ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

help with apply british citizen !!

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

numfon

help with apply british citizen !!

Post by numfon » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:28 pm

hi
my husband is English. I came to uk with spoue visa on 27 March 2006 and I got ILR visa on 15 APRIL 2008
> my problem is on 23 June 2008 I went to Thailand to visit my family and got pregnant with my third child (all my kids is British citizen) and not normal so my doctor said I can not fly back to uk until I have give birth by Caesarean on 18 April 2009 and I return to UK on 5 November 2009
>
> my question is
> 1. I leave UK for more than 600 day in the last 4 year can I still apply for British citizen and
1 y/60 day
2y/35 day
3y/365 day
4y/220 day
> when can I apply for it
> thank you very much for your help
>

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:26 pm

On the day of the application, you must:
â–  have been resident in the United Kingdom for at least three years (this is known as the residential qualifying period); and
â–  have been present in the United Kingdom three years before the date of your application; and
â–  have not spent more than 270 days outside the United Kingdom during the three-year period; and
â–  have not spend more than 90 days outside the United Kingdom in the last 12 months of the three-year period; and
â–  have not been in breach of the immigration rules at any stage during the three-year period.

Given the 500 days continuous absence between Jun-08 and Nov-09, I think you will have to wait until 05 Nov. 2012 to apply for naturalisation.

KOL test pass required.

regards

raymasa2
Member of Standing

Post by raymasa2 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:14 pm

I dont know the answer, but cant she apply under compassinate grounds? Its a medical emergency, wont that be taken into account?

Again, I dont know the answer, just wondering is that would work.

Ray

numfon

Post by numfon » Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:32 am

i wonder ...can i apply before 5 nov 2012 ? I will not traval any where from now one !! and it is out of my control to come back !! I do have docuement to prove Will HO give me a chance
thank you very much indeed

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Sun Feb 28, 2010 4:44 pm

numfon wrote:i wonder ...can i apply before 5 nov 2012 ? I will not traval any where from now one !! and it is out of my control to come back !! I do have docuement to prove Will HO give me a chance
thank you very much indeed
Go to the link before and have a look at section 4 in particular section 4.1.4
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

i think the earliest you could think of making an apply IMO will be 27 March 2011 under 5 year stay rather than applying under spouses 3 year route. Even under that you will require some discretion from the caseworker. i am not sure though how good your chances will be then as well.