ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Need advice fast.

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Ohoopee

Need advice fast.

Post by Ohoopee » Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:51 pm

Hello, I have been living in Ireland on work permit for the past two years. I am applying for a new permit with a different company. The company who is hiring me has never hired a non-Eu national before so we must include a P30, Registration number and a letter from the Commissioners office stating that the company is a registered company. We sent a request to the Revenue Commissioners Office back in late December requesting this letter and we still have not received it. I am running out of time. My current work permit and visa expires in March. I can't afford to wait any longer. I have tried calling the work permits phone number but I can never get through. My potential employer has also called the Revenue Commissioners Office. They said that they had received our request but that it had not yet be cared out but they would do so as soon as possible. That is all I have heard from them.

I am going to already have to see if the Immigration officer will give me a temporary stamp on my passport so I can stay, but I can't wait on this letter anymore. Is there anything else I can send it it's place? The company has their registration number provided by the Revenue Commissioners Office. Is this letter even necessary?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

zafarzafar
BANNED

Post by zafarzafar » Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:06 pm

This is not ur mistake if revenue office is delaying the process, you can always get a 6 months temporary visa.
see below
http://www.justice.ie/en/JELR/Pages/Ahe ... 0Nationals
arsalan

Ohoopee

Post by Ohoopee » Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:39 pm

This is great, thank you for pointing it out but, how could I possibly prove isn't my fault? We did send a request to Revenue Department in writing but I am almost positive my company doesn't have a dated copy of it.

dublin123
Newly Registered

p30

Post by dublin123 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:41 pm

Ohoopee wrote:This is great, thank you for pointing it out but, how could I possibly prove isn't my fault? We did send a request to Revenue Department in writing but I am almost positive my company doesn't have a dated copy of it.

dublin123
Newly Registered

Re: Need advice fast.

Post by dublin123 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:43 pm

Ohoopee wrote:Hello, I have been living in Ireland on work permit for the past two years. I am applying for a new permit with a different company. The company who is hiring me has never hired a non-Eu national before so we must include a P30, Registration number and a letter from the Commissioners office stating that the company is a registered company. We sent a request to the Revenue Commissioners Office back in late December requesting this letter and we still have not received it. I am running out of time. My current work permit and visa expires in March. I can't afford to wait any longer. I have tried calling the work permits phone number but I can never get through. My potential employer has also called the Revenue Commissioners Office. They said that they had received our request but that it had not yet be cared out but they would do so as soon as possible. That is all I have heard from them.

I am going to already have to see if the Immigration officer will give me a temporary stamp on my passport so I can stay, but I can't wait on this letter anymore. Is there anything else I can send it it's place? The company has their registration number provided by the Revenue Commissioners Office. Is this letter even necessary?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
hi,
iam not sure, but p30 wouldn't take that long,p30 is revenue document which is issued to company by revenue commisioner every month,it contains name of each employee and salary and tax deductions,generally it is confindentail document for the company.
so check with the hr of the company and ask them to send it to work permit division(department) directly.
good luck

Ohoopee

Post by Ohoopee » Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:10 pm

Hello.

Yes, we have the p30, that is not the problem. The application also requests a letter from the Revenue commisioners office stating that they are a registered company. It is this letter I am waiting on. Personally, If I have a p30 and the companies revenue registration number, I don't understand why they need the letter.

zafarzafar
BANNED

Post by zafarzafar » Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:14 pm

This is great, thank you for pointing it out but, how could I possibly prove isn't my fault? We did send a request to Revenue Department in writing but I am almost positive my company doesn't have a dated copy of it.
You would explain all of the story to the Immigraetion officer and this scheme is for work permit holdders. you are not a first person in this kind of situation. Thousands of people lost their jobs in recession. so the immigration officer would be well aware of it.
so don't worry and keep positive.
arsalan

zafarzafar
BANNED

Post by zafarzafar » Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:16 pm

If I have a p30 and the companies revenue registration number, I don't understand why they need the letter.
I think with the help of company registration number + P30 the dept of enterprise could carry out all the checks. so, i think its really stupid
arsalan

Ohoopee

Post by Ohoopee » Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:03 pm

Hello, I just wanted everyone to know that I finally broke down and called the work permits help line. I hate using them because previously I was given incorrect information from them which also delayed my application.

But they told me that if I had the registration number and the p30 to just go ahead and send the application and if they needed more information, they would contact my employer. So I have done that this mourning.

zafarzafar, I am probably still going to have to apply for that temporary visa. I went to the website that page you linked to said to go to but I wasn't able to find the application form for this temporary visa. Can some help me find it?

Thanks everyone for the help.

zafarzafar
BANNED

Post by zafarzafar » Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:28 pm

zafarzafar, I am probably still going to have to apply for that temporary visa. I went to the website that page you linked to said to go to but I wasn't able to find the application form for this temporary visa. Can some help me find it?
There is no application form, this is an open scheme for all work permit holders. Just go to the GNIB , collect your ticket and on the window tell your story to the visa officer, he/she would know all this in advanced, also take the print out of the link with you before going to GNIB , might be you can show them as a reference.
arsalan

zafarzafar
BANNED

Post by zafarzafar » Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:33 pm

Ohoopee what is your trade ?, what kind job you were doing in the past 2 years ? and what is your new employer, ? what would be ur job there ?
arsalan

dublin3
- thin ice -

Post by dublin3 » Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:42 pm

Ohoopee wrote:Hello, I just wanted everyone to know that I finally broke down and called the work permits help line. I hate using them because previously I was given incorrect information from them which also delayed my application.

But they told me that if I had the registration number and the p30 to just go ahead and send the application and if they needed more information, they would contact my employer. So I have done that this mourning.

Thanks everyone for the help.
Hi!
This scheme have nothing to do with your case.
This scheme was valid from 1st October 2009 to 31st December 2009 and for those people who came here on work permit and couldn't get extension and that was not their fault so this Scheme was to give those worker 4 months visa to find an employer and apply for another work permit and there is an application form for that.
http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/Un ... ers_Scheme
I hope this helps

Ohoopee

Post by Ohoopee » Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:54 pm

Hello All,

I am a chef and have been employed for the past two years at a 5 star hotel. Now I am going to work for a resort.

Do you guys think I should go ahead and send this temporary visa application in now or should I wait till my current work permit expires? Woudl the Garda immigration officer be able to give me a temporary one month stamp allowing me to stay? I sent my new visa application form in Friday so it should arrive in the work permits office either tomm or Tuesday at the latest. So hopefully, 1 month extra is all I really need.

aswadref

Post by aswadref » Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:57 am

its good to go and get a 3month stamp from the garda just go and explain them ur story they will give u a three month stamp, coz processing of workpermits is taking ages these days.make sure ur job title is same as the old one in the new application or else there is chances they might look for a fas letter and delay things further

zafarzafar
BANNED

Post by zafarzafar » Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:26 pm

make sure ur job title is same as the old one in the new application or else there is chances they might look for a fas letter and delay things further
Hi aswadref,
I don't think that change of job title or trade will effect the application because he is not coming new into the country, also i know many people that they were working some where else with different trdae or job title but during the rescession they lost jobs. but there was no problem for them to renew.
For Example: a friend of mine was a chef in an indian restaurant and he renewed his work permit as a head butcher,
arsalan

aswadref

Post by aswadref » Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:12 pm

well its better to be safe than sorry coz they asked me for a fas letter when i changed my job and i used to work for indian restaurant as well.

Ohoopee

Post by Ohoopee » Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:20 am

Right, well I have already submitted my application. I sent it registered mail so that I could be certain they received it and the tracking shows it was delivered to their office today. Yeah I am changing employers but I do have the same job title and make about the same money. By the way, now that I have already sent my application off, that form I have been waiting for from the Revenue office for over 2 months finally arrived. :roll:

I'll call my local Garda immigration officer later this week and talk to him about my situation and see if he will give me a temporary stamp until my work permit comes in. I live in a very small town so I'll have to take a 45 min. bus ride to see the immigration officer. So if he will give me a temporary stamp, I will try to book a time to meet him next week.

Thanks for all the help everyone. Based on all the advice I have gotten, I am now not in such a panic and am starting to relax a bit.

aswadref

Post by aswadref » Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:52 am

the immigration officers are normally aware of the fact that the waiting times for work permits is too long these days so shouldnt be a problem they should stamp it for you for three months.