ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

urgent help required pliz..

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

action*cut
Newly Registered

urgent help required pliz..

Post by action*cut » Thu Jan 26, 2006 1:08 pm

dear moderators.

i'm currently on a workpermit in UK. i would like yr help with my passport. i took the passport [indian passport holder] from the state where i studied and worked. but my place of birth is another state. when i took the PP they made a mistake by putting my Place of birth wrongly than my original. i approached IHC in London they said , i can do the amendments when i go back to Home country. if i change it , will there be any problem for ILR? will there be any problem at the airport when i come back. becoz, when thet change , i'm sure it will be new passport. can i get the visa transfered from the old PP to new PP in Inda? pliz, pliz help

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Thu Jan 26, 2006 1:58 pm

will there be any problem for ILR? will there be any problem at the airport when i come back
No ... and no .... if you get a new passport and the EC is in the old passport, just present both passports at check-in at the airport in India, and also at immigration in the UK
John

raikal

Post by raikal » Fri Jan 27, 2006 2:40 pm

Indian govt dont change the passport to amend the place of birth.
They right it as an observation and stamp it on one of the pages.

so there is no hassle.