ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Lost Passport/Visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sirpsychosexy
Newly Registered

Lost Passport/Visa

Post by sirpsychosexy » Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:08 pm

My wife has lost her passport with her two year right to remain visa attached. At present we are both in the UK, and she will ahve to apply for a new passport here at the US Embassy. My question is will we have to re-apply for the VISA paying the £400-£500 cost and going through that whole process again or can we just ask for a replacemt visa? Thanks Chris.

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:09 pm

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:12 pm

You have to request for a relacement visa (not transfer of visa) and you'll have to pay the full fee.

Check with UKBA directly about the docuementary evidence you need to provide at this stage - whether you'll have to provide the whole bunch of documentary evidence that you submitted at the time of visa application or whether (under the circumstances) doccumentary evidence of having lost a passport (and visa) will suffice (e..g. police report, photocopy of passport and visa, etc.).

regards

immigrationuk2009
BANNED

Re: Lost Passport/Visa

Post by immigrationuk2009 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:13 pm

Hi
sirpsychosexy wrote:My wife has lost her passport with her two year right to remain visa attached. At present we are both in the UK, and she will ahve to apply for a new passport here at the US Embassy. My question is will we have to re-apply for the VISA paying the £400-£500 cost and going through that whole process again or can we just ask for a replacement visa? Thanks Chris.
Yes you have to apply for transfer of stamp on your new US Passport.You can do that by postal application which is cheap or at PEO which is expensive.

Application form to fill is TOC..

NOOOOOOO....This is not application for visa again,this is simply an application for transfer of visa stamp and is very straight forward.

UK_Banned_Member
Please always seek legal advise from OSIC consultant or immigration solicitor.These are my personal views gain through experience or study.

UK_Banned_Member