ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

what should i do to get my non-eu relative to IRL

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nabishah
Newly Registered

what should i do to get my non-eu relative to IRL

Post by nabishah » Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:00 pm

My Background
I am a 26 years old man and a Pakistani citizen.
I moved to ireland in 2003 on a tourist visa and over stayed my visa and worked here since then till june 2009. I paid taxes on my PPS number since 2003 till June 2009.
Since june 2009 i didn't work till now and still haven't applied for any social benefits.
In June 2009 i got married to my Irish girlfriend and applied for residency and got a positive in Jan 2010. I have a stamp 4 now.

Recently my mother passed away and my father was left all alone back home. Giving the current political climate in Pakistan, he applied for a tourist visa and came over here on 20 of Feb 2010. His visa is expiring on 15th of March 2010. If he stayed over his visa, he will be illegal in the country.

My father is about 60 years old and is retired since 2001. I am supporting him financially since then.

My Question
Is there anyway,

• a) i can extend his visa to stay longer
    b) can he legally live here because i have a stamp 4 here on his current visa which will expire on 15 of march 2010
    c) is there any visa he can apply so he can join me

Lost Soul

Post by Lost Soul » Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:18 pm

I'm sorry but you should have been deported years ago.

You give legal immigrants a bad name.

This forum is for people to obtain advice to stay within the law not for people who broke the law for years.

IrishTom is going to have a field day with you and rightly so.

kevo

Post by kevo » Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:41 pm

i think lost soul should read the OP's post - both him and his father are legally present in the state. He is looking for advice and it's not really for you to judge.

Re the question, my wife is in a similar situation and I don't think anything other than short-term visa is possible for your father.

I'd be very interested to hear if there any other options also.

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:58 pm

CitizensInformation.ie wrote:I am an Australian married to an Irish citizen and living in Cork. Can my Australian father come to live with us? He is on an Australian state pension.

If your father can show that he can support himself in Ireland and if he has private health insurance, he may come and live in Ireland with you.
Now, to which legislation CitizensInformation.ie are referring in the above statement has always remained a mystery. But the statement is made, nonetheless. I would recommend that you make enquiries with the Department of Justice, with a print-out of the above, and see what they have to say.

Alternatively, consider a collective move to Northern Ireland, where your spouse should pursue economic activity (usually for at least six months is required), then collectively move back to Ireland.
I am no longer posting publicly on this website - PM me if needed.

smalltime

Post by smalltime » Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:32 pm

Lost Soul wrote:I'm sorry but you should have been deported years ago.

This forum is for people to obtain advice to stay within the law not for people who broke the law for years.

lost soul are you afraid of irishtom?
the guy is illegal for many years because he wants to have a better life in ireland we cant judge him by that.

anyway this forum is helping people he needs help so his father can stay.

nabishah seems your father has to go back to pakistan and come back later again.

IrishTom
BANNED

Post by IrishTom » Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:53 pm

smalltime wrote:

lost soul are you afraid of irishtom?
the guy is illegal for many years because he wants to have a better life in ireland we cant judge him by that.

anyway this forum is helping people he needs help so his father can stay.

nabishah seems your father has to go back to pakistan and come back later again.
Of course we can, he broke the laws of the state. No sympathy. There are a lot of people out there who want a better life, unfortunately Ireland cannot solve the worlds ills.

Pakhtoon
- thin ice -

Post by Pakhtoon » Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:29 pm

Agreed.
“Terrorism is the war of the poor; war is the terrorism of the rich.â€

csr

Post by csr » Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:39 am

smalltime wrote:

Yes, he should have been deported long back.

agniukas

Post by agniukas » Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:26 am

My Question
Is there anyway,
  • a) i can extend his visa to stay longer
    b) can he legally live here because i have a stamp 4 here on his current visa which will expire on 15 of march 2010
    c) is there any visa he can apply so he can join me
answers:
a) C visit visa is issued for max 90 days and CANNOT be extended under any circumstances (even if you were a naturalised irish that could not be done)
b) no, he cannot stay here passed his 90 days
c) no, there is no other type of residence or visa that he could apply to stay in ireland, other that short stay C visit visa for 90 days.

nabishah
Newly Registered

Post by nabishah » Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:28 am

thanks everyone for the contribution.

IrishTom --> you are right by saying that ireland cannot solve everyone's problems but does this not apply to all the Irish citizens migrated to UK, USA, Austrailia, New Zealand etc... they welcomed them.... I bet if you digg deep, you will find some of your relatives still living in the above said countries. Anyway, it is not up to me to judge anyone. THANK YOU very much for your valued contribution and "open mind".

----------------------------
I been in contact with several solicitors and they have told me the same thing that there is no way, he can over stay his current visa legally and there is no way that i can sponsor him to come over and live with me. They said if i was married to an EU citizen, i could practice my EU Treaty rights and could apply for a visa for him but in my current situation, i cannot do nothing.