ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can I Claim for my earnings while I am studying

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

angelloveguy

Can I Claim for my earnings while I am studying

Post by angelloveguy » Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:46 pm

Hello Every one !!!

I am currently on Tier 1 Post Study Work and as per my visa I can work full time in UK.I have just completed my Masters degree as I got my PSW on Post Graduate Diploma in September 2008 and I now want to apply for Tier1 General.

My Question is I have compeleted my degree in between Jan 2009 to Jan 2010 and in the mean time i was also working as i am on PSW. Will my Earnings in between Jan 2009 to Feb 2010 will be accepted or not??

waiting for the response.

thanks

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Re: Can I Claim for my earnings while I am studying

Post by aruni4470 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:38 pm

angelloveguy wrote:Hello Every one !!!

I am currently on Tier 1 Post Study Work and as per my visa I can work full time in UK.I have just completed my Masters degree as I got my PSW on Post Graduate Diploma in September 2008 and I now want to apply for Tier1 General.

My Question is I have compeleted my degree in between Jan 2009 to Jan 2010 and in the mean time i was also working as i am on PSW. Will my Earnings in between Jan 2009 to Feb 2010 will be accepted or not??

waiting for the response.

thanks
If they are earned according to your visa conditions (20 hours per week only during term time), then I think they can be taken into account. But, with just 20 hours per week will you manage to get enough points for previous earnings (Minimum £20000)?

Also wait for others to respond..

angelloveguy

Post by angelloveguy » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:22 pm

I am on Post study work and I can work full time.. so will this 20 hours work apply to me too??? during my studies...

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:30 pm

angelloveguy wrote:I am on Post study work and I can work full time.. so will this 20 hours work apply to me too??? during my studies...
Sorry I read your other post which did not give clear picture and did not read this completely. Please accept my apologies first.

If you are on PSW, you should not have any issues claiming your earnings.

angelloveguy

Post by angelloveguy » Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:34 am

So you are saying I can claim for my previous earnings which are more then £32000 and i have also completed my Masters degree also during my job. and no questions will be raised...

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:25 am

angelloveguy wrote:So you are saying I can claim for my previous earnings which are more then £32000 and i have also completed my Masters degree also during my job. and no questions will be raised...
You said that you already had a PG diploma in 2008. Was this masters a continuation of that diploma or a completely new course? Was it part time or full time? If it was fulltime and completely new course, how did you manage to attend the course and work? If it was a part time course then I think you should be ok.

Also wait for others to respond.

angelloveguy

Post by angelloveguy » Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:55 pm

Yes it was a totally new course and I work 4 days and studied 3 days.. so it was a full time course and full time work too. as you know that its easy to manage..... and i had no legal binding to work full time and study full time...

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:03 pm

angelloveguy wrote:Yes it was a totally new course and I work 4 days and studied 3 days.. so it was a full time course and full time work too. as you know that its easy to manage..... and i had no legal binding to work full time and study full time...
You have done a good job doing a full time job and also a full time course. I always found it difficult managing anything else from work.(trying to complete some certifications from a long time) :(

In regards to your query, I am not sure if you could claim points for previous earning while doing full time course. So, will wait for others to respond. Tvn, sush and others any ideas?

hsmpaspirant2008

Post by hsmpaspirant2008 » Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:30 am

You can claim earnings as long as you are legally permitted to work the time you worked, does not matter if you have been doing a fulltime course since for earnings they do not require you to work fulltime. As long as you have required earnings go for it you should have no problems.

aruni4470 wrote:
angelloveguy wrote:Yes it was a totally new course and I work 4 days and studied 3 days.. so it was a full time course and full time work too. as you know that its easy to manage..... and i had no legal binding to work full time and study full time...
You have done a good job doing a full time job and also a full time course. I always found it difficult managing anything else from work.(trying to complete some certifications from a long time) :(

In regards to your query, I am not sure if you could claim points for previous earning while doing full time course. So, will wait for others to respond. Tvn, sush and others any ideas?

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Sat Feb 27, 2010 6:40 pm

The question that you really need to answer is, in a nutshell,

1) Can you study full time while on psw visa. As far as HO is concerned, they have allowed you to look for job or work for any employer (as long as your psw is valid).

Now, you are saying that you have been studying full time on your PSW!!!. I am pretty sure, if you are studying, then psw is NOT the correct visa unless someone proves me wrong here.

So, have you, basically fallen foul of any laws that prohibits you from studying full-time while on psw visa? Find an answer to that question and apply in full confidence for your tier 1 application.

They will be able to check your background and dont keep this question unanswered in your application as it could effect your application outcome.

regards

angelloveguy

Post by angelloveguy » Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:15 am

Yes... Thats the answer I am also looking for.. as on Post study work visa I am allowed to work or study.. Can they raise this Question that why and how can you study full time while you are working full time... which I did luckely... but accourding to my visa .. I can work and Study...