ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UKBA decision on Tier 1 MAC Recommendations

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

GeneNZ

Post by GeneNZ » Sun Feb 28, 2010 2:11 am

Hi there,

I know this might be a long shot, but I figured I might give it a try, since there maybe someone on this board that has more information (or has some sort of inside information?).

I'm currently planning on heading to the UK in the coming months, and recently I heard about the Tier 1 General recommendations made by MAC to the UKBA, back in December 2009. Depending on whether these changes are announced/implemented, I am planning travelling on a Tier 5 YMS visa (I am a New Zealand citizen) or the Tier 1 General visa (provided they implement the changes, and I'm eligible). Ideally I want to travel on the Tier 1 simply because it is a better visa (in terms of job prospects etc).

What I was wondering is if anyone had any clue when the UKBA will be announcing whether they will accept the changes made by MAC? I know the press release made by the back in December 2009 said they will annouce whether the recommendations are accepted in "early 2010". Research from various websites also stated that generally recommendations made by MAC are usually accepted in full by the UKBA, and if they do make changes, it will be implemented in the first 1/4 of 2010.

Would anyone have any further information about when the annoucement will be made? At the moment, I'm in a holding pattern waiting on the UKBA to make these annoucements, since I want to travel on the Tier 1 visa. Just getting itchy feet.

Like I said, I realise this post is a long shot, but I figured I might just ask.

Thanks in advance!

varmadba
Newly Registered

Post by varmadba » Sun Feb 28, 2010 8:01 am

Hi GeneNZ

did you find any more update / info
i googled but didn't find any info on if new rules will be accepted or not

if you have update or info please share with us

thanks in advance

Varma

GeneNZ

Re: UKBA decision on Tier 1 MAC Recommendations

Post by GeneNZ » Sun Feb 28, 2010 8:34 am

varmadba wrote:Hi GeneNZ

did you find any more update / info
i googled but didn't find any info on if new rules will be accepted or not

if you have update or info please share with us

thanks in advance

Varma
I have no update. I am posting to see if anyone has any updates.

All I can say is there are various immigration news websites that speculate saying that generally the MAC recommendations are accepted in full and that if changes are made, it will be implemented by 1st quarter 2010.

I personally have no official/unofficial news. I am as in the dark as the next person.

Saga

Post by Saga » Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:00 am

I don't think UKBA has announced any decisions as of yet.. Though its a good idea to keep checking their news updates for applicants

http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/news-a ... Applicants