ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PSW Dependent Please Advice

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

lavana
Newly Registered

PSW Dependent Please Advice

Post by lavana » Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:34 am

Hi every one, I am in the UK on Post Study Work and recently married and want to get my wife on dependent. I have some doubts and would appreciate the responses.

1) My PSW is expering in July does this have any effect on the dependents application?

2) With regard to maintainence of fund I have 2200(1600+533). Is this the correct amount to show??

3) I am presently earning 25K( £1800 per month). Is this sufficient for my application?

4) Do I need to show for accomodation? I am trying to get a new tenency agreement

5) finally the documents
i) marriage certificate
ii) My payslips
iii) 3 months bank statements for maintainence
iv) tenancy agreement

are these enough or do i need any thing more.

Many thanks,

Lavana.

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:16 pm

if you are earning 25 k then why would you not switch from psw to tier 1 OR tier 2.

How long have you been earning 25 K ( atleast 12 months?).

My advice is apply for tier 1 or tier 2 visa and then include her as your dependent in one of those category.

Regards

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: PSW Dependent Please Advice

Post by geriatrix » Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:17 am

lavana wrote:1) My PSW is expering in July does this have any effect on the dependents application?
With 4 months remaining for your PSW visa to expire, it is highly unlikely that your dependent's EC application will be granted. Short remaining period of your visa will affect EC application that you sponsor (e.g. - parents' family visit, spouse's family visit, spouse's dependent application etc.) during this time.

regards

lavana
Newly Registered

Post by lavana » Sun Feb 28, 2010 2:17 am

arsenal49 wrote:if you are earning 25 k then why would you not switch from psw to tier 1 OR tier 2.

How long have you been earning 25 K ( atleast 12 months?).

My advice is apply for tier 1 or tier 2 visa and then include her as your dependent in one of those category.

Regards

Thanks for the info. I am employed for the past 6months on this salary, so tier1 is ruled out for me. I am still considering tier 2 but have to speak with my employer regarding this.

any advice with regard to applying for PSW dependent.

Regards.

lavana
Newly Registered

Re: PSW Dependent Please Advice

Post by lavana » Sun Feb 28, 2010 2:32 am

sushdmehta wrote:
lavana wrote:1) My PSW is expering in July does this have any effect on the dependents application?
With 4 months remaining for your PSW visa to expire, it is highly unlikely that your dependent's EC application will be granted. Short remaining period of your visa will affect EC application that you sponsor (e.g. - parents' family visit, spouse's family visit, spouse's dependent application etc.) during this time.

regards
Thanks for the info, but I would still like to give it a try could any advice is appreciated.

Regards

aries2010
Newly Registered

Post by aries2010 » Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:12 pm

Job is not a requirement for PSW dependent application