ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

STUDENTS TO WORK FOR 10HRS PER WEEK AND DEPENDANTS OHRS

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

worldenron
Newly Registered

Post by worldenron » Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:26 pm

Wanderer wrote:
worldenron wrote:all courses which are equal or above NQF level 4 (for those who dont understand the NQF level an example of NQF level 3 would be A levels) can work 20 hours and bring their dependants who can work without restrictions 8)
]

No i think they will stick with this as they have realised that they need the overseas student to supplement the university funding , but at a higher NQF level as they are more likely to be serious students as opposed to NQF level 3 below degree level
Last edited by worldenron on Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

shussain452

Post by shussain452 » Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:23 pm

hi. i am the first amongst the student from whom his employee demanded a latter from college confirming that i am studying above level 4

qu1ver
BANNED

i wish you have had some brains

Post by qu1ver » Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:17 pm

hey pakhtoon,
i dont want to confront you either cuz you have worked hard to make your way out of afghanistan through a lorry to europe to get a better living , since you have got the passport but looking at your dialect you seems to be an uneducated bona fide beingl. i am not a dearly beloved like you either and I have got many afghan friends who are educated and who have respect for everyone thats why they are happy in their life as well and they are sucessfull. You seem to be an ignorant person who dont have no clue about his own life, its just because people have showed you fingers all the time in your life and thats what made you act a penchant in here. If you look at the history of england the country was invaded by normans (french) in 1000 whereas the real british king harold was killed. Normans learned english and now their successors are queen victoria , elizabeth etc. One last thing i want to tell you , all those indian and pakistanis people have culture and belong from a country in which they are free to go but you cant even make your way back to ur motherland, isnt it so sadistic.. i wont sympathise with you cuz i have already wasted so much time on you .. dont feel upset or get depressed, its better you get to a psycatrist and it will free for you via NHS since you must be on benefits eh! help yourself and find yourslef some work,,

Pakhtoon
- thin ice -

Re: i wish you have had some brains

Post by Pakhtoon » Fri Feb 19, 2010 7:23 am

qu1ver wrote:hey pakhtoon,
i dont want to confront you either cuz you have worked hard to make your way out of afghanistan through a lorry to europe to get a better living , since you have got the passport but looking at your dialect you seems to be an uneducated bona fide beingl. i am not a dearly beloved like you either and I have got many afghan friends who are educated and who have respect for everyone thats why they are happy in their life as well and they are sucessfull. You seem to be an ignorant person who dont have no clue about his own life, its just because people have showed you fingers all the time in your life and thats what made you act a penchant in here. If you look at the history of england the country was invaded by normans (french) in 1000 whereas the real british king harold was killed. Normans learned english and now their successors are queen victoria , elizabeth etc. One last thing i want to tell you , all those indian and pakistanis people have culture and belong from a country in which they are free to go but you cant even make your way back to ur motherland, isnt it so sadistic.. i wont sympathise with you cuz i have already wasted so much time on you .. dont feel upset or get depressed, its better you get to a psycatrist and it will free for you via NHS since you must be on benefits eh! help yourself and find yourslef some work,,
No wonder the status is banned.
“Terrorism is the war of the poor; war is the terrorism of the rich.â€

Tim555

Re: i wish you have had some brains

Post by Tim555 » Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:34 pm

qu1ver wrote:hey pakhtoon,
I wish you could have a brain. I'm sure you have multi IDs. You dont have much courage to say this shit from your main ID thats why you used this second ID. Admin'll get you.
Each and every one of us can make a difference. All right everyone, line up alphabetically according to your height.

Tim555

Re: STUDENTS TO WORK FOR 10HRS PER WEEK AND DEPENDANTS OHRS

Post by Tim555 » Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:38 pm

bongaye wrote:HI ALL

THERE IS A PROPOSAL FROM THE GOVERNMENT THAT INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS STUDYING BELOW UNDERGRADUATE WILL BE ALLOWED TO WORK JUST 10HRS A WEEK AND THEIR DEPENDANTS WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO WORK AT ALL?ANY COMMENTS?JUST SAW IT ON THE UKBA WEBSITE.
Its not a proposal. Its almost decided.
Each and every one of us can make a difference. All right everyone, line up alphabetically according to your height.

Tim555

Post by Tim555 » Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:42 pm

PostMan wrote:
inwarsaw wrote:My comments ? I think its great ! Work should be banned for all students not just those you mentioned.
You are wrong, Students should be allowed to work to support their UK experience.
I think it should be other way around. Students must study 20 hrs a week and must be allowed to work unlimited hours a week. What do u say students?

Tim555

Re: Get some dignity

Post by Tim555 » Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:44 pm

Tier 4 wrote:
inwarsaw wrote:My comments ? I think its great ! Work should be banned for all students not just those you mentioned.
Yo Mr _____ I bet u marriage with some polish chick in Warsaw ahhhhhhhhhhhh change ur id dude get some dignity at least
Students be a student.

Pakhtoon
- thin ice -

Post by Pakhtoon » Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:52 pm

Tier 4 wrote:
Yo Mr _____ I bet u marriage with some polish chick in Warsaw ahhhhhhhhhhhh change ur id dude get some dignity at least
what are you talking about ??

Pakhtoon
- thin ice -

Post by Pakhtoon » Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:53 pm

Tim555 wrote:
PostMan wrote:
You are wrong, Students should be allowed to work to support their UK experience.
I think it should be other way around. Students must study 20 hrs a week and must be allowed to work unlimited hours a week. What do u say students?
Haha yes thats a great idea for 'students'

Tim555

Post by Tim555 » Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:56 pm

Pakhtoon wrote:
Tier 4 wrote:
what are you talking about ??
He is like this sort of student:

TEACHER: Why are you late?
STUDENT: Because of the sign.
TEACHER: What sign?
STUDENT: The one that says, "College Ahead, Go Slow."

Tim555

Post by Tim555 » Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:59 pm

AW wrote:Even in our home country we work along with study so that we can practice all theoretical ideas in a practical context.....
so students should be allowed to work so that they can best understand the COMPLETE CHAIN OF AN ORGANIZATION AND PROBLEMS THAT EVERYONE FACES INVOLVED IN THAT CHAIN......it strengthens their ideas, skills and gives them a practical context to implement the roles which they study in college or university.....
If students get complete chain of an organization and how do they study?

Like this?

TEACHER: What is the chemical formula for water?
STUDENT: "HIJKLMNO"!!
TEACHER: What are you talking about?
STUDENT: Yesterday you said it's H to O!

or

TEACHER: George, go to the map and find North America.
GEORGE: Here it is!
TEACHER: Correct. Now, class, who discovered America?
CLASS: George!

Now students! you decide do u really wanna complete chain?

Tim555

Post by Tim555 » Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:05 pm

PostMan wrote:
I agree students must allowed to work ( to be honest from 20 to 30 hours ) if more than that the results will be like this:

SILVIA: Dad, can you write in the dark?
FATHER: I think so. What do you want me to write?
SYLVIA: Your name on this report card.

Tim555

Post by Tim555 » Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:40 pm

Tim555 wrote:
AW wrote:Even in our home country we work along with study so that we can practice all theoretical ideas in a practical context.....
so students should be allowed to work so that they can best understand the COMPLETE CHAIN OF AN ORGANIZATION AND PROBLEMS THAT EVERYONE FACES INVOLVED IN THAT CHAIN......it strengthens their ideas, skills and gives them a practical context to implement the roles which they study in college or university.....
If students get complete chain of an organization THAN how do they study?

Like this?

TEACHER: What is the chemical formula for water?
STUDENT: "HIJKLMNO"!!
TEACHER: What are you talking about?
STUDENT: Yesterday you said it's H to O!

or

TEACHER: George, go to the map and find North America.
GEORGE: Here it is!
TEACHER: Correct. Now, class, who discovered America?
CLASS: George!

Now students! you decide do u really wanna complete chain?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:51 am

How about some new immigration rules, on the lines of:

Rule 1: Students must study < 20 hrs a week and must be allowed to work unlimited hours a week.
Rule 2: If unlimited work is not enough for students to fund their stay in the UK, then the condition to study < 20 hrs a week can be waived off at the discretion of the Secretary of State upon submission of valid documentary evidence (e.g. - bank statements showing overdrafts).
Rule 3: Until further notice, any person who has never studied English language in school and is applying for leave to enter/remain as a Tier 4 (Student) will automatically qualify for ILR and will be exempt from passing the Life in the UK test.

Then, it will be *Life in the UK* for all students! :D

regards

Tier 4
- thin ice -

lv it

Post by Tier 4 » Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:55 pm

sushdmehta wrote:How about some new immigration rules, on the lines of:

Rule 1: Students must study < 20 hrs a week and must be allowed to work unlimited hours a week.
Rule 2: If unlimited work is not enough for students to fund their stay in the UK, then the condition to study < 20 hrs a week can be waived off at the discretion of the Secretary of State upon submission of valid documentary evidence (e.g. - bank statements showing overdrafts).
Rule 3: Until further notice, any person who has never studied English language in school and is applying for leave to enter/remain as a Tier 4 (Student) will automatically qualify for ILR and will be exempt from passing the Life in the UK test.

regards
hahahahahhahaha soooooooooo funy ...... atleat u gave few faces little smile :lol:
N/A

Tim555

Post by Tim555 » Sat Feb 20, 2010 5:55 pm

sushdmehta wrote:How about some new immigration rules, on the lines of:

regards
Great sugguestions. I wish I could be a student.

Cheers.

bongaye
Newly Registered

Post by bongaye » Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:09 pm

hi guys
posted this so we could chat about it not that we should insult each other.once more how are you feeling about the changes?more contributions but no quarrels please

THERE IS A PROPOSAL FROM THE GOVERNMENT THAT INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS STUDYING BELOW UNDERGRADUATE WILL BE ALLOWED TO WORK JUST 10HRS A WEEK AND THEIR DEPENDANTS WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO WORK AT ALL?ANY COMMENTS?JUST SAW IT ON THE UKBA WEBSITE.

Pakhtoon
- thin ice -

Post by Pakhtoon » Sun Feb 21, 2010 4:44 pm

bongaye wrote:hi guys
posted this so we could chat about it not that we should insult each other.once more how are you feeling about the changes?more contributions but no quarrels please

Would it change anything if I would say I feel very bad about it ? People who come on student visa to UK are supposed to be studying so how many hours are they allowed to work shouldn't be one of their worries.

Tier 4
- thin ice -

Post by Tier 4 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:53 am

Pakhtoon wrote:

Would it change anything if I would say I feel very bad about it ? People who come on student visa to UK are supposed to be studying so how many hours are they allowed to work shouldn't be one of their worries.
Seems u playing by rules in Britain, but they ain’t playing by rules in ur country do they? Now I know why Afghanistan always so _______________ anywz never mind.
N/A

miyan
Newly Registered

Post by miyan » Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:12 am

I agree with you Tier4. People like those have no self dignity and respect for others. Just to Obtain Passport they eventually end up marrying a EU citizen. Since they lack education and couldnt find a job then they start criticizing other people (for example students). The best way is to ignore them and not replying back to their absurdness.
Educated people dont rhyme the way some of these guys do. Formally they are just imposters even trying to sabotage other nationalities like polish etc. So the best thing is not to have an eye on it..
A NOTE FOR STUDENTS: Once you will finish up your studies in the UK, You dont need a passport or a visa to get a job. The Degree will be your passport in every single country in the world. I have friends who studied from UK and they are working all around the world earning above £ 50K. So dont put urself down just by a few people in here messing around telling you that you should leave UK or even if they laugh at you just smile back at them since they never had the chance that you have had to study and ligthen up your future. May god help you all to find success in your life.
Tier 4 wrote:
Pakhtoon wrote:

Seems u playing by rules in Britain, but they ain’t playing by rules in ur country do they? Now I know why Afghanistan always so _______________ anywz never mind.

Hyks
Newly Registered

Luv it !

Post by Hyks » Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:09 pm

If wishes were horses beggars would ride, this is not even wishful thinking mate !

Regards, Hyks

Pakhtoon
- thin ice -

Post by Pakhtoon » Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:53 pm

miyan wrote: I agree with you Tier4. People like those have no self dignity and respect for others. Just to Obtain Passport they eventually end up marrying a EU citizen. Since they lack education and couldnt find a job then they start criticizing other people (for example students). The best way is to ignore them and not replying back to their absurdness.
Educated people dont rhyme the way some of these guys do. Formally they are just imposters even trying to sabotage other nationalities like polish etc. So the best thing is not to have an eye on it..
A NOTE FOR STUDENTS: Once you will finish up your studies in the UK, You dont need a passport or a visa to get a job. The Degree will be your passport in every single country in the world. I have friends who studied from UK and they are working all around the world earning above £ 50K. So dont put urself down just by a few people in here messing around telling you that you should leave UK or even if they laugh at you just smile back at them since they never had the chance that you have had to study and ligthen up your future. May god help you all to find success in your life.
You have actually got it totally wrong. I have never opined against people who come to UK to study. I would be glad to see more and more students from third world countries specially Pakistan come to UK to get quality education and then, as you said, work all over the world to earn money for themselves and respect for their country.

What I said was about those students who come to UK not to study but to work more than they are allowed to and s-crew up everything as a result for example the reputation of their country or making life harder for those who are genuine students.

Hope this clarifies.

Pakhtoon
- thin ice -

Post by Pakhtoon » Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:58 pm

Just noticed your signature Miyan saab, seems you are advertising. Thats not allowed here so I would advise to change your signature before you get banned.

Tim555

Post by Tim555 » Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:17 pm

Pakhtoon wrote:

WELL SAID.

100% AGREE