subsequently for an interview as a process by IPS.

Regards,[/quote]

Hi London102

Anyone can do it. Doesn't even have to be one of the applicants. All they do is check your application and make sure you have the right supporting documents, then send it by secure post. Doesn't add much value other than the fact that your documents go by secure post and someone else has read though your application to make sure there are no errors.

Regards - Spartac

bani

Post by bani » Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:16 pm

Spartac wrote:
Anyone can do it. Doesn't even have to be one of the applicants. All they do is check your application and make sure you have the right supporting documents, then send it by secure post. Doesn't add much value other than the fact that your documents go by secure post and someone else has read though your application to make sure there are no errors.

Regards - Spartac
Agree. Only one person has to go to the post office and it doesn't even have to be one of you.

It's a really good service btw, well worth the £8 fee. They spent 10 minutes going over my application, measuring my photo, etc. Also, IPS process check and send applications faster than normal postal applications.

Spartac

Post by Spartac » Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:49 pm

[quote="bani"][quote="Spartac"]

Regards - Spartac[/quote]

Agree. Only one person has to go to the post office and it doesn't even have to be one of you.

It's a really good service btw, well worth the £8 fee. They spent 10 minutes going over my application, measuring my photo, etc. Also, IPS process check and send applications faster than normal postal applications.[/quote]

I suppose the service varies depending on the Post Office. I applied for passports for our twins born in the UK after our ILR and it seemed like I was the one telling them what to do. I subsequently got an objection from the IPS, as I had signed the application and sent my wife's passport instead of getting my wife to sign the application. Anyway, after the initial objection the lady from IPS called me again to let me know that she had decided to use her discretion and waive the initial objection.

That said, I'd still use them as it is the recommended process and £8 includes at least an administrative check on the application and secure next day delivery.

London102

Post by London102 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:05 pm

Thanks Bani, Spartac.

Can you please advise what documents need to be sent along with the passport application (unfortunatley I have not seen as yet the passport application form':oops:' ).

Thanks.

chzishan

Post by chzishan » Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:10 pm

Hi London 102

You need to submit your Pakistani passport along with Citizenship certificate and same of Kids.
Regards

[quote="London102"]Thanks Bani, Spartac.

Can you please advise what documents need to be sent along with the passport application (unfortunatley I have not seen as yet the passport application form':oops:' ).

Thanks.[/quote]

London102

Post by London102 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:11 pm

chzishan,

I am not sure but I have learnt this before somewhere in this forum that after a certain time frame or if there is some political happening, HO tend to slow down on nationality application processing. This may not be true, however its been said.

chzishan wrote:It seems that they are delaying application.... I don't unsderstand that why they are delaying

London102

Post by London102 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:13 pm

Thanks chzishan, I appreciate.

Any other document like proof of residence or address required or just the passport and naturalization certificate?

regards

chzishan wrote:Hi London 102

You need to submit your Pakistani passport along with Citizenship certificate and same of Kids.
Regards

London102 wrote:Thanks Bani, Spartac.

Thanks.

chzishan

Post by chzishan » Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:18 pm

HI

No need for proof of residence....

[quote="London102"]Thanks chzishan, I appreciate.

Any other document like proof of residence or address required or just the passport and naturalization certificate?

regards

[quote="chzishan"]Hi London 102

Regards

Thanks.[/quote][/quote][/quote]

London102

Post by London102 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:24 pm

The acknowledgement letter that I received has a mention of contact centre telephone number 0845 010 5200, Opening hours from 9:00am to 9:00pm Monday to Friday. The letter specifically instructs on calling them after 6:00pm on Mondays to avoid hung on for longer. In the past, I've been calling them on 0151 672 5626, which is same as 0845, however before 5:00pm on all occassions.

I am just off the phone trying them for an update. To my surprise, they are closed now at 5:10pm ?

I guess they work between 9:00 and 5:00pm only. If they have changed the working hours, they must correct the information on the acknowledment letters. ':x'

Spartac

Post by Spartac » Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:15 pm

Thanks.[/quote]

You just need the application form itself, completed and signed by an appropriate referree, 2 passport size pictures (one signed by the referree), send all uncancelled passports including the current one and the one you originally entered the UK with and the naturalisation certificate.

Suggest you collect a form from the Post Office so you have a good idea of what to do and you are ready to apply as soon as you get you approval.

citizen1000

Post by citizen1000 » Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:45 am

Date of Ceremony pending
Method used pending
Date of Receipt pending

I know it was too early to call them but i could not stop my self today & phoned them. The lady on the phone was very soft spoken & said that my application is till under the initial checkings & not with caseworker yet. I asked how long does it take for the initila check so she said that the whole application take from m 3-6 months

Eskar

Post by Eskar » Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:10 pm

im a student so i didnt fil mutch in employee section just only student, does home office need to more checking as they do not know where did i study for last 5 years respect with others applicant, working full time, provide lots of information regarding they emply history and also provide supporting docs e.g. p60 which give straight idea about the past 5 years

Eskar

Post by Eskar » Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:13 pm

LOL i thought exactly samething. they did make change in the website but not in the application form, leaflet and flyers. i suppose they had huge amount of stock. as budget are shrinking and may not efford to print new stuff.
London102 wrote:The acknowledgement letter that I received has a mention of contact centre telephone number 0845 010 5200, Opening hours from 9:00am to 9:00pm Monday to Friday. The letter specifically instructs on calling them after 6:00pm on Mondays to avoid hung on for longer. In the past, I've been calling them on 0151 672 5626, which is same as 0845, however before 5:00pm on all occassions.

I am just off the phone trying them for an update. To my surprise, they are closed now at 5:10pm ?

I guess they work between 9:00 and 5:00pm only. If they have changed the working hours, they must correct the information on the acknowledment letters. ':x'

Eskar

Post by Eskar » Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:18 pm

i think you would get approval quicly. i suppose u already worst eperience with Homeoffice as u got ilr by judi review. i read in the UKBA website people with bad expereince with homeoffice get priority.

please note: only apply to case worker. do not know about the initial checking.
citizen1000 wrote:NCS or Postal : NCS
Date of Ceremony pending
Method used pending
Date of Receipt pending

I know it was too early to call them but i could not stop my self today & phoned them. The lady on the phone was very soft spoken & said that my application is till under the initial checkings & not with caseworker yet. I asked how long does it take for the initila check so she said that the whole application take from m 3-6 months

citizen1000

Post by citizen1000 » Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:30 pm

think you would get approval quicly. i suppose u already worst eperience with Homeoffice as u got ilr by judi review. i read in the UKBA website people with bad expereince with homeoffice get priority.

please note: only apply to case worker. do not know about the initial checking.
I dont know how long will it take?
Eskar did u call today?