ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Amendment to Certificate of Naturalisation (How long?)

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sholay78
Newly Registered

Amendment to Certificate of Naturalisation (How long?)

Post by sholay78 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:09 pm

Dear friends,

I received my naturalisation certificate on 11th Feb after which I saw a typing mistake in the place of birth mentioned on my certificate.

As stated on the invitation letter, I sent it back the same day for amendment.

If anyone has gone through the same experience recently, can you please let me know how long did it take to receive your amended certificate? It has been almost 2 weeks and I had thought it should be a metter of few days only :(

After naturalisation, I do not have any travel document (since I cant get the UK passport without the certificate of naturalisation) and my work involves travel.

Hence, need to know about the timelines for this and also to see if there is any way to speed this up?

Many thanks
:(

andreachen

Post by andreachen » Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:49 pm

Hi,

I had exactly the same problem, my place of birth was incorrect. It took just over 2 weeks to receive a new certificate.

Good luck,
Andrea